Page 41 of 473 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Just wanted to say welcome back Mercury!
    Thank you, love! I MISSED YOU!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

We can't be just assuming a chick has banged someone just because she made out with him. C'mon now!

They totally SHOULD bang, but we don't have confirmation. Lol

As far as what Jean was doing so close to Logan, why not? Her husband literally made out with someone on her grave. Not to mention his later disparaging thoughts about how Jean was his love as a boy and Emma is what he needs and all kinds of stuff dunking on Jean for years in and out of the comics. Let the woman be free from the fake-amazing romance. It's barely better than Hank/Janet. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-20-2022 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    We can't be just assuming a chick has banged someone just because she made out with him. C'mon now!
    No hello for me, I see...

I did miss you and your contrarianism, Kitty.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Maybe her memories as a cosmic force, her memories of her time displacement, her memories of what transpired shortly before her death during Morrison's run, and the fact that she was resurrected changed her, giving her a new perspective on things, lol. Also, Jean and Logan being "cozy in the hot tub together" doesn't strike me as out of the ordinary. I've been in a few hot tubs with friends--all of us nude and behaving a little risque--and it didn't result in sex.
    Sure I'm not saying it's automatic that we assume sex but there are 'extenuating' circumstances Jean is a telepath ,so she knows when Logan is horny, they have years of history together ,she is for the sake of argument in a committed relationship with Scott(I'm neglecting the polyamory hints) and yet she's the one who says 'If you think I'm too good for X-Force ,you probably think I'm too good for you' She is a telepath , she knows the answer before it is made ,so why word it with 'probably' ? To me she is the one leading him in this scenario .That is not something you say to a friend in a hot tub with your arms around his neck ,a friend you know has the hots for you. It's really simple

BANNED

No hello for me, I see...

I did miss you and your contrarianism, Kitty.
    Lol Welcome back Mercury!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Sure I'm not saying it's automatic that we assume sex but there are 'extenuating' circumstances Jean is a telepath ,so she knows when Logan is horny, they have years of history together ,she is for the sake of argument in a committed relationship with Scott(I'm neglecting the polyamory hints) and yet she's the one who says 'If you think I'm too good for X-Force ,you probably think I'm too good for you' She is a telepath , she knows the answer before it is made ,so why word it with 'probably' ? To me she is the one leading him in this scenario .That is not something you say to a friend in a hot tub with your arms around his neck ,a friend you know has the hots for you. It's really simple
    Jean also knows how to put Logan in his place...

Also, she was having a beer with a very close friend. So, what if she was being suggestive and a little flirty? Scott has done that and more...

My point is this: It's not clear to me that they had sex in that scene. However, even if they did have sex that evening, there is certainly no substantial evidence that they have continued to do so since. In fact, the evidence indicates quite the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol Welcome back Mercury!

Also, I don't know if any of you caught this, but during an interview with Deadline, Jean, in a surprisingly candid fashion, had this to say about her time under Jonathan Hickman, including her decision to revert to her old codename and uniform, her questionable choices, and the ambiguous nature of her friendship with "Wolverine" and marriage to "Cyclops."

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...03196175249408

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Anyone who has ever watched old movies and tv series (or read old comic books like the ones I mentioned before) know there are ways to make it *really* clear that the couple has had sex or is in a sexual relationship. Those techniques do not require steamy interaction or even pieces of clothes coming off. Those techniques have been around for decades and they are still available for *any* writer to use them whenever they want.

Personally, I think Percy intended this to be sexual. But the fact that he/Marvel didn't make it an undeniable episode is indication of intent: they want it to remain debatable so they if they ever decide to define it, they can gaslight us by saying:

"Wait... You read that as sexual? Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! What a dirty, dirty mind you have!"

or

"Wait... You really didn't see it as sexual? What a precious, innocent soul you are!"

So, for me, it makes no sense to argue very passionately about any interpretation. Can't you guys see that's what Marvel wants us to be doing instead of asking for actual better stories?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-20-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Also, I don't know if any of you caught this, but during an interview with Deadline, Jean, in a surprisingly candid fashion, had this to say about her time under Jonathan Hickman, including her decision to revert to her old codename and uniform, her questionable choices, and the ambiguous nature of her friendship with "Wolverine" and marriage to "Cyclops."

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...03196175249408
    Can I ask for context ? What is Deadline? This sounds fun lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Anyone who has ever watched old movies and tv series (or read old comic books like the ones I mentioned before) know there are ways to make it *really* clear that the couple has had sex or is in a sexual relationship. Those techniques do not require steamy interaction or even pieces of clothes coming off. Those techniques have been around for decades and they are still available for *any* writer to use them whenever they want.

Personally, I think Percy intended this to be sexual. But the fact that he/Marvel didn't make it an undeniable episode is indication of intent: they want it to remain debatable so they if they ever decide to define it, they can gaslight us by saying:

"Wait... You read that as sexual? Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! What a dirty, dirty mind you have!"

or

"Wait... You really didn't see it as sexual? What a precious, innocent soul you are!"

So, for me, it makes no sense to argue very passionately about any interpretation. Can't you guys see that's what Marvel wants us to be doing instead of asking for actual better stories?
    This makes total sense. Besides, if Jean and Logan are going to have sex, I want it to be romantic, indisputable, and not graphic but...a bit risque.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Can I ask for context ? What is Deadline? This sounds fun lol
    haha! I made it up. It was inspired by a fantastic interview with Brian Cox, who said, "No, no. Listen, I'm too old, too tired and too talented for any of that ****."

Source: https://deadline.com/2022/01/brian-c...cs-1234913875/

This makes total sense. Besides, if Jean and Logan are going to have sex, I want it to be romantic, indisputable, and not graphic but...a bit risque.
    I just want that whatever happens to whatever character happens because it makes sense for them, for their history and their personality. I want the writer to *show* me how they got there, not tell me, not tease me, not imply. And I want to read it in the actual comics, not have it explained in an effing interview.

I honestly do *not* think that's too much to ask. That's the minimum.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-20-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I just want that whatever happens to whatever character happens because it makes sense for them, for their history and their personality. I want the writer to *show* me how they got there, not tell me, not tease me, not imply. And I want to read it in the actual comics, not have it explained in an effing interview.

I honestly do *not* think that's too much to ask. That's the minimum.
    I agree! However, Jean and Logan pairing up wouldn't need too much explanation, though I know how you feel about this, lol. But yeah, when it comes to certain things, especially a sexual relationship, I like things to be spelled out clearly.

I agree! However, Jean and Logan pairing up wouldn't need too much explanation, though I know how you feel about this, lol. But yeah, when it comes to certain things, especially a sexual relationship, I like things to be spelled out clearly.
    It really depends on where both are in their emotional spaces, right? Sure, there has always been lots of physical attraction between them, but that's just part of the equation. Both characters are also very emotional.

Let's say Logan and Mariko reconnected. After that, Logan and Jean having sex out of blue would be really bad.

Are they really? If you're referring to the scene I think you're referring to, they don't even share a kiss, lol. And you know what they say about assumptions...

Wtf...... The poli scott jean logan is canon lol