Page 244 of 473 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The Avengers are more like the mediators between mutants and Celestials. Who knows, though…
    The Avengers have their issues with the eternals due to the fact that their base is a dead celestial
    The eternals infiltrated their base multiple times and Ejak talked about the idea that she should have killed the Avengers (both the current avengers and the bc avengers)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Why are there two different answers? Different comics? Or at they both true? They both do use Phoenix as the explanation.
    And yet, as I've noted many times before, she was categorized as having "infinite mental powers" nearly a decade before either Phoenix or Claremont were anywhere near her. The limitlessness of her powers has been both alluded to and clearly stated since nearly the beginning of her history.

As for Destiny classifying her as a "nexus of probabilities," it isn't the only time she's been referred to as a nexus. She was also referred to as a nexus by the Time-Keepers:

Nevertheless, it has been established multiple times that Jean, without the aid of the Phoenix Force, can transcend the death and destruction of her own body and either transfer her psyche to another body or simply continue living as an entity of pure thought.

EDIT: Based on what I've heard, I suspect Marvel and its editors and writers are going to begin leaning into Jean's power in Destiny of X and beyond. We may or may not—I'm tempering my expectations—see the beginning of this during Judgment Day.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I mean, it is the Avengers. They're always fighting other heroes.
    This is true, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlioncomics View Post
    The Avengers have their issues with the eternals due to the fact that their base is a dead celestial
    The eternals infiltrated their base multiple times and Ejak talked about the idea that she should have killed the Avengers (both the current avengers and the bc avengers)
    Good point!
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-21-2022 at 01:45 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

1BEBF27A-00ED-4A95-9A47-92A0120202E6.jpgI mean, it is the Avengers. They're always fighting other heroes. [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Warlioncomics; 05-21-2022 at 03:49 AM.

X-men: *exists*

Everyone in the Marvel Universe:

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

And yet, as I've noted many times before, she was categorized as having "infinite mental powers" nearly a decade before either Phoenix or Claremont were anywhere near her. The limitlessness of her powers has been both alluded to and clearly stated since nearly the beginning of her history.

As for Destiny classifying her as a "nexus of probabilities," it isn't the only time she's been referred to as a nexus. She was also referred to as a nexus by the Time-Keepers:

Nevertheless, it has been established multiple times that Jean, without the aid of the Phoenix Force, can transcend the death and destruction of her own body and either transfer her psyche to another body or simply continue living as an entity of pure thought.

EDIT: Based on what I've heard, I suspect Marvel and its editors and writers are going to begin leaning into Jean's power in Destiny of X and beyond. We may or may not—I'm tempering my expectations—see the beginning of this during Judgment Day.

This is true, lol.

Good point!
    I have always felt that Jean's TP is different and beyond what other TPs can do and the same for her TK.

One reason is because of her Uber-Ultra-High Level of Power and the other is because "You are special Jean!" (Case in point, transferring her consciousness, being a Nexus Being/Nexus of Probabilities, Infinite Mental Powers)

Yes, I believe the Avengers, X-Men and the Eternals are all gonna mix it up.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I also like how we can't go a single event that has phoenix in it without Jean in the Dark Phoenix costume. XD

(Can't blame anyone though, that costume still ages well )

[IMG]
    I wouldn’t count on that.
    [/IMG]
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Nice, I haven't seen this....Mercury, do you have the source for this Time Keepers panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Nice, I haven't seen this....Mercury, do you have the source for this Time Keepers panel?
    This was on Earth 9250 in What If…? #37 (1992).
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

This was on Earth 9250 in What If…? #37 (1992).
    Excellent, thanks for that

Looking at all of the judgment days covers with Jean on the front and center makes me happy! But I hope she’s front and center in this event. I don’t want to be catfished into purchasing the book with no Jean Grey.

I just hope Jean isn't limited to covers

FS6XCgGX0AEpbZX.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Looking at all of the judgment days covers with Jean on the front and center makes me happy! But I hope she’s front and center in this event. I don’t want to be catfished into purchasing the book with no Jean Grey.
    Lately they’ve been giving her a lot to do, as in XMen 11 and XMen 35. Pretty sure she will have a lot to do in XMen 35.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Lately they’ve been giving her a lot to do, as in XMen 11 and XMen 35. Pretty sure she will have a lot to do in XMen 35.
    Yes I’ve been happy the way she’s been displayed in terms of her own power. I just want more. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Yes I’ve been happy the way she’s been displayed in terms of her own power. I just want more. Lol
    Here, here!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

My two queens are highlighted in this. Love it.

The X-Men's Storm and Jean Grey really are gods among their fellow mutants, the most powerful of the most powerful.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_...47032434679808

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-je...explained/amp/