Page 465 of 473 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It’s official!

According to Near Mint Condition, PHOENIX OMNIBUS VOLUME 2 will drop September 2023, with covers by Artgerm and Walter Simonson. This volume will collect stories centered on Jean’s return, her clone Madelyne Pryor, and her daughter Rachel Summers. Included in this volume are:

X-Men (1963) 141; Uncanny X-Men (1981) 142, 168-176, 184, 199, 201-203, 207-209, 221-222, 239-243; Avengers (1963) 263; Fantastic Four (1961) 286; X-Factor (1986) 1, 13, 18, 35-39; Excalibur (1988) 42-50. 52. 61. 66-67.

Covers (tentative):

Yahoo! You know I was waiting for a Volume 2, Mercury!

This is great news!

Thank you for keeping us informed!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Found some artwork of Jean, thought I'd share. Enjoy!

Attachment 126931Attachment 126932Attachment 126933
    Hey, CU!

Unfortunately, I had to be away for the past week, but I am back now. So glad to see you on here!

Thanks for these great Jean pics!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

First and foremost, if I may say so without sounding odd, I already love the way your mind works. And please do pop in here as often as you can and go on as many Jean-related tangents as you see fit. In addition, your theories regarding Arishem and the Celestials' motives are valid, plausible, and rather incredible. As for why Jean felt relief "after blowing Arishem's thumb off," I think you have a point, that is, she certainly felt relief due to "successfully averting another situation where billions of people would have perished." However, I also think she felt a subconscious sense of redemption, i.e., perhaps she felt, in some way, she made up for her crime as Dark Phoenix. However, as for why she distanced herself from Madelyne and Phoenix when the truth had already been revealed to her, she was still in a state of denial and dissociation, both running themes in her story.

Now, a tangent of my own: Frankly, as someone who has grappled with abuse, trauma, and addiction, this is why I am so drawn to Jean as a character: In pivotal moments, her story has been defined by trauma (her best friend's death, her own deaths, her transformation into Phoenix, the perpetrations of Mesmero, Mastermind, and Sinister), abuse (again, the perpetrations of the aforementioned), and addiction (her initial responses to her own power after becoming Phoenix and her hunger for escape after breaking free from Mastermind's abuse and control, which prompted her transformation into Dark Phoenix). As I see it, these facets of her story have often compelled her to deny the truth and dissociate herself from her various "incarnations," which, to me, make her utterly compelling, especially because she has nevertheless and often chosen the path of selflessness both to put others before herself and to right her wrongs.

Earlier today, I was think-drafting a Twitter thread about self-sacrifice being one of Jean's core characteristics. During her prepubescence, she nearly died trying to psychically protect her dying best friend, which is when her telepathy manifested. Later, as a young woman, she knowingly risked her life by piloting a space shuttle through a solar flare to save her team, which led to her transformation into Phoenix. Afterward, while grappling with trauma as Dark Phoenix, she killed herself to save the world and perhaps the cosmos. Not long after her return from stasis, she surrendered her soul to Mephisto to save Madelyne and Nathan, whom he had killed but brought back due to Jean’s sacrifice. (He would go on to refer to her soul as "rare and wondrous.") Finally, as White Phoenix, when she could have easily reincarnated and returned to Earth, she chose to do Phoenix work instead, and dissipated Scott's guilt (over cheating on her) and grief (due to her "death") so that he would enter into a relationship with Emma and ensure the survival of mutants and humans alike. I mean...

There is no character like her. 🥹 /end tangent
    Agree: There is no character like Jean Grey Phoenix!

I love your both of your tangents, lol!

Jean taking charge, catching a mountain, and gifting Magik with “a lovely bit of asteroid [she] plucked from high orbit around our planet...while saving the world when the Eternals attacked”... I really do love the strength and decisiveness with which Duggan imbues Jean.

I love how Jean is used here and the interaction with the others, too.

Jean's yawn made me giggle.

The asteroid gift is unique like Jean herself.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Agree: There is no character like Jean Grey Phoenix!

I love your both of your tangents, lol!
    Hey, CU!

Unfortunately, I had to be away for the past week, but I am back now. So glad to see you on here!

Thanks for these great Jean pics!
    I was wondering where you'd gone to! Phoenix/Enigma Force pals for life, we are, so it's all good! Glad you like them and the tangents. Tangents are fun but like rabbit holes they can get pretty deep.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I was wondering where you'd gone to! Phoenix/Enigma Force pals for life, we are, so it's all good! Glad you like them and the tangents. Tangents are fun but like rabbit holes they can get pretty deep.
    Thanks!

Yes indeed, Enigma/Phoenix Force Pals for Life!

I am so happy that they are doing a Phoenix Omnibus #2!

Thanks!

Yes indeed, Enigma/Phoenix Force Pals for Life!

I am so happy that they are doing a Phoenix Omnibus #2!
    Right?! I heard it's missing some stuff but I guess you can only fit so much in an omnibus when it has so much material in comparison to something like the Squadron Supreme omnibus. Or maybe I was thinking of a different Phoenix omnibus...eh, I don't know.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Right?! I heard it's missing some stuff but I guess you can only fit so much in an omnibus when it has so much material in comparison to something like the Squadron Supreme omnibus. Or maybe I was thinking of a different Phoenix omnibus...eh, I don't know.
    I have to review better what is in it. What do you think is missing? Sometimes they forget to add things, like if the character appeared in another comic and those putting it together are unaware of it.

I have to review better what is in it. What do you think is missing? Sometimes they forget to add things, like if the character appeared in another comic and those putting it together are unaware of it.
    I can't remember, I thought someone on here mentioned it was missing a couple of books or it seemed to be, but now I can't remember why I think that.

"Timeless Dark Phoenix Virgin Variant" by Alex Ross for X-Men #20.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Pretty...she's all "I HAVE THE POWER!" *Chorus* JEAN GREY! Jean Grey and the Masters of the Universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Simply beautiful!

Pretty...she's all "I HAVE THE POWER!" *Chorus* JEAN GREY! Jean Grey and the Masters of the Universe!
    Hahaha, yes, Dark Phoenix does have all the power.

Been gone for a while, 2 years actually, I stopped reading all the books. Catching up and I see that Jean is doing way better since the last time I was here... Goodbye the so outdated Marvel Girl suit, and she's using using her TK much more ! That's great... Some book to advise me to catch up ? I stopped reading all the books when she decided to leave X-Force...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

This is stunning. Every time Alex Ross draws Jean he creates something beautiful to look at.