Page 36 of 473 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    This is true but this Jason Aaron stuff imo is even worse......everything he has done with Phoenix has been bad to very bad....I hope its retconned out of existence...
    On another Note I would Like for the PF to go back to just being A Force not good or evil just serving its purpose.....the only reason it got corrupted originally was due to Human Emotion and Sensations...but marvel keeps leaning into the dark phoenix stuff to lesser returns each time....its almost become like galactus simply a come up for a writers favorite character perhaps that is a sign you have arrived.
    And they also don’t care about what the Dark Phoenix was about. Jean went Dark for a series of reasons and not bc Phoenix is “evil”, but current writers do not care about it and they just use these fake Dark Phoenixes as generic villains now, or as a default setting. Which makes me mad bc now readers truly believe that Phoenix is nothing but a villain/power-up, but on the other hand it makes me have this childish sentiment that the more modern writers keep making bad stories of Phoenix without Jean, the more the OG Phoenix stories keep being the best (and the relevant) ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    This is true but this Jason Aaron stuff imo is even worse......everything he has done with Phoenix has been bad to very bad....I hope its retconned out of existence...
    On another Note I would Like for the PF to go back to just being A Force not good or evil just serving its purpose.....the only reason it got corrupted originally was due to Human Emotion and Sensations...but marvel keeps leaning into the dark phoenix stuff to lesser returns each time....its almost become like galactus simply a come up for a writers favorite character perhaps that is a sign you have arrived.
    It’s not even worth the retcon as the public has memories. By the time Aaron is done there won’t be anything left to do, but have someone kill the Phoenix force. I think they should at least let Jean kill it so she can reclaim the codename and imagery.

IMG_3472.jpg

Sharing a photo of my Jean shelf

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    IMG_3472.jpg

Whoa! Jean Grey behind glass, lol! Your collection looks great! Thanks for sharing.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    IMG_3472.jpg

I envy you sm

Great collection!!

Thank you! Jean is my favorite character, any medium, so of course she gets a shelf to herself. There are other Jeans (and Madelyne) in my X-Men team and villains displays.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    And they also don’t care about what the Dark Phoenix was about. Jean went Dark for a series of reasons and not bc Phoenix is “evil”, but current writers do not care about it and they just use these fake Dark Phoenixes as generic villains now, or as a default setting. Which makes me mad bc now readers truly believe that Phoenix is nothing but a villain/power-up, but on the other hand it makes me have this childish sentiment that the more modern writers keep making bad stories of Phoenix without Jean, the more the OG Phoenix stories keep being the best (and the relevant) ones.
    Not just readers, but the just general public. Here is a reply I got the other day.

I really did enjoy all the small little Jean/Rachel moments we got last year. I love how they basically reconnected without there needing to be so much drama behind it because there wasn't really in drama behind it, it just wasnt happening.

How this ended up.
    JeanRachel.jpg
    jeanrachelbw.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I really did enjoy all the small little Jean/Rachel moments we got last year. I love how they basically reconnected without there needing to be so much drama behind it because there wasn't really in drama behind it, it just wasnt happening.

How this ended up.
    JeanRachel.jpg
    jeanrachelbw.jpg
    Can I say how much I thank you for sharing this art? it’s precious. They are my two favorite characters so seeing art of them side by side always bring a smile to my face❤️

How this ended up.
    JeanRachel.jpg
    jeanrachelbw.jpg
    This is super cute, really gives a mother and daughter vibe.

How this ended up.
    JeanRachel.jpg
    jeanrachelbw.jpg
    Aw, a mom and daughter moment! (behind the scenes of course, since we never get to see this interaction on-panel)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Another reason why I would love for them to truly acknowledge Jean’s past as Jeen. Emma Frost went from being Jean’s enemy to being her mentor for awhile. It was a very interesting change in relationship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Another reason why I would love for them to truly acknowledge Jean’s past as Jeen. Emma Frost went from being Jean’s enemy to being her mentor for awhile. It was a very interesting change in relationship.
    Honestly, that was/is silly to me. It's just like if Batman was hanging out with the guy that shot the Waynes. It works when I keep in mind that it's comic books and the writer wants them to be a thing really badly for whatever reason.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Honestly, that was/is silly to me. It's just like if Batman was hanging out with the guy that shot the Waynes. It works when I keep in mind that it's comic books and the writer wants them to be a thing really badly for whatever reason.
    It's much worse when you consider, Rachel was right there and would have made a much better teacher to Jeen. Plus at the time she was also classified as an Omega Level mutant. Just another one of those menial plot points Bendis included to invite controversy such as Cyclops flirting with X-23, Jean kissing Beast out of the blue, and a number of other odd pairings during his run. I personally didn't mind it, but again Rachel would have made a ton more sense at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It's much worse when you consider, Rachel was right there and would have made a much better teacher to Jeen. Plus at the time she was also classified as an Omega Level mutant. Just another one of those menial plot points Bendis included to invite controversy such as Cyclops flirting with X-23, Jean kissing Beast out of the blue, and a number of other odd pairings during his run. I personally didn't mind it, but again Rachel would have made a ton more sense at the time.
    Agree. I also don’t think that Jeen being trained by Emma suddenly makes the adult Jean and Emma friends. Jeen was Jean but at the same time wasn’t. Emma and Jean relationship is not a friendly one but neither an antagonistic one. They are coworkers who casually threw shade at each other (and it’s okay), Jean having one time-displaced memory of Emma helping her does not change their relationship much I think.