Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
I am not sure if this post is directed at me and some of my responses, but to be clear, I am not policing people's takeaways or opinions. In fact, I am trying to allay people's fears and worries. Also, I am certainly not accusing people of "bash[ing]" or "attack[ing]" Jean. Admittedly, I have pointed out when certain users repeatedly share negative takes and opinions and nothing else in her appreciation thread, but that's just my observation. That being said, like you, I believe everyone is entitled to share their thoughts and opinions.
I hear you, and it's not to you per se but rather a general vibe from the recent individual book threads, preview threads, as well as say the X-Men '97 thread and post SDCC stuff. And while it's true this is an appreciation thread, what each individual appreciates and to what degree will vary(and it's unfeasible for every appreciation thread to have a corresponding "dislikes/gripes" thread, so those get lumped in too).

As a quick example take X-Men Red and Tom Taylor's Jean...for some that is as pitch perfect as it gets, and I get it, especially at the time, coming off of Jean's long absence AND the state of the world (political/social discourse) at the time...and for me, it's super close but not quite...like 90% there for me...it's just missing that "roiling just underneath the surface" edge/fire I needed to have an ideally complete Jean Grey, which incidently, DID show up briefly in the XMR Annual.

But yes, those that complain but offer no other positive insights otherwise do the thread no favors

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
I could be wrong but pretty sure that no one expects everything to be 100 percent cheerful. The issue is when the same endlessly complain about everything. Quite clearly nothing is going to make them happy and that is not the fault of other fans or Marvel. And that is what it is. I’m not bothered by it to that degree, but I have seen it stop other people from posting.
Same as above...and yes that is lamentable, especially if this thread and these boards in general are meant to provide some entertainment and escapism from whatever else is going on in one's life...at some point those doing so should be directly addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Rumblings:

“Jean is in [JD 2] a lot.”
Good to hear! I do so appreciate your "ear to the ground" rumblings from your sources