Page 417 of 473 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Her powers coming out of that gem thing give them a mystical feel, I think there was a villain in the Justice League cartoon who had similar powers
    Star Sapphire, maybe?

(ooooh and she's wearing a version of the dreaded Marvel Girl mask too)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I totally get what you mean. I did a little reading on the Defenders Beyond and it wasn't what I thought. Definitely not as bad as I imagined, and I am curious to next week's issue to see how the writer portrays the White Hot Room. I just have this nagging preference for the Phoenix to be tied to Jean or Rachel (or even Quire) than all these other characters, but it is what it is. I agree it doesn't take too much away from Jean because she has such a rich history and story with or without phoenix. I am loving this current version of Jean and I think she's on a great trajectory.
    I totally understand where you’re coming from. Admittedly, I don’t have a nagging preference as much as a fervent desire for Marvel & co. to explicitly state and make clear that Claremont’s vision for Jean as Phoenix is definitive and canon, even if she never becomes Phoenix again. However, I love her so much as a character that it doesn’t bother me as much as it does others that they haven’t done so yet. Of course, as I previously mentioned, the fact that they’ve steered away from altering Jean’s history and, in fact, have continued to imply Claremont’s vision throughout their exploitation of the Phoenix Force keeps my mind at ease, and convinces me that they know not to—and have too much reverence for Jean’s history as Phoenix—to go there. We’ll see what Gillen does.

I am sort of hoping they won't be too vague about Jean's connection to the Phoenix. Even if it may not be to my liking, I think they should give some sort of definitive explanation once and for all. I have a lot of ideas of how I would like it to go down, but they never go in the direction I think they will. I'm sure we'll be surprised. I do think it will help move Jean's story forward. I am hoping we continue to get a lot of good content and development for Jean.
    I have a lot of ideas too, but frankly, I’d rather they keep it a mystery than do something irreparable, which has not yet been done.

I am excited for the AXE X-men issue and for JD 6. I will probably buy multiple copies of AXE X-men. The last time I bought multiple copies may have been the Jean Grey/Phoenix Generations issue. With my favorite issues I always buy two (I did that with a more than a few New X-men issues back in the day).
    Who are you telling? I’m buying multiple copies of Jean’s issue, too. Something tells me it’s going to be a must have!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Thanks for the explanation! Once again, Jean does a TK feat and I ask why Omega TK was removed from the list.

Tbh, in my head-canon Storm and Jean are ALWAYS talking and sharing little tricks for sticky situations. Jean experimenting with Storm at how she's able to use electricity to counter TK and to keep her TP protections up to snuff. I mean who else better to test with than Jean?

I'm also waiting for the day where Jean comes up against some for that has TP/TK scramblers going full throttle and she doesn't have enough time to bypass them. The enemy gets all cocky but then Jean makes note of the fact that they're in a thunderstorm and the enemy is like-

Enemy: Prepare to die Redhead mutie!!!

Jean: How small minded you are to think that having psi scramblers would give you total advantage over me.

Enemy: Stop and wipes the smirky smile off his face because he's wondering why his hair is suddenly standing on end when he knows it can't be TK

Jean: I have family you see, my sister is a literal weather goddess and I am an Omega Level TK. You put us in a room together and who knows what tricks we'll come up with.

Jean: Looks up and feels the rain and hears the thunder.

Jean: So **** luck for you but I am never weaponless!

Jean: Pulls down the prettiest pink lightning bolt because Storm showed her how to replicate it during one of their telepathic sister-chats

END

If Domino can luck into a lightning bolt then goddamn Jean can nudge one too!

You highly intelligent and creative cutie! 🥹 I love all of that! ☝🏻
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I liked Jean’s Gandalf quote as she drowned the Hex!

Anyone finding that AvXvE isnt much of a ‘versus’ thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post

Coulda been stacked more accurately as AxXxE. Can't go wrong with xXx...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Star Sapphire, maybe?

Damn, I can't believe I forgot about her lol! She was iconic even if her scenes were limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You highly intelligent and creative cutie! �� I love all of that! ☝��

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post

There's still time.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Star Sapphire, maybe?

Yes her, she even has pink powers like comic Jean

Star Sapphire, maybe?

As you mentioned, she has Jean's pink power signature, but also her Marvel Girl mask. Queen stays blueprinting.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

As you mentioned, she has Jean's pink power signature, but also her Marvel Girl mask. Queen stays blueprinting.
    Oddly enough Jean didn't have a pink power sig in X:TAS; Has she ever, in animation?

Oddly enough Jean didn't have a pink power sig in X:TAS; Has she ever, in animation?
    Actually, I see pink and blue. lol! I know what you mean, though. As far as animation, I'm not sure she has had a pink power signature. Irrc, I think her other depictions in animation have rendered her abilities invisible. A few of us have posted this before, but I absolutely love how Dave Cockrum depicted Jean's abilities, brilliantly accentuated by Janice Cohen's genius color work.

I think because of the FoX-men her powers usually look invisible in animation, I hope the new cartoon has the pink or blue energy because I like it better tbh

Star Sapphire, maybe?

Actually, I see pink and blue. lol! I know what you mean, though. As far as animation, I'm not sure she has had a pink power signature. Irrc, I think her other depictions in animation have rendered her abilities invisible. A few of us have posted this before, but I absolutely love how Dave Cockrum depicted Jean's abilities, brilliantly accentuated by Janice Cohen's genius color work.

Pink, Blue or the orange/green/blue/pink---they all work and look terrific!

I just want lots of good action and visible power displays in the New Animated Series!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I was just thinking about how that mask would look in live-action. I would imagine it would be the same way No Way Home adapted Electro's mask. Just pure energy emanating from her eyes when she is Phoenix.

Now that I think about it...it would look like this:

I may be on this boat alone, but, if they bring over something from the Fox verse for Jean, I hope it's the energy veins. It's just something about brimming with so much raw energy/power that your body is struggling to contain it.

That internal struggle is something they should play with.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I always thought both the pink and blue were her powers as shown above, but in that book about TAS that the show creators released a few years ago it says that Jean is shielding herself from blasts. The pink effects are blasts from Sentinels apparently.