Page 360 of 473 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 7090
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    And this is the kind of behavior super-demure main-hero's-girlfriend depictions of Jean attracts. Yuck.

Jean Grey after Claremont’s arrival was meant to be ostensibly powerful and posts like those are exactly why.
    Claremont has not been relevant in decades. So the true issue is you don’t like gender conforming women.

Take the current Storm. When w female characters gets the exact same storylines as a man with no difference in characterization, that’s not progress. It’s a male character in drag. Say the current Storm.

Take Storm. Why did she want to be Regent of the solar system? What does she hope to achieve? And I hope they don’t think it’s progress to make a female character a desexualized drag queen.

If a character is going to be female she should at least some act like a real woman evict some fans here seem to hate.

The Red Dragon

And this is the kind of behavior super-demure main-hero's-girlfriend depictions of Jean attracts. Yuck.

Jean Grey after Claremont’s arrival was meant to be ostensibly powerful and posts like those are exactly why.
    What sort of behavior are you talking about?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Claremont has not been relevant in decades. So the true issue is you don’t like gender conforming women.

Take the current Storm. When w female characters gets the exact same storylines as a man with no difference in characterization, that’s not progress. It’s a male character in drag. Say the current Storm.

Take Storm. Why did she want to be Regent of the solar system? What does she hope to achieve? And I hope they don’t think it’s progress to make a female character a desexualized drag queen.

If a character is going to be female she should at least some act like a real woman evict some fans here seem to hate.
    I dont think I don’t agree with this take at all. Jean written as feminine doesn’t account for her lack of agency or viewpoints on subjects that matter or are important to her like the Moira situation, the shadiness of the council etc. Nor should it prevent her from pushing and being creative with her powers.

Not going to even touch your Storm example…at least Storm has some sort of say in matters, is allowed to be creative with her powers and not be a pushover.
    Last edited by Tank; 07-28-2022 at 01:10 PM.

I'm sorry Wallstreeter but this whole take is very sexist. Like SUPER sexist.

Real women have different type of personalities and life choices and we are not a monolith. The problem is MEN think we are and if we don't fit THEIR boxes we are shamed and scrutinized. Which is basically all the time, "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Sames go to fictional women like Storm or Jean, they have different personalities just as real women do. But apparently to you there's only one type of female character, which mean for you there's only one type of personality women should have. That is what I call NOT progress (meanwhile I ask you if you do the same type of bizarre scrutinizing of male characters? do you call Xavier a "female in drag" bc he does not fight with his fists or whatever other bs? I dont think so).

Now Storm wanting to be a leader/politician is "being a male" ????? I HAVE NO WORDS. Thats so misogynistic. I guess all the ladies that achieved political carreers or lead their peoples in revolutions despite the sexism in the world stopped being woman or whatever. I want to scream.

And Tank is right, Jean does have a temper. Is part of her personality since like forever. Thinking that she should be absolutely perfect and angerless to be seen a a real female character??... wtf? so now we girls are not people who get angry or have a temper? Are you serious?

Im sorry but I think we women have a lot to be angry for.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 07-28-2022 at 01:31 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

OMFG!!! What the hell was that post talking about Storm? I...have...no...words.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    OMFG!!! What the hell was that post talking about Storm? I...have...no...words.
    i want to choose violence today fr

I will never understand why some of you seem determined to make appreciating comic books and this specific character such an arduous task, reducing what should be fruitful and engaging discussions by resorting to insulting and deriding both while lobbing sociopolitical attacks at her, other characters, creators, and each other.

I want to be able to come in here to discuss and appreciate my favorite character without having to deal with this incessant negativity! Honestly, it just goes on and on and on ad nauseam, but I've already noted this before.

::::sigh::::

This is ridiculous. I'm out for a day or two.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

What’s a real woman supposed to act like?
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-28-2022 at 02:27 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    What sort of behavior are you talking about?
    Those weird posts about how women don't show that they are powerful or whatever.

It may not be every day, but when Jean flashes power, it's like a big showy flash.

It’s so interesting how busy the Jean and Storm forums are and Logan has so much less. But he have his own title..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    It’s so interesting how busy the Jean and Storm forums are and Logan has so much less. But he have his own title..
    If they used Storm and Jean every month like Logan, we would have more stories to read and alot less time for jabber lol. Plus, Wolverine people seemingly don't get online for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Wolverine has Ryan Reynolds.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

If they used Storm and Jean every month like Logan, we would have more stories to read and alot less time for jabber lol. Plus, Wolverine people seemingly don't get online for some reason.
    I think if they used them even more there would be even more to discuss. Not less.

People who care about female characters (at least certain ones) just talk more about them for some reason. The Wanda thread is like the busiest one in the Marvel section and she barely even appears anywhere.

BANNED

Jean has been creative with get her powers. But some want he’d to have no husband, no relationship with her children, no feminine characteristics. In other words, a man who looks like a woman.

I don’t have to tell people here how women act in real life. They already know.

You’d have a very different world if many women went proving they could always win a fight like Storm just to be a leader with no reason. It is alpha make behavior. That’s very mannish.

Jean can win fights but she doesn’t have to prove anything. She’s not just feminine but someone people would look up to in real life.