Page 461 of 473 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 7090

I am happy with all of the great Jean showings with the Eternals saga that just ended.

Hopefully, we will continue to get great Jean showings!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    As for Morrison, I just wished he hadn't killed her off. Such a disgusting cop-out to this day...
    I intuit and have read rumors that reveal that Morrison planned to focus on Jean as White Phoenix and eventually bring her back, but their disputes with Marvel and the X-Office, in general, prevented their plans from coming to fruition. Alas, we'll never know unless, of course, Morrison finally writes about it on their Substack.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman is long gone and irrelevant to Jean today. No reason to still be upset especially when she is flourishing as arguably the lead X-woman in the MU

These two are, always have been, and always will be the lead X-Women:

Last edited by Mercury; 12-09-2022 at 09:21 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I also consider Polaris Lorna Dane as a lead X-Woman, depite all of her awful and minimal treatment in the last few decades.

But Lorna was there from the 1960's, was the Second X-Woman and so she deserves Honorable Mention.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I also consider Polaris Lorna Dane as a lead X-Woman, depite all of her awful and minimal treatment in the last few decades.

But Lorna was there from the 1960's, was the Second X-Woman and so she deserves Honorable Mention.
    This is true! Really, the core X-Women are—in order of first appearance—Jean, Lorna, Ororo, and Rogue.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This is true! Really, the core X-Women are—in order of first appearance—Jean, Lorna, Ororo, and Rogue.
    Yes!

I would love a book with these "Sirens of Sisterhood" working together covertly solving local crimes, mysteries and problems, lol!

Yes!

I would love a book with these "Sirens of Sisterhood" working together covertly solving local crimes, mysteries and problems, lol!
    That would be cool! You little sire of adorability! 🥹

That would be cool! You little sire of adorability! ��
    LOL! Thank you my friend, master of memes! (I LOVE that one with miranda p!)

I've missed you on these pages so much! Come around more often! I've missed all of those great scans of Jean's powers you post too!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Welcome! If you're looking to learn more about Jean, feel free to peruse my Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey
    Thank you! Say...if you had to pick, which of alternate reality version of Jean Grey/Phoenix would you say is your favorite? I liked the "Phoenix Angel" Jean from Paradise X.

Front Profile:
    Jeanix.jpg

Side Profile (w/added Mar-Vell Universe):
    Jeanix and UniMarv.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-09-2022 at 09:52 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Thank you! Say...if you had to pick, which of alternate reality version of Jean Grey would you say is your favorite? I liked the "Phoenix Angel" Jean from Paradise X.

Front Profile:
    Jeanix.jpg

Side Profile:
    Jeanix and UniMarv.jpg
    Huh! I never saw that Jean Angel Phoenix before, but it l like it!

Huh! I never saw that Jean Angel Phoenix before, but it l like it!
    Yeah, it was pretty cool. Jean/Phoenix had been chosen by Mar-Vell/Captain Universe to become a member of The Avenging Host along with Black Bolt, Iron Man, Doctor Doom, Giant Man, Captain America and Matt Murdock. For some reason I have this weird feeling that The Enigma Force (which was turning into New Eternity at this point) was trying to keep The Phoenix Force close to it at all times. There's just this weird vibe that seems to permeate the whole Mar-Vell/Captain Universe - Jean Grey/Phoenix "work" relationship in the third act, maybe Earth X's Enigma Force had a crush on The Phoenix Force (I am going to make Captain Universe/Phoenix a thing, it sounds like a fun idea for a story) and was all "I'll become the NEW Eternity and then surely...she will acknowledge me!"

Full View.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-09-2022 at 10:07 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty cool. Jean/Phoenix had been chosen by Mar-Vell/Captain Universe to become a member of The Avenging Host along with Black Bolt, Iron Man, Doctor Doom, Giant Man, Captain America and Matt Murdock. For some reason I have this weird feeling that The Enigma Force (which was turning into New Eternity at this point) was trying to keep The Phoenix Force close to it at all times. There's just this weird vibe that seems to permeate the whole Mar-Vell/Captain Universe - Jean Grey/Phoenix "work" relationship in the third act, maybe Earth X's Enigma Force had a crush on The Phoenix Force and was all "I'll become the NEW Eternity and then surely...she will acknowledge me!"

Full View.jpg
    Well surely, any team with both the Enigma Force and the Phoenix Force is one to beware! Imagine all of the great things they could do to help the multiverse!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I mean Hickman's damsel-in-distress isn't good now just become some time has passed. Still very destructive and a great reminder that, for the most part, Cyke fanboys should not write Jean Grey.

As for Morrison, I just wished he hadn't killed her off. Such a disgusting cop-out to this day, but I like his version of the character. She had great human moments of being less-than-stellar, but also some moments to be presented as powerful and capable. Morrison just couldn't or wouldn't (he kinda started/inspired the Cyke fanboyism from writers) quite stick the landing. Massive opportunity loss not seeing Jean develop in the aftermath of Scemma. Now the writers just pretend that run didn't happen.
    Morrison had to kill Jean to bring her back. It was a genius way to retcon the entire Dark Phoenix Saga and show the readers that it was always Jean all along. They have remade the idea of the cocoon into the Phoenix egg and also showed us what a White Phoenix of the Crown could have done! Jean became a goddess transcending her humanity. That was her storyline in Morrison's run. So, he did not "kill her off", they let her transcend and become a true godlike cosmic being capable to change universes.

I intuit and have read rumors that reveal that Morrison planned to focus on Jean as White Phoenix and eventually bring her back, but their disputes with Marvel and the X-Office, in general, prevented their plans from coming to fruition. Alas, we'll never know unless, of course, Morrison finally writes about it on their Substack.

These two are, always have been, and always will be the lead X-Women:

hell yes! The sisterhood of godlike awesomeness!

Well surely, any team with both the Enigma Force and the Phoenix Force is one to beware! Imagine all of the great things they could do to help the multiverse!
    I know, right?! I have always wanted to see a Captain Universe/Phoenix book where they decide to ditch their hosts and create bodies for themselves so they can go on adventures in space fighting really big cosmic threats (The Other, Scrier, Oblivion, etc.) while trying to learn/experience what it is to be human at the same time without the need for intermediaries. I don't think they have ever really done a book like that, at least...I don't know if they have in regards to other characters but I think it would be fun given the fact that they are such similar beings.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-09-2022 at 10:15 AM.

Yes!

Bayville Sirens reference ?