Page 378 of 473 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I don’t know anyone who would call another person a religious nut or tell another person to effectively shut up.

I think you are too hung up on the tk (not that you shouldn’t be, I kinda am too) to see that this Jean is a lot sassier than most Jean’s. You aren’t convinced because she hasn’t punctuated her point physically. (In essence, what Wallstreeter referred to as Jean throwing a tantrum.)

Unfortunately for you, it appears you traded Duggan’s telekinetic Jean (because she used her tk a lot in his run) for Gillen’s mouthy Jean. (Yes, I’m slightly teasing because this whole situation is very ironic)
    I admit I cackled at that part.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yes! When it comes to telepathy not every grand feat needs to be all showy. Telepathy in and of itself is a subtle ability but Jean by definition is of the few who could push that subtly to its extreme.

Hell if they REALLY wanted her to show up and show out, have her take control over the thing. It spoke to Exodus and was "scared?" to die, so clearly there's some type of coconscious in there. Jean's telepathy should be able to bridge any gap it would take to traverse the machine part of its mind.

Even if it was only for a few minutes to buy the time until the Plot-God thingy came on, it would have been an epic moment.

Like this! But without the dress -

Hands down one of my favorite scenes of Jean to date.

As for the second part of your statement, I wouldn't have minded that as much IF she was talking to Bishop who was like right there >..>. Like give the man some type of dialog because clearly Magik isn't hurting for any.

But anyway, different characters and a different thread, lol.
    You should just become a writer and write Jean because I agree.

For the Bishop front maybe Schiti drew him in there without realizing he was the head captain. Either way it sort of undermines that scene.

And a scene like the King in Black scene is how to make an entrance! Just please no fainting afterwards. This happens too much with Jean too. No other omega faints after using their omega gifts.
    Last edited by Tank; 08-10-2022 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    You should just become a writer and write Jean because I agree.

For the Bishop front maybe Schiti drew him in there without realizing he was the head captain. Either way it sort of undermines that scene.

And a scene like the King in Black scene is how to make an entrance! Just please no fainting afterwards. This happens too much with Jean too. No other omega faints after using their omega gifts.
    Haha thanks for the compliment!

That could be a possibility actually. I know these pages sometimes have to be drawn months in advance so he couldn't slipped through the cracks.

I've just given up on that front. This seems to be the go-to move to showcase a psionic person is pushing themselves. It's either fainting or a nose bleed.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

It's very strange you know...? She's in the middle of a war with huge creatures... And she's like floating around them... You know??? And Exodus almost having an orgasm attacking.... It's very clueless man. It's really cool her linking up with people and feeling everything around the world. But... Where's the attack? She could look for creatures' weaknesses, help Exodus with telekinesis, pull people out of danger.... While I liked her telling Exodus to shut up,.... It's kind of wrong because there are commanders.. .

The Red Dragon

Thanks to Subliminally from the Storm thread. I hadn’t yet read the Ms.Marvel/xmen issue but:

We have Exodus taking on skyscraper sized Eternals, while Jean does nothing except be a megaphone. And then to add insult injury:

Really, she needed Rogue to crush this little bug? From the same lady who shattered Fitzroy’s indestructible armor and atomized plants into nothingness no less.

The only good thing is at least the artist drew her costume well. Shrug
    Last edited by Tank; 08-10-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Gillen's Jean is about what I expected, and I think we have the clearest idea of what she'll be like under his pen. I'm not really sensing a real need to say anything with her. She's the reader and teams' mental relay of what's happening not really adding anything of substance to the issue!

Unfortunately, this also confirms some of my suspicions on what her one shot might do, and I'm not sure if Jean specifically will be the intended focus.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Gillen's Jean is about what I expected, and I think we have the clearest idea of what she'll be like under his pen. I'm not really sensing a real need to say anything with her. She's the reader and teams' mental relay of what's happening not really adding anything of substance to the issue!

Unfortunately, this also confirms some of my suspicions on what her one shot might do, and I'm not sure if Jean specifically will be the intended focus.
    This. And if you are correct and her one shot continues to whittle away and destroy her history and undisputed connection as/with Phoenix, what is the point? What does it leave us with? Nothing. She continually has stuff taken away from her or given away to others, while she has no clear narrative or motivation currently.

It’s like they take want to minimize her history while having 0 plans for the present to make up for it, which leaves her character just kind of empty and treading water.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Oh dear. Now I’ve been set off. Probably would not have cared as much had this not been an absolute controversy of a topic.

I happen to love the mini-skirt. And if bringing back dated things is such a bother, than by all accounts, Jean should not have been in her 90’s outfit or X-Factor costume costume even after Hickman put her in a newer variant. She should have been in something new from the very beginning.

