Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
Marvel's job is to set the expectations. And boy, do they set them: I just react. Clowning on them for being literally afraid of a powerful. modern Jean, likely for shipping reasons, is the next best thing to actually getting to read about a modern Jean. So when the main thrust of Jean as a character, from Marvel, is about limiting her powers and exposure to complex stories, when they mention the character of course my general expectation is "oh, how will they further depower her?". That's the precedent that has been set and emphasized. Anytime someone wants to know what to expect next, they look at past behavior.
Jean's history consists of ebbs and flows, up and downs, as do most characters' histories, although hers include more than a few deaths, too, and tend to be sharper, steeper, and more dramatic. Frankly, that's probably one of the reasons we love her so much, whether we are conscious of it or not, and certainly one facet of her character that has made her so iconic. She's made several splashes. In any event, it's clear now that she's on a gradual upswing, and that's what I choose to focus on. Of course, if you're still angry about the fact that she isn't Phoenix, I don't know what else to tell you. She hasn't been Phoenix in going on half a decade. You either adapt or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
On another note, you gotta admit that it's at least a little bit humorous that I made a post about wagering on how much of Jean's focus issue for AXE will belong to Emma and Cyclops and the 2nd bit we see of it is, of course, Emma. Cmon, that's at least a little bit funny.
In hindsight, it is funny but probably means nothing. After all, she's depicted in the Quiet Council's meeting room, so I'm sure she won't be the only council member or character, for that matter, that appears in the book. But honestly, when I first read your "joke," I was like, "Shit, watch Kitty manifest this." lol. I believe in the law of attraction, i.e., positive thoughts produce positive results, and negative thoughts produce negative results. In any event, I don't think we have much to worry about. Hopefully, she's relegated to a panel or two. And if not, Gillen better touch on the role she played in facilitating Wyngard's abuse of Jean.