Page 234 of 473 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    If "lets see what makes you bleed" could be captured in a single image.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's pretty cool for us, fans. But don't you think the mention of Illyana and Gambit was unnecessary?
    Unnecessary it may be, but delicious nonetheless.

I'm still quivering.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's pretty cool for us, fans. But don't you think the mention of Illyana and Gambit was unnecessary?
    I get what you're saying and I partially agree. I would've kept Gambit and nixed Illyana since I would consider her a pretty big gun in the context of what I believe Jean is going for here - which is to be a battle finisher.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    If "lets see what makes you bleed" could be captured in a single image.
    Truly.

I get what you're saying and I partially agree. I would've kept Gambit and nixed Illyana since I would consider her a pretty big gun in the context of what I believe Jean is going for here - which is to be a battle finisher.
    Frankly, the description would've had the same impact without naming names. I mean, she masticated, swallowed, and digested that moment and went for a run afterward.
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-16-2022 at 10:07 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Mark Brooks with the goods!

Her eyes match her costume <3

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    See below as you're not correct.

Bolded for truth.

The issue when comparing Jean and Rachel as hosts, which tbh we shouldn't do really, is that the concepts of the Phoenix Force changed a number of times during and after the time period that Jean and Rachel were hosts. First it was the ultimate expression of Jean's abilities. Then it was those abilities shared by her daughter (and daughter of the PF). Then it was a cosmic entity because they needed to explain Jean's resurrection. List of changes continues as does the hosts. The closest Rachel got to operating at the White Crown level was when she was resurrected by the PF as it's "one true heir and Phoenix" (quoted because clearly that changed shortly after) and left Rachel to manage the powers while the cosmic entity went into hibernation. When that happened, she didn't have much time to do anything as host since the change in editors dictated that she was leaving Excalibur and the X-books. My point is that the concepts of the Phoenix at the times reflected on how those characters were written as a host. It's comparing apples and oranges. Both were accomplished hosts and avatars, both had different opportunities. And neither should be burdened with the Phoenix again for a long time as they are written better without it.

It feels that way to you I guess, but I'd wager that there are in fact people that enjoyed Rachel as Phoenix vs the definitive zero you claim. Or this an attempted trolling?

1000%. Rachel is very different from Jean and while they have shared similar abilities and code names, they use their powers differently and operate at different levels. I love them both.
    I meant relatively no one lol. I would consider myself trolling if I was in a Rachel thread talking about how she shouldn't be Phoenix because Jean is better at it.

In general, I tend to dislike duplicated designs, not just Rachel, but in general. For example, X-23 being Wolverine when she doesn't have to memorialize Logan anymore doesn't make sense, and so the hero identity is basically duplicated for no real reason while she has a more distinct and arguably iconic look.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Unnecessary it may be, but delicious nonetheless.

I'm still quivering.
    Frankly, the description would've had the same impact without naming names. I mean, she masticated, swallowed, and digested that moment and went for a run afterward.
    Thanks, guys.

I was really just curious.

We're just getting warmed up...

From X-Men Unlimited #35.

If anyone is curious, the writer of this issue and moment is Alex Paknadel.

I'm still gagged.

To those interested, those are Maggot’s words in the caption. Also, the way he calls her Ms. Grey, before she tells him to pull the trigger and vacuum up the mess though.

To those interested, those are Maggot’s words in the caption. Also, the way he calls her Ms. Grey, before she tells him to pull the trigger and vacuum up the mess though.

Hmm, that’s a little spicy, I suppose. I am a little confused about what she means. Is she saying a long time ago, she would have tried to save monstrous beings if they were still sentient, but now doesn’t? Or is she just talking about this specific case, where if she got to the monster earlier, she probably would have attempted to save it?

This is a great cover of Jean!

But are Iron Man and Makkari following Jean's lead....or are they after Jean?? Time will tell. (It better be the first, or else Jean will SCHOOL them, lol!)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Hmm, that’s a little spicy, I suppose. I am a little confused about what she means. Is she saying a long time ago, she would have tried to save monstrous beings if they were still sentient, but now doesn’t? Or is she just talking about this specific case, where if she got to the monster earlier, she probably would have attempted to save it?
    There's a period at the end of the sentence, which is a response to Maggot’s question, “Didn’t this used to be a person?” I was a little confused at first too, though.

BANNED

What issue is this?

What a powerful and beautiful Jean power display!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I think it's meant to be read this way:

- Didn't this used to be a person?
    - [This used to be a person] A long time ago. (...)

But I didn't read the thing. Not sure if it makes sense in the context of the story.