The fact that people make such a big fuss over something like the min-skirt and then praise the ever boring New X-Men is baffling. Like, “oh dear! A pointy mask? How dreadful! Yellow kitchen gloves? Dastardly that she would choose something so out there! Rather than possibly updating it, we should burn the whole thing because it should never inspire designers to actually be creative make something new out of the ashes of old like Jean is supposed to as Phoenix! Ugly simply ugly. Not unlike the gorgeous black leather pants and the wonderful normal black tea shirt with a complimentary giant black leather coat. Simply a fashion icon of our time with those black boots with giant yellow ‘X’s on them”.

The gosh darn Marvel Girl dress controversy was probably the most stupid controversy I had ever witnessed and I am very obviously salty about it.

Probably because the vocal outcry was annoying as heck. And personally. I was glad they stuck to their guns and kept it for so long because those “fans” were being ridiculous for going so far as to complain everywhere and bug the creators about changing the dress. And it was clearly a bigger issue than it needed to be because there was that Krakoan advertising that ended up poking fun at the issue and “fans” got insulted that the writers decided not to listen to them.

Never had I ever been so disappointed in a fanbase, not simply for the vocal outcry, but the very idea that they would go so far as to not even suggest they maybe update it. No! It needed to simply vanish and never be returned to again and now we have to stick to dang one-piece outfits again while still being in the stupid green and yellow combination as if Jean were colorblind to any other color combination.

…..great. Now I am supremely annoyed.
    In regards to the dress I like it more than her bulky xmen red look. Gross.

The problem with the dress for me is what felt like the characterization that came with it. She seems regressed and the outfit matches that.

The other problem with the dress is it’s supposed to have form fitting gloves, boots and a nice sexy neckline. See the original issues where it appears, various modern takes or when Jim Lee drew it. It looked good!! But pepe and some artists changed it to bulky gloves, inconsistent frumpy boots, and a weird neckline which makes it look much worse.
    Last edited by Tank; 08-10-2022 at 07:24 PM.

BANNED

This. And if you are correct and her one shot continues to whittle away and destroy her history and undisputed connection as/with Phoenix, what is the point? What does it leave us with? Nothing. She continually has stuff taken away from her or given away to others, while she has no clear narrative or motivation currently.

It’s like they take want to minimize her history while having 0 plans for the present to make up for it, which leaves her character just kind of empty and treading water.
    You may very well be right, but still we need to see it when it comes out. It could be better than you expected or it could be way worse. Lol

BANNED

We may see Jean join the battle against the Celestial and do something good or there maybe more fights against the Eternals or Hex. Seems like wouldn’t with the Celestial threatening to blow up Earth but you never know。

BANNED

In regards to the dress I like it more than her bulky xmen red look. Gross.

The problem with the dress for me is what felt like the characterization that came with it. She seems regressed and the outfit matches that.

The other problem with the dress is it’s supposed to have form fitting gloves, boots and a nice sexy neckline. See the original issues where it appears, various modern takes or when Jim Lee drew it. It looked good!! But pepe and some artists changed it to bulky gloves, inconsistent frumpy boots, and a weird neckline which makes it look much worse.
    Yeah. Women in Star Trek back in the 70s had sexy Minos. It was the style back then.

But yes her gloves in the Krakoa looked like dishwasher clothes and the green dress looked dollar store.

A number of things can be happening with Jean. She could just be observing what to do like she did with Knull. It’s only two issues in so it’s really hard to say. No one really did anything noteworthy in my opinion honestly. I do wish they would’ve let her do more with her TK because I just love seeing the feats she does with it. (I love how she used her TK underwater by allowing herself to breath like she did as teen Jean.)

I also doubt she will just be a “walkie talkie” in her one shot as well.

Why is Gillen then hyping her up in his interviews then? Let's be a little positive here. But I agree seeing Exodus doing all those amazing feats while Jean is floating next to him without engaging actively in battle is quite frustrating to see...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Why is Gillen then hyping her up in his interviews then? Let's be a little positive here. But I agree seeing Exodus doing all those amazing feats while Jean is floating next to him without engaging actively in battle is quite frustrating to see...
    I just feel like this was pretty much completing his immortal xmen story. He is one of the characters Gillen mentioned that were going to have big moments.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I just feel like this was pretty much completing his immortal xmen story. He is one of the characters Gillen mentioned that were going to have big moments.
    that's true. But so was Jean. So let's pray to the Phoenix Force that Jean will have some awesome moments in the issues that will follow besides "Walkie Talkie Girl".

I really liked all one-shots Gillen has done so far for his Immortal X-Men cast. Maybe his Jean one-shot will also be an interesting dive into her character. For me it would be enough at this point if we will get more introspection into why she left the Council and if she regrets her decision at this point. I feel like her relationship with the Phoenix Force really does not need another comicbook if they plan to tell us again the same storyline...