Page 236 of 473 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 7090
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even when the cover is correct, it doesn't preclude editorial from changing course and negating the set up of the story. Or covers which serve as a metaphor for the story, or homage covers, or......well, the list goes on without even getting into outright lies on the cover.
    Yep. So the point remains: we shouldn't spend too much energy on the covers and promotional material and what editorial says about them. Instead, we should focus on the actual stories.

But sure: sometimes covers are symbolic, not literal. I actually love some of those.

I wonder if the Celestials will target Jean due to Dark Phoenix’s decimation of D’Bari and for being instrumental in blowing Arishem’s hand away…

…in the second act of the event where various heroes and villains stand for judgment. Defending their past actions and mistakes in fascinating ways…

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I wonder if the Celestials will target Jean due to Dark Phoenix’s decimation of D’Bari and for being instrumental in blowing Arishem’s hand away…

Third time is the charm? :P

i hope not. Im sick of beings coming for Jean over the D'Bari/DP. That plotline has been done to death

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Third time is the charm? :P
    It all depends on what you mean by that, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    i hope not. Im sick of beings coming for Jean over the D'Bari/DP. That plotline has been done to death
    I get why you feel this way. However, has it really been "done to death"? Serious question: How many times have people/extraterrestrial beings come for Jean because of Dark Phoenix? (I've never kept count.) In either case, it could make for some great drama and further develop her character, especially under Gillen. Besides, it's not like it would be central to the overall event, though it could certainly be impactful.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I meant it literally. Unless I forget some other more obscure story (or my senile brain is just failing me), Jean/Phoenix/teen-Jean were "judged" twice because of the D'Bari already. :D

--

Going to sleep now. o/

I meant it literally. Unless I forget some other more obscure story (or my senile brain is just failing me), Jean/Phoenix/teen-Jean were "judged" twice because of the D'Bari already.

--

Going to sleep now. o/
    I meant what would be charming about it? lmao.

I get why you feel this way. However, has it really been "done to death"? Serious question: How many times have people/extraterrestrial beings come for Jean because of Dark Phoenix? (I've never kept count.) In either case, it could make for some great drama and further develop her character, especially under Gillen. Besides, it's not like it would be central to the overall event, though it could certainly be impactful.

Uncanny X-men 387 - The sole survivor of the D'Bari attacks Jean for what DP did
    Phoenix Endsong - