Page 44 of 473 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Wished she would be still part of the council and written by Gillen in Immortal X-Men…..

That’s all what I have to say.

…and yes, the costume reveal was overhyped…
    Yes! More than anything I have just wanted her to be involved in the major happenings going on in the era and have some kind of backbone and presence, especially since she got kicked out of X-Force. Gillen is going to really do some great character work in his book and it's no fun that Jean is going to miss out. Unfortunately, she is too nice and far too hamstrung by traditionalism and nostalgia for storytelling so only fluff for her lol.

This worm will turn though. There will be a Jean fan in the X-office one day, hopefully before I am dead lol.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-20-2022 at 04:28 PM.

The Red Dragon

And Jean does look great deep in shadow like that, hopefully she shows again how dangerous she can be when pissed off. I’m tired of luke warm Jean Grey. Where is the fire?!? The furnace of violent emotions?

Hoping!!

She didn't get "kicked out" of X-Force, Kitty; she left. To found and lead the new team, I might add. Your contrarianism and warping of reality is so endearing, though! Stay you! :kiss:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You know it, love! I'm living my best life as a Jean fan right now. Hope is in the air, the possibilities are endless, and the sky is the limit! We have her being handled by a writer that likes and gets her and, on the animation side, a producer that has her tattooed on his forearm and absolutely loves her. Plus, she might be one of the first mutants to make her debut in the MCU in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, cementing that she is that important.

The next couple of years are going to be great.

I forgot to add that he's the executive producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I. Can't. Help. It!!!

Sorry. My brain has a life of its own and it's been *very* associative with songs today! That's all I have to say. :P

But, please, do enjoy it all for me!
    Oh, hell no, lol! You're too cute, GS. :hug:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Love your excitement and enthusiasm!

Also, have not seen this Diana clip in such a long time, lol!
    Chile, I feel like Diana! Also, what's the fun in being a Jean fan--or comic book fan, for that matter--everything is going to be doom and gloom. As I shared on the previous page(s) somewhere (see below), Jean's legendary and iconic status is already cemented. She's survived it all in the comic book biz and will continue to do so. Hope springs eternal!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    That small panel looks infinitely better than what Noto gave us. Frumpy midget xmen ugh.

It does look like Pepe’s art, but he’s not scheduled to do 8, 9 or 10 (Pina is on art) so it must be from 11.
    I didn't know that about 8, 9, or 10. Perhaps it's a panel from the big moment Duggan was talking about.

Okay, folks. I'm off to school! Love you all! You make me me.
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-20-2022 at 04:19 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yes! More than anything I have just wanted her to be involved in the major happenings going on in the era and have some kind of backbone and presence, especially since she got kicked out of X-Force. Gillen is going to really do some great character work in his book and it's no fun that Jean is going to miss out. Unfortunately, she is too nice and far too hamstrung by traditionalism and nostalgia for storytelling so only fluff for her.

This worm will turn though. There will be a Jean fan in the X-office one day, hopefully before I am dead lol.
    Well she will be busy take care of cyke .

It would be really cool to see her interactions in X-Men Red with Storm, Magneto, Vulca.... :'(

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Well she will be busy take care of cyke .

It would be really cool to see her interactions in X-Men Red with Storm, Magneto, Vulca.... :'(
    It would be nice for Jean to have meaningful interactions with anyone else other than Cyclops and Wolverine. I wish she just said f both of you an did her own thing. She feels stifled at the moment.
    Last edited by Tank; 01-20-2022 at 04:43 PM.

BANNED

She didn't get "kicked out" of X-Force, Kitty; she left. To found and lead the new team, I might add. Your contrarianism and warping of reality is so endearing, though! Stay you! :kiss:

I forgot to add that he's the executive producer.

Oh, hell no, lol! You're too cute, GS. :hug:

Chile, I feel like Diana! Also, what's the fun in being a Jean fan--or comic book fan, for that matter--everything is going to be doom and gloom. As I shared on the previous page(s) somewhere (see below), Jean's legendary and iconic status is already cemented. She's survived it all in the comic book biz and will continue to do so. Hope springs eternal!

I didn't know that about 8, 9, or 10. Perhaps it's a panel from the big moment Duggan was talking about.

Okay, folks. I'm off to school! Love you all! You make me me.
    Oh I am aware. These characters are written though. IDK if Percy got bored with her or he lost a draw and had to give her up or they just decided she has to be wherever Cyclops is, either way "kicked out of X-Force" and "kicked out of the Quiet Council" are apt descriptions.

I wonder if Gillen could have used her if he wanted to? That really is going to be a deliciously hellish book. Exodus, Sinister, and those other crazies would push Jean to her limits.

Mercury, I don't have the desire to pretend her current status, Assistant to the Regional Manager and all, is compelling, but I sort of admire yours.

Anyhoo! Bring on the Dauterman clothes!

The Red Dragon

Oh I am aware. These characters are written though. IDK if Percy got bored with her or he lost a draw and had to give her up or they just decided she has to be wherever Cyclops is, either way "kicked out of X-Force" and "kicked out of the Quiet Council" are apt descriptions.

I wonder if Gillen could have used her if he wanted to? That really is going to be a deliciously hellish book. Exodus, Sinister, and those other crazies would push Jean to her limits.

Mercury, I don't have the desire to pretend her current status, Assistant to the Regional Manager and all, is compelling, but I sort of admire yours.

And the trivialness of voting her off the council because she wanted to save Cable and would put the council at risk was ridiculous…when we have Storm as a regent of a planet and all the dangers that entails. And that’s not counting all the other stuff the other members get themselves into.

And Storm gets all these covers with her new costume and design sheets. Why are they still being so secretive with Jean for so long only for it to debut with no rhyme or reason in a tie in that’s not even her book. I would understand if there was some big catalyst for her ditching her Marvel Girl dress and they didnt want to spoil it, but there doesnt seem to be and it was just annoying dragging it out at this point.
    Last edited by Tank; 01-20-2022 at 04:52 PM.

10 minutes until class starts and I’m worried about you people! I knew being forced off of here did me some good! 😂

The only one pretending, or, to be fair, asserting that their opinion is reality is you. The fact of the matter is, she’s been titled the co-leader of this team from the beginning—by White, Duggan, and others. Moreover, she’s the one who brought up and founded the team when she rejected the offer to be reinstated in the Quiet Council. Scott followed suit. Frankly, I love that she and Scott lead the flagship title. They are Xavier’s first student and first X-Man, respectively.

And who did the High Evolutionary choose to speak to in issue #3?

Who chose to split the team?

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

And who called the shots in Devil’s Reign, with delicious sarcasm aimed at Kingpin, to boot?

Look, Kitty, I get it. You want Jean to be the way she was 20-40 years ago. More power to you! Thankfully, I’m grateful for what I’ve gotten of her during the last decade and hopeful for more.

Sadly, you and a few others say the same negative things over and over again regarding Jean this era and have been since I arrived here 6-8 months ago. At least I try to contribute new things—news, enthusiasm, positivity—to this thread.

Food for thought.
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-20-2022 at 05:15 PM.

And who called the shots in Devil’s Reign, with delicious sarcasm aimed at Kingpin, to boot?

Look, Kitty, I get it. You want Jean to be the way she was 20-40 years ago. More power to you! Thankfully, I’m grateful for what I’ve gotten of her during the last decade and hopeful for more.

Sadly, you and a few others say the same negative things over and over again regarding Jean this era and have been since I arrived here 6-8 months ago. At least I try to contribute new things—news, enthusiasm, positivity—to this thread.

Food for thought.
    And you do! Also, some great pics too.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    And you do! Also, some great pics too.
    Thank you, love! I'm happy that I entertain some of you. That's the whole point! And sharing my love for Jean, of course!

Okay. I'll be back after 10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Wished she would be still part of the council and written by Gillen in Immortal X-Men…..

That’s all what I have to say.

…and yes, the costume reveal was overhyped…
    It was definitely overhyped lol Duggan was like “yeah she will have a NEW costume, its Dauterman so you know it’s going to be great” and it was the same costume we already have seen since June lmao xD I still like it tho

He likes to bait us

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    It was definitely overhyped lol Duggan was like “yeah she will have a NEW costume, its Dauterman so you know it’s going to be great” and it was the same costume we already have seen since June lmao xD I still like it tho

He likes to bait us
    It's the X-Office hobby

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    And the trivialness of voting her off the council because she wanted to save Cable and would put the council at risk was ridiculous…when we have Storm as a regent of a planet and all the dangers that entails. And that’s not counting all the other stuff the other members get themselves into.

And Storm gets all these covers with her new costume and design sheets. Why are they still being so secretive with Jean for so long only for it to debut with no rhyme or reason in a tie in that’s not even her book. I would understand if there was some big catalyst for her ditching her Marvel Girl dress and they didnt want to spoil it, but there doesnt seem to be and it was just annoying dragging it out at this point.
    To be fair about how bad her dismissal was...it wasn't any worse than the entire XoS story in general, in my opinion lol. Though I did like some of the stuff revealed about Apocalypse and his powerful wife and whatnot. Overall terrible event though.

As for Storm, this is the kind of push she should have been getting and I'm not going to say too much against that.

Jean's costume reveal is a non-event as we have seen the look before. Jean's kind of an afterthought in this era and apparently the hold onto the MG dress was to "troll" her fans lol. As if making people want to disengage over their favorite character is the right move in book publishing. Don't books need ALL the revenue right now? Lol

@Mercury, this is some Jean fans in the future, probably:

"Member that time Jean got kicked out of leadership of the mutants for...what was it?"

"I don't remember really, but do you remember when she said the word, 'mayor' sarcastically?"

"Yeah, that was so epic!"

Mercury, I think you think I'm being hyperbolic when really you are a bit over-the-top about basically nothing of real interest happening with Jean. She has not been compelling. And yes, if you mean the Morrison run referring to 20 years ago, she did have more going on then and was a bit more of a character, as was teenage Jean from like 10 years ago or whenever it was. They took Jean out of the best positions for character drama/growth and that's almost objective fact.

Honestly, my quirks aside, in all seriousness, I think most people will tell you neither Jean nor X-Men as a whole has been really compelling so far.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-20-2022 at 06:24 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The "best" thing about this thread is when people don't actually pay attention to what's been said in interviews. Jean was never meant to be on X-Force longterm, and Percy knew that he was losing her before he even had her.

She was also pretty great in Devil's Reign X-Men! Noto's art wasn't at his best but I thought the costume looked lovely and I am SO looking forward to what's coming for her this coming year.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey