Page 54 of 473 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And to think... Marvel has the unmitigated hutzpah to pawn that Avengers wannbe Maya (Echo) Lopez as the current Phoenix host...
    I like Maya a lot, though Phoenix Song is proving to be lackluster. I was expecting something more expansive and transcendent.

In either case, it’ll be revealed that Jean was unconsciously lending out fragments of herself after rejecting her true nature. Bet on it! 😂

☝️😌
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-25-2022 at 08:47 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

For those who have been voting to *eliminate* someone:

https://strawpoll.com/5gsp4gyhd

Just 2 hours to go. Don't pick Jean! :D
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-25-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I like Maya a lot, the Phoenix Song is proving to be lackluster. I was expecting something more expansive and transcendent.

In either case, it’ll be revealed that Jean was unconsciously lending out fragments of herself after rejecting her true nature. Bet on it! ��

☝️��
    Slowly but surely Jean will turn into Legion down this road.

I like Maya a lot, though Phoenix Song is proving to be lackluster. I was expecting something more expansive and transcendent.

In either case, it’ll be revealed that Jean was unconsciously lending out fragments of herself after rejecting her true nature. Bet on it! ��

☝️��

I agree with the Echo mini, it has been pretty lackluster (also why is Forge a Phoenix expert lol who gave him the degree). But I just think that no Phoenix story is going to be transcendent if it does not have Jean or a relation to her bc it loses all the gravitas. People can say all they want that “Jean is nothing without the Phoenix” but it’s not true, it’s the Phoenix who is nothing without Jean. It becames a simple power up.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    …it’s the Phoenix who is nothing without Jean. It becames a simple power up.
    I agree with this. I love Rachel, but even she never reached the heights of power and popularity Jean did as Phoenix. I mean, if they have to give it to anyone else, it should be her, but no one tops Jean as Phoenix.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean will make an appearance in The Death of Doctor Strange #5, which drops tomorrow.

REMINDER: Though her appearances, which may be minimal, haven’t been officially confirmed, be on the lookout for Jean in The Death of Doctor Strange #5, Black Panther #3, X Deaths of Wolverine #1, and Life of Wolverine #2, which all drop this week.

REMINDER: Though her appearances, which may be minimal, haven’t been officially confirmed, be on the lookout for Jean in The Death of Doctor Strange #5, Black Panther #3, X Deaths of Wolverine #1, and Life of Wolverine #2, which all drop this week.
    If she has more than one line it will be a victory. They could at least change that costume soon, pain and suffering

I'm happy with whatever appearances of Jean I can get!

Anyway, since we know Jean is officially switching uniforms, I wonder if the implication is that Devil's Reign takes place after stories like The Death of Doctor Strange and X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine, along with X-Men #7. 🤔

Is the redesign gala look her costume going forward?
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Anyway, since we know Jean is officially switching uniforms, I wonder if the implication is that Devil's Reign takes place after stories like The Death of Doctor Strange and X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine, along with X-Men #7. ��
    Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    GOD... I hope not... That "Gala-Trash" was hideous!

It seems I can't escape the negativity that plagues this thread no matter what I do...

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    For now, yes, though she may be getting another costume soon. I can't divulge further.

It seems I can't escape the negativity that plagues this thread no matter what I do...

Yeah, just when ya thought ya was safe....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Anyway, since we know Jean is officially switching uniforms, I wonder if the implication is that Devil's Reign takes place after stories like The Death of Doctor Strange and X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine, along with X-Men #7. 🤔
    I was going to ask you that. Whereas she should only appear with the new outfit in X men 8 or 9 and the wolvie event lasts for 2 months

Also, the ignore list is a wonderful way to silence the insistent barking of some people's negativity. Just try not to get banned again, please.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation