Page 79 of 473 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 7090
    BANNED

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Exactly what was missing from Jean, I don't care if this is treated as a negative! But was re-reading HOX 4 recently, putting Jean in that entire getup reduced everything about her without a clear story beat which helped to demonstrate why she felt the way she did!

Context of this?

I can see that, its just so many of the X-men easily could have been mingling with characters in the greater Marvel Universe!

Agreed, Jean should literally be called Phoenix and there's never been a reason she can't have have that name, imagery, and mantle!
    Well, we can’t change the past, but we can look forward to the future. With the mutants joining the MCU, I have no doubt we’ll see much greater X-Men exposure through the MCU even if Krakoa is done. Magik, for example, frequently aids Dr. Strange and teaches at the Strange Academy. Storm has a relationship with Black Panther. Polaris reconnected with her sister the Scarlet Witch.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

[/QUOTE]

omg i love see jean with the new costume, hoping this event is not like inhumans vs x men -_-
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    omg i love see jean with the new costume, hoping this event is not like inhumans vs x men -_-[/QUOTE]

Just realized that the first artists who have depicted the new Dauterman costume, do not know really how to do the design of the spiky shoulders. The redo it in different ways. So noncanonical of them. )

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    omg i love see jean with the new costume, hoping this event is not like inhumans vs x men -_-
    Just realized that the first artists who have depicted the new Dauterman costume, do not know really how to do the design of the spiky shoulders. The redo it in different ways. So noncanonical of them. )[/QUOTE]

Yeah, more 80s shoulder pads (IRL) and less 90's "unnecessary armor" (Comics), as someone else put it. Shoulder pads on the runway made a comeback in the '20s
    "In times of insecurity and instability, shoulder pads are like armor,"
    https://www.townandcountrymag.com/st...runway-trends/
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-05-2022 at 09:04 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Remembering Jean's big return with X-FACTOR. Until then my only experience of her in modern comics was as a memory and a cautionary tale about power corrupting etc, so it was an interesting time to get to know the character as a "living" being. Also WOW 35 CENTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Remembering Jean's big return with X-FACTOR. Until then my only experience of her in modern comics was as a memory and a cautionary tale about power corrupting etc, so it was an interesting time to get to know the character as a "living" being. Also WOW 35 CENTS!

I love these variants! Who’s the artist? Also, her slightly modified costume looks great!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Butch Guice:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Bob Layton's recreation of X-FACTOR #1 using a different set of proposed costume designs that were not used.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Butch Guice:

An: gel
    Angel skill was: white

Art by Pepe Larraz, with colors by Renan Leno:

Also, someone asked Terry Bogard (@BossLogic) to draw Jean and he produced this:

I noted:

The fact that everyone—from diehard fans and brilliant artists (see below) to detractors and the general public—refuses to see Jean and the Phoenix Force as separate is painfully beautiful. ❤️
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_...39541248524290

Another beautiful piece. This one is by Paulina Ganucheau, who released it a couple of days ago. (I know; the eyes should be green, but it's a beautiful, soulful headshot nonetheless.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/PlinaGanu...64491048439808

Also, someone asked Terry Bogard (@BossLogic) to draw Jean and he produced this:

I noted:

Reminds me of an Amazon warrior

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Reminds me of an Amazon warrior
    I love it! Also, the love for her on Twitter has been growing and pulsing...❤️ #Resurgence

I noted:

Stunningly Beautiful Lady!

Reminds me of a Warrior Queen!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Cannot wait to see Pepe Larraz painting her regularly in her new outfit.