Page 35 of 473 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We are definitely on the same page with that. lol. I would have been like "are you for real? your joking right now right? you just said she said she loves you." like i would have been whole a$$ insulted on behalf og my friend, now my sister, naw hold all the way the f$*I$ up. lol. I do love the bond that claremont created with Storm/Jean it in my opinion is the definition of one choosing their family and he just kept building on it an paralleling them. I know she on X-men but man i wish so bad Jean would join storm on X-men Red. Like i know i know, it's a fanboy dream but damn if i don't want more of them in this era, i so miss it and at the same time though there is a lot there just doesn't feel like enough. Could you imagine Jean surprising everyone by taking a seat on the great ring of Arrako? lol. omg it would have to be Tarn seat, it just would have to be. You know i definitely wouldnt be mad at a x-show showing a young xavier taking in Jean and Storm and raising them. I think in canon they are the two he has in a way been there from since practically out of being toddlers if not consistently directly it definitely makes a strong showing for a single mutant telepath dad raising and hiding two uber powerful beings in the MCU and keeping them telepathically hidden. lol I kind of want to ramble on for like 10 more minutes because now i'm in my idea feels but i wont. lol

Though i will add
    Attachment 117473
    Attachment 117473
    Attachment 117474
    First thing to consider here: Jean is a telepath. That means she doesn’t have the liberty of saying stuff like you and I would have exactly because her word carries “authority”. When Jean says: “don’t be silly, of course she loves you”, it means much more than if we’d have said the same thing.

Forge knew that. Again: he framed the question by pointing it out.

So, no, there’s nothing Jean could have answered that wouldn’t be a betrayal of Ororo.

That being said, I’d have been really angry, for me and for Ororo. For me, because, how dare Forge put me in that position? And for Ororo because why was he going behind her back instead of talking to her?

Again: the way Forge framed the question wasn’t of a friend who needed advice or reassurance. And that’s what makes it so insulting and what would have made me so pissed and protective of my dear friend.

But Jean is better than me. She probably understood that dating a superb woman like Ororo cannot be easy for any man who isn’t named T’challa (and even for him, it’s not like it’s a breeze either). She probably saw that Forge was insecure and he was trying to solve the problem by removing his doubt. She probably even felt sorry for him for misplacing his feelings and his reasoning so badly.

My empathy would only come after that conversation and it would still be tainted by a lot of judgement. But Jean’s is her second nature. She truly sees the best in people even when they’re behaving in a really sh***ty way. When I took that into consideration, I was finally okay with the way she replied: she didn’t betray her friend and she didn’t berate her friend's lover either.

That being said, yes: I do miss Jeannie and ‘Ro being friends on panel. I’d be over the moon if instead of Scott showing Lorna the Treehouse, Jean was showing it to ‘Ro and the scene ended with Ororo wishing her good luck and thanking her for restarting the team again. Bonus points if there was a hug! :)

And I said it here before, but I’d love to see Jean showing up on Mars to talk to Ororo and check if she was doing okay, knowing Ororo is strong enough to pull her new role off, but still offering to ease the burden by listening to her or talking about something else, you know?

As for your ideas about Jean and Ororo, please, share them. Ororo has a special and really big place in my heart too and I’ll love to read them. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-16-2022 at 04:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We are definitely on the same page with that. lol. I would have been like "are you for real? your joking right now right? you just said she said she loves you." like i would have been whole a$$ insulted on behalf og my friend, now my sister, naw hold all the way the f$*I$ up. lol. I do love the bond that claremont created with Storm/Jean it in my opinion is the definition of one choosing their family and he just kept building on it an paralleling them. I know she on X-men but man i wish so bad Jean would join storm on X-men Red. Like i know i know, it's a fanboy dream but damn if i don't want more of them in this era, i so miss it and at the same time though there is a lot there just doesn't feel like enough. Could you imagine Jean surprising everyone by taking a seat on the great ring of Arrako? lol. omg it would have to be Tarn seat, it just would have to be. You know i definitely wouldnt be mad at a x-show showing a young xavier taking in Jean and Storm and raising them. I think in canon they are the two he has in a way been there from since practically out of being toddlers if not consistently directly it definitely makes a strong showing for a single mutant telepath dad raising and hiding two uber powerful beings in the MCU and keeping them telepathically hidden. lol I kind of want to ramble on for like 10 more minutes because now i'm in my idea feels but i wont. lol

Though i will add
    Attachment 117473
    Attachment 117473
    Attachment 117474
    Jeen was definitely the type of person to take a seat on the great ring of Arrako. She was a fighter. I would love to see Jean take a seat.

But why would she do so?

Just because someone can do something doesn’t mean they should? I’m not criticizing your idea, I think it would be Inter to know the why she would take a seat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    According to the New Avengers apparently there are a few characters including Thor and the Scarlet Witch that can destroy the Phoenix Force....odd considering the PF is immortal and without it neither of those 2 would have life but according to Jason Aaron apparently that is the case.....if the PF isn't taken from him soon he might damage it beyond repair.
    The Phoenix force is already damaged beyond repair. Honestly, it was some years ago, which is why Bendis gave Jean the pink psionic powers. It made Jean Phoenix level powerful without having to worry about repeats of Dark Phoenix that some writers became obsessed with.

BANNED

There’s another problem the Phoenix has. Mutants terraformed a planet. Omegas are already at that power level. So they don’t need the Phoenix. Jean beat Nightmare without the Phoenix. She’s beaten Galactus with her psychic absorption powers.

Jean has resurrected herself without the force.

So neither Jean nor the X-Men need the force.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There’s another problem the Phoenix has. Mutants terraformed a planet. Omegas are already at that power level. So they don’t need the Phoenix. Jean beat Nightmare without the Phoenix. She’s beaten Galactus with her psychic absorption powers.

Jean has resurrected herself without the force.

So neither Jean nor the X-Men need the force.
    I wonder if Jean could beat Galactus without the pink power? Like use her TP and her TK against him.

Jean beat Nightmare and King in Black without the pink power, so Jean is mighty powerful just as she is today.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wonder if Jean could beat Galactus without the pink power? Like use her TP and her TK against him.

Jean beat Nightmare and King in Black without the pink power, so Jean is mighty powerful just as she is today.
    She cannot beat him without the pink power. She used the pink power to absorb psychic energies from everyone from that planet, Terrax, Galactus, and Phoenix Jean.

Nightmare is not as powerful as Galactus. That said, I still loved her kicking his butt.

She cannot beat him without the pink power. She used the pink power to absorb psychic energies from everyone from that planet, Terrax, Galactus, and Phoenix Jean.

Nightmare is not as powerful as Galactus. That said, I still loved her kicking his butt.
    I saw panels where Jean fought off multiple Siver Surfers. Was that with her pink power?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I saw panels where Jean fought off multiple Siver Surfers. Was that with her pink power?
    Yes. Her pink power.

Fantastic Member

I would not say Nightmare is not as powerful as Galactus. Based on what I read so far, he is capable of more. So Jean being able to just kick his butt is a REALLY big deal.

https://www.cbr.com/nightmare-doctor...us-celestials/
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-doctor...us-celestials/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow-Mc23-Vhk

With that said, there's no way of telling if Jean as she stands right now, can deal with Galactus. Her dealing with Knull (who bested a Celestial) and Nightmare was a shock. Maybe she does not need the pink form? Maybe the pink form is just Teen Jean's way of manifesting her powers, like style....and current Jean is way of showing her powers now has evolved? Maybe her siphoning skills has blended with her tk/tp skills that it no longer needs to literally siphon. She probably just automatically siphons when she needs a boost without even thinking about it. Like when she started levitating/floating/flying, she has to concentrate on what she's doing. Now her levitation skills is just like walking to her. My thoughts.
    Last edited by mike7171; 01-16-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I would not say Nightmare is not as powerful as Galactus. Based on what I read so far, he is capable of more. So Jean being able to just kick his butt is a REALLY big deal.

With that said, there's no way of telling if Jean as she stands right now, can deal with Galactus. Her dealing with Knull (who bested a Celestial) and Nightmare was a shock. Maybe she does not need the pink form? Maybe the pink form is just Teen Jean's way of manifesting her powers, like style....and current Jean is way of showing her powers now has evolved? Maybe her siphoning skills has blended with her tk/tp skills that it's no longer need to literally siphon. Like driving, when you're new you are so focused with everything around you, but as you get used to it, it just comes out naturally. Sometimes when driving home, I felt like my brain was blank the whole trip, next thing I know, I am parking at the garage. My thoughts.
    "Of course, none of this would have been possible if Nightmare hadn't captured Doctor Strange. Nightmare used Strange's magic to cast a worldwide spell, which forced the people of Earth into an eternal slumber. During this period of sleep, Nightmare amassed greater power through the planet's dreams."

Nightmare in the dream dimension is what those feats show.Nightmare is significantly weaker outside said dimension

With that said, there's no way of telling if Jean as she stands right now, can deal with Galactus. Her dealing with Knull (who bested a Celestial) and Nightmare was a shock. Maybe she does not need the pink form? Maybe the pink form is just Teen Jean's way of manifesting her powers, like style....and current Jean is way of showing her powers now has evolved? Maybe her siphoning skills has blended with her tk/tp skills that it no longer needs to literally siphon. She probably just automatically siphons when she needs a boost without even thinking about it. Like when she started levitating/floating/flying, she has to concentrate on what she's doing. Now her levitation skills is just like walking to her. My thoughts.
    Yes, this is what I was thinking as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    "Of course, none of this would have been possible if Nightmare hadn't captured Doctor Strange. Nightmare used Strange's magic to cast a worldwide spell, which forced the people of Earth into an eternal slumber. During this period of sleep, Nightmare amassed greater power through the planet's dreams."

Nightmare in the dream dimension is what those feats show.Nightmare is significantly weaker outside said dimension
    Good points on that context.

BANNED

We haven’t seen them use the current Jean enough to say. But yes, defeating Nightmare at any rate is a huge feat. We just need consistency on that.

The Phoenix force is already damaged beyond repair. Honestly, it was some years ago, which is why Bendis gave Jean the pink psionic powers. It made Jean Phoenix level powerful without having to worry about repeats of Dark Phoenix that some writers became obsessed with.
    This is true but this Jason Aaron stuff imo is even worse......everything he has done with Phoenix has been bad to very bad....I hope its retconned out of existence...
    On another Note I would Like for the PF to go back to just being A Force not good or evil just serving its purpose.....the only reason it got corrupted originally was due to Human Emotion and Sensations...but marvel keeps leaning into the dark phoenix stuff to lesser returns each time....its almost become like galactus simply a come up for a writers favorite character perhaps that is a sign you have arrived.
    Last edited by cam18; 01-16-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

fahsifhalfhlafhalfk I'm just saying, I would not hate it if Jean's pink power became the new Rumbles equivalent of "does Batman have prep time for this match?"

Its like Jean vs so and so? Okay, well depends. Does Jean have her pink power in this match up? LOL.