Page 241 of 473 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 7090

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

So, mysterium, formed by condensing Kirbons and harvested from the White Hot Room, is antimagic.

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I appreciate the fact that this highlights that Jean's good side made the difference in Xavier being able to temporarily subdue Dark Phoenix...so mamy recaps, including those officially in-story, fail to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    They were really going to give Wanda a Phoenix aura.
    Follow-up to this post. Check out this video. If this is true then Marvel Studios is being blatantly derivative.

TLDW: Apparently Professor X was suppose to have lobotomized 838 Wanda after hearing about the Scarlet Witch prophecy and learning how dangerous she was. Doesn't that sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    TLDW: Apparently Professor X was suppose to have lobotomized 838 Wanda after hearing about the Scarlet Witch prophecy and learning how dangerous she was. Doesn't that sound familiar?
    at least this would have been given 616 Wanda a little bit of motivation to act the way she has acted when she met the Illuminati...it would also have copied Dark Phoenix and X-Men: The Last Stand way too much...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    at least this would have been given 616 Wanda a little bit of motivation to act the way she has acted when she met the Illuminati...it would also have copied Dark Phoenix and X-Men: The Last Stand way too much...
    Yeah, it wasn't even lobotomy in traditional sense. He literally suppressed her powers, just like Xavier did to Jean in Last Stand. Not to mention, Wanda also kills him like Jean in Last Stand.

That reminds me of this theory by Screen Crush about Wanda being a variant of Jean. They weren't far off.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-17-2022 at 11:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    @Mercury: I used to worry so much about you. I'd think: "oh, no... he's so optimistic. Marvel will crush this boy's heart. Should I try to help him manage those expectations a little?"

But now I don't. Pattern of behaviour and all that, I've realised that, as long as Marvel isn't destroying the character, you'll find something to love about Jean's appearances. And that's a good thing.
    Managing expectations is the key GS, absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I appreciate the fact that this highlights that Jean's good side made the difference in Xavier being able to temporarily subdue Dark Phoenix...so mamy recaps, including those officially in-story, fail to do so.
    These summaries are pretty good, methinks.

From Wolverine: Patch #2 (2022), which dropped today...

When does Wolverine: Patch take place?

this astral plane outfit is...something.