Page 62 of 473 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am loving the comments to Russell Dauterman's twitter post about his updated look for Jean. Right now there are 2971 likes on the post and a lot of retweets and quote tweets. There are a lot of happy fans on twitter that are excited to be rid of the MG dress. I really do like the updated look though it is a lot of green. I would like a little more gold/yellow, but that is just a minor criticism. It really is a blend of some of Jean's best looks from her 90s look to Phoenix. It is a regal look and one that is deserving for such a pivotal character.

It is nice to see Jean with a modern costume. I would not mind this to be her permanent look going forward, or at least for it to be one in a rotation of looks that she uses often.
    I also like the "new-ish" look done by Dauterman. I wished he kept the open back (my only nitpick). The shoulders, the headpiece, the colors,...It is all gorgeous. Like you said, it is like a blend of some of her best looks throughout the years. I still think the stomach area of the costume looks a little weird. But I'm super happy with the new look. Bye bye, ugly ass Marvel Girl outfit. U overstayed your welcome for 2 years anyway...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKH7XFxU...pg&name=medium
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-27-2022 at 09:37 PM.

BANNED

Probably dumb, but just once I want to see her whack someone with the gold thingies she was carrying around lol

👀...🔥

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I think the design is good enough and I usually don't like changing an artist's original work unless I have a reason like trying to make someone I like smile.

Anyway, without the train, there's something really bothering me about this chest plate and the horizontal golden bars. It makes sense as a structure to support the super long train and the naked back but once those are gone them seem kinda... I don't know... pointless?

So I decided to transform the bars into a belt and see how that would look like. I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's bothering me less.

Just playing with it...
    FKH7XFxUcAA0UGW-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Just playing with it...
    FKH7XFxUcAA0UGW-1.jpg
    Yes, I love these looks! The golden accents are perfect, especially on the headpiece.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Spectacular Member

Just playing with it...
    FKH7XFxUcAA0UGW-1.jpg
    ok you win, I love it

Just playing with it...
    FKH7XFxUcAA0UGW-1.jpg
    really don't like the new added belt. Everything is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    really don't like the new added belt. Everything is great!
    Really? I think the belt is so perfectly elegant!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Maybe a more defined belt...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117849
    Attached Images Attached Images

The red and gold version slays. Just saying.

Maybe a more defined belt...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117849
    New belt is not bad, but I love the original belt and with the green better.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I think the design is good enough and I usually don't like changing an artist's original work unless I have a reason like trying to make someone I like smile.

Anyway, without the train, there's something really bothering me about this chest plate and the horizontal golden bars. It makes sense as a structure to support the super long train and the naked back but once those are gone them seem kinda... I don't know... pointless?

So I decided to transform the bars into a belt and see how that would look like. I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's bothering me less.

100% better. The gold belt breaks up all the green and looks more pleasing to the add than the weird straight across nub. I think russell was paying homage to the xmen red costume but that is the worst part of the current costume

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    100% better. The gold belt breaks up all the green and looks more pleasing to the add than the weird straight across nub. I think russell was paying homage to the xmen red costume but that is the worst part of the current costume
    Thanks. I think it's missing some more evident X element. But when I tried colouring the one on her chest, I thought it took from one of the design's strengths which, in my opinion, it's how clean it is. I tried extending a bit the belt to form an X on her belly, but I didn't really like it because it didn't seem to match the rest of the lines so I didn't even bother trying to render the metal there.

EDITED: Also, about RD's design, I think it makes sense for the Gala's outift since you'd need a more structured element to hold the weight (and drag) of the train. Once that was gone, it started to annoy me. The same for waist line on the front part of the body.

But like I said, it was just my mind being crazy and trying to figure out what was bothering me. It's nothing major. I do like the new costume as it is.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Just playing with it...
    FKH7XFxUcAA0UGW-1.jpg
    The soft shoulders, black sleeved variant reminds of Teen Jean's "Jamaican Flag" costume. :-)

All things considered, as much as I enjoyed the gala looks, and its a huge compliment to Dauterman etc that some are being re-purposed for continued use, I kind of wish they had remained as special event attire and that new looks could have been created for the everyday costumes. It iskind of like wearing your prom outfit on a daily basis. Not everyone can be Marla Singer...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.