Page 422 of 473 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 7090

I love the fact that this scene depicts her doing multiple things at once.

1. All along, she's been protecting them from the "psychic heaviness" that's "pressing down" on and threatening to "crush [them] all alive," including during the scene in the preview, I imagine.

2. Even after she's overwhelmed by the psychic backlash, she manages to keep "holding the miniature sun apart."

3. Also, I love that Sersi is practically an Omega Level Telekinetic but couldn't do what Jean did.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-29-2022 at 06:10 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I love the fact that this scene depicts her doing multiple things at once.

1. All along, she's been protecting them from the "psychic heaviness" that's "pressing down" on and threatening to "crush [them] all alive," including during the scene in the preview, I imagine.

2. Even after she's overwhelmed by the psychic backlash, she manages to keep "holding the miniature sun apart."

3. Also, I love that Sersi is practically an Omega Level Telekinetic but couldn't do what Jean did.
    Yes, these are all great Jean feats and I love to see her shine!

I don't think Sersi is a near-omega TK. I think Sersi was near Jean's TK level back in the late '90's. But I agree, no one else could do what Jean did!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-29-2022 at 06:34 PM. Reason: clarification
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, these are all great Jean feats and I love to see her shine!
    Absolutely. Wasn't I assuring people in this thread a year ago that Jean's prominence would grow? Hmph!

I don't think Sersi is a near-omega TK. I think Sersi was near Jean's TK level back in the late '90's.
    In Judgment Day #1, Sersi referred to herself as a "world-class matter manipulator" while taking a page from Jean's book and transforming her casual attire—a dress—into her costume. I mean, I don't doubt Jean can do that now—as far as I'm concerned, she can do anything when it comes to telepathy and telekinesis because she's Omega Level in both—but, well, there it is.

But I agree, no one else could do what Jean did!
    Exactly.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Absolutely. Wasn't I assuring people in this thread a year ago that Jean's prominence would grow? Hmph!

In Judgment Day #1, Sersi referred to herself as a "world-class matter manipulator" while taking a page from Jean's book and transforming her casual attire—a dress—into her costume. I mean, I don't doubt Jean can do that now—as far as I'm concerned, she can do anything when it comes to telepathy and telekinesis because she's Omega Level in both—but, well, there it is.

Exactly.
    Yes you were and I believed it too, lol!

Oh, I missed that Sersi comment. But also, Sersi has transmuting power which can be used to turn anything into something else, in addition to fairly powerful TK and TP.

Yeah, Jean today can do anything with her powers! I love it! Molecular-level TK is a high-power feat but one Jean can do with ease. As we have just seen, Jean can now hold back a mini-sun!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-29-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yes you were and I believed it too, lol!
    Thank you for recognizing that! :hug:

Oh, I missed that Sersi comment. But also, Sersi has transmuting power which can be used to turn anything into something else, in addition to fairly powerful TK and TP.
    I've always considered transmutation and matter manipulation telekineses by other names. It requires telekinetically rearranging atoms and molecules, which Jean can certainly do!

Yeah, Jean today can do anything with her powers! I love it!

Fantastic Member

with all the characters in this crossover...I am just glad Jean has been a predominantly strong character! Not just in feat but personality as well...and her catchy lines... "I can do miracle"...."i am an omega level psychic"...."you shall not pass"....

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Me too I like the phoenix talon telepathy jean had in the 90s
    The what now "in the 90s"?
    The only Phoenix raptor as telepathy incidents were in Claremont's Revolution (when Jean had mysteriously lost her teke) in the early 2000s:

And I guess during post Operation:Zero Tolerance, she manifested those psychometric house cleaning raptors...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-29-2022 at 08:43 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Spectacular Member

Exactly.
    AXE.5 Gillen said Jean is an Omega level psychic,whitout Omega level tp. My English is not very good, I wonder if psychic can be used to refer to both tk and tp?

When I say sisters, I mean SISTERS! I don't care what noBOD-E says.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Jean is coming with the confidence and feats. ☝️����

“...I can do ‘miracle.’”

“...I’m holding a miniature sun apart.”

that looks already so promising. Just imagine the end of the issue would be that Jean turns into a being of pure psychic energy in the shape of a pink firebird calling herself Psychic Bird Lady. ;-)

Imagine...

As the Celestial judges Jean, she begins to glow white-hot as the sun and stars. The Phoenix Force emerges from Jean's crown chakra and positions itself between her and the Celestial. Time freezes.

"Who dares?! I am the ETERNAL judge from which all life springs. This is both my child and my self... "

Suddenly, the Celestial is frozen in place, and nary a word or thought can escape its lips or mind as the Phoenix Force turns to address Jean.

"Until now, I have done as you instructed. In part, I have abandoned my home—YOU—and relegated myself to tend to the salvation of humanity in ways that diverge from our destiny, using avatars from distant lands and worlds, from epochs passed and epochs yet to pass. But it is your love and warmth, strength and discipline, altruism and self-sacrifice to which I long to return. Allow me to work through you. We are as we were always meant to be: ONE."

Jean now writhes not in response to a Celestial's painful probes and incisive judgments but to a greater part of herself on the verge of unfolding like a lotus.

"Arrrgh! Oh, hell! #%&$! Not this...not now. You...nngg!...I can't depend on you. I—WE—MUST do this alone!"

The Phoenix Force hovers over and stares at Jean quizzically but with admiration and understanding.

"...As you wish."

It disappears in a burst of flames, leaving only a whisp of smoke in its place. Time unfreezes, and the Celestial proceeds with its game of chance and judgment, self-assured and unaware of the greatness that trembles before it.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-29-2022 at 11:32 PM.

I personally think the Phoenix Force should not address anybody with a personalized voice. That's a concept I always really hated. It should be transcendental and unhuman.

Jean saying, "I can do miracle" just made my day.

BANNED

And notice... Not once did Jean claim she transcended into Goddesshood.

I think we shouldn't get too overly excited about the new Jean Grey one-shot released next week.

At this point all individual "judgement episodes" have been extremely lackluster for all characters. So, why should the Jean Grey one be particularly deep, character defining, or revelatory? Sorry for being a negative Nancy here but I think it will be a fine comicbook with lovely power displays but nothing deeper or particularly revelatory.
    Last edited by Exodus; 09-30-2022 at 05:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think we shouldn't get too overly excited about the new Jean Grey one-shot released next week.

At this point all individual "judgement episodes" have been extremely lackluster for all characters. So, why should the Jean Grey one be particularly deep, character defining, or revelatory? Sorry for being a negative Nancy here but I think it will be a fine comicbook with lovely power displays but nothing deeper or particularly revelatory.
    I’m very excited about this. Some trollls have royal egg in their faces. Negative nellies for proven so wrong some don’t even post hear anymore.

I mean, before AXE Duggan had Jean solo Nightmare and then take down Cordecyos Jones. He was writing her cosmic power, yet some people hear claimed Jean would just be a telephone in the event. You were proven wrong.

also with all of the problems we have in the world, people esas comics as escapism. Yet some people want to ruin that fir others. It’s more evil than supervillains.

If other people enjoy something you don’t, let them enjoy that. Stop trying to spread misery