Page 454 of 473 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 7090
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

This is something I thought I would share that I found neat, I don't know if the rest of you will think so but here it is. It's an art card made for a Marvel Masterpieces set (or something similar) that depicts Jean Grey as having both the powers of The Phoenix and Captain Universe. So...Captain Phoenixverse? Marvel Phoenixverse? Or what about The Grey Force! Because the Enigma Force and Phoenix Force are forces and Jean's last name is Grey? Oooo...Jean Force! Enigma Phoenix! Phoenix Enigma! Captain Grey! I am having way too much fun with this.

Phoenix Universe.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-25-2022 at 01:15 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah. Thank you so much, sweet dear! :)

Thanksgiving is a nice Holiday to spend with loved ones, making delicious food and enjoying the time together.
    My kind of celebration. I hope you had a wonderful one. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    This is something I thought I would share that I found neat, I don't know if the rest of you will think so but here it is. It's an art card made for a Marvel Masterpieces set (or something similar) that depicts Jean Grey as having both the powers of The Phoenix and Captain Universe. So...Captain Phoenixverse? Marvel Phoenixverse? Or what about The Grey Force! Because the Enigma Force and Phoenix Force are forces and Jean's last name is Grey? Oooo...Jean Force! Enigma Phoenix! Phoenix Enigma! Captain Grey! I am having way too much fun with this.

Phoenix Universe.jpg
    And I'm having too much fun seeing that wondrous brain of yours work!

Thanks for that. And for sharing the image too. :)

--

Have fun, guys. I'm back to my cave. o/

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    And I'm having too much fun seeing that wondrous brain of yours work! Thanks for that. And for sharing the image too.
    You're welcome!

-

Ah, so I don't know how many of you here ever read Peter David's Captain Marvel run but I was going through the story arc that saw the return of The Micronauts and Jean/Phoenix appears in Commander Rann's "flashback" of a recent crisis where The X-Men joined forces with The Micronauts to stop Thanos and Baron Karza from destroying every sub-atomic realm in existence. An Editor's Note billed it as having happened in a Micronauts/X-Men crossover that never actually came out. Which is too bad I would have loved to see Jean take on Baron Karza and Thanos simultaneously in her Phoenix form. She's a little hard to see but she's down by Thanos' chin.

The Baron.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-25-2022 at 08:22 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Phoenix Universe.jpg
    Hey CU!

I love seeing Jean with her powers, The Phoenix Force and The Captain Universe powers! Who could stop our girl? NO ONE!

The names are amazing and fun to work.

The look reminds me of an old-school look mixed with a new, sleek look.

Thank you for sharing!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

My kind of celebration. I hope you had a wonderful one.

--

Have fun, guys. I'm back to my cave. o/
    :hugs:

Come back soon, GS. I miss you!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey CU!

I love seeing Jean with her powers, The Phoenix Force and The Captain Universe powers! Who could stop our girl? NO ONE!

The names are amazing and fun to work.

The look reminds me of an old-school look mixed with a new, sleek look.

Thank you for sharing!
    Hey! You're welcome! The names are totally fun to work with (Jean Grey, Marvel Girl, Captain Universe, The Phoenix, Phoenix Force, Enigma Force, Uni-Power...so much you can mix and match with) and you're right, she would have ULTIMATE POWAH! She'd be so freaking strong that...Marvel would probably do another Avengers vs. X-Men event because someone like Captain Marvel would come under the impression that her "change in attitude" from having The Enigma Force (which tends to mellow people out over time...most of the time) and Phoenix Force (we all know what that does) rattling around in her head all day, probably arguing about what movie they want to watch (The Fifth Element for The Enigma Force and Dante's Peak for The Phoenix Force...even though Jean wants to watch Love Actually with Scott just to make him SUFFER for making her watch Halloween III, the worst Halloween movie!) while they wait for the EF to get another hit on its crisis radar, is "corrupting" her.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-26-2022 at 03:50 AM.

@Mercury and @Phoenixx9: I'm not American, so I don't celebrate thanksgiving, but I take all the good wishes/intentions that come my way. Thank you. Happy thanksgiving to you too.
    Thank you, GS. It's good to see that you're still around! :hug:

In other news, this rumor has been circulating heavily today. Admittedly, although I am usually not a big fan of race-swapping—this is due to a variety of reasons, not least of which is my belief that more unique and iconic diverse characters should be created not recycled into being—I can totally envision this and in a good way. (I felt the same way back when I saw people suggest Savannah Lee Smith.)

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I did a quick Google search of this person "H. Randall Paul," and there is no mention of them anywhere. No THR/The Hollywood Reporter writer with that name or random website where this scoop is supposedly posted. I highly doubt this rumor is real. Unless there is a credible source listed, I think it's best to take it down, because it just leads to the spread of misinformation.

From a story standpoint, it doesn't even make sense to introduce Jean and the X-Men into The Marvels, which already has 3 main characters who have to share the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Thank you, GS. It's good to see that you're still around! :hug:

In other news, this rumor has been circulating heavily today. Admittedly, although I am usually not a big fan of race-swapping—this is due to a variety of reasons, not least of which is my belief that more unique and iconic diverse characters should be created not recycled into being—I can totally envision this and in a good way. (I felt the same way back when I saw people suggest Savannah Lee Smith.)

No problem with the race change if it has no impact on the character. My problem with this rumor is the actress, she has no charisma and I don't find her to be a particularly good actress either.

Well, to be fair, I thought the same about Evans when he was announced in Cap and he really surprised me so we'll see.

BANNED

This actress is 27. She is not going to be playing a teenage character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    There’s actresses who played teenagers. anything can happen

BANNED

I mean that she looks 27. I don't think people would buy her as a teenager. Some pictures make her look older than 27

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    There have been people in late 20s playing teenagers in the past.

Jean Grey may not be a teenager in MCU.
    Last edited by Starrius; 11-26-2022 at 06:54 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    No problem with the race change if it has no impact on the character. My problem with this rumor is the actress, she has no charisma and I don't find her to be a particularly good actress either.

Well, to be fair, I thought the same about Evans when he was announced in Cap and he really surprised me so we'll see.
    more like an ethnic swap

She's beautiful.

I looked her up

born Simone Ashwini Pillai 30 March 30, 1995 in Camberley, Surrey, England

Her parents are Tamil Indians.
    Last edited by Starrius; 11-26-2022 at 07:05 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    There have been people in late 20s playing teenagers in the past.

Jean Grey may not be a teenager in MCU.
    21 jump street and 90210...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.