Page 56 of 473 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

From X-Men #7...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    From X-Men #7...

Please... I would love to see Pepe's hands

main-qimg-4cd1ad9562f2f9253691cf2edbaa934a-lq.jpg

It'll be interesting to see where this newly-revealed conflict leads.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

X Deaths of Wolverine #1:

X Deaths of Wolverine #1:

Really like how the artist draws the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Really like how the artist draws the mask.
    Hey, you! Where have you been?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Please... I would love to see Pepe's hands

main-qimg-4cd1ad9562f2f9253691cf2edbaa934a-lq.jpg
    As an omega telepath Jean doesn't need the phoenix to do this or worse to Emma. Emma is on thin ice here, only plot armour will save her.

Jean could easily take down Emma. However, I don’t think that would be her immediate response unless Emma posed an imminent threat to her and others. And honestly, I would rather see their relationship grow beyond the adversarial dynamic into which they are often thrust and evolve into an actual friendship, which could be an exciting direction to take them, considering their long history, and a continuation of where they seemed to be headed in All-New X-Men. Duggan certainly appears to be heading in that direction in Devil’s Reign: X-Men.

Incidentally, I'm interested to know if Devil's Reign: X-Men takes place before or after X-Men #7. If it takes place after today's issue, I think it's safe to assume nothing comes of this “war” unless, of course, Scott and Jean are playing it close to the chest. Also, Scott’s regard for Emma in this issue implies that his romantic feelings towards her have not been rekindled. In either case, it'll be interesting to see how all of this plays out in the upcoming months.

On a side note, the following is probably my favorite interaction between Jean and Emma. It would be great if Duggan touched upon this at some point. It also shows just how altruistic and powerful Emma knows Jean to be, as she admits, “Jean, you're not the darkness. It isn't in you. It just is not there. If it was, I would put you [as a teenage novice] down like a dog just to give the rest of us a fighting chance.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I don't want them to be friends. I just want them to be professional around each other. And that includes *no* snarky remarks.

I wish I could repeat it like a mantra to every writer (not just comic book ones): adult women do *not* talk like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don't want them to be friends. I just want them to be professional around each other. And that includes *no* snarky remarks.

I wish I could repeat it like a mantra to every writer (not just comic book ones): adult women do *not* talk like that!
    Do you think it impossible or unrealistic for Jean and Emma's relationship to evolve into an actual friendship?

Do you think it impossible or unrealistic for Jean and Emma's relationship to evolve into an actual friendship?
    Yes.

10 char

Yes.

10 char
    Though I know you're probably reticent to share why you feel this way, it's not going to stop me from asking: Why?

Though I know you're probably reticent to share why you feel this way, it's not going to stop me from asking: Why?
    Sure, you can ask. :P

Sure, you can ask. :P
    😂 Well, come on! Spill it! Why do you believe it is impossible or unrealistic for Jean and Emma to develop a friendship? Let’s have a discussion.

�� Well, come on! Spill it! Why do you believe it is impossible or unrealistic for Jean and Emma to develop a friendship? Let’s have a discussion.
    Just tell me one thing: what is your definition of a friend?

Depending on your answer, you might answer your own question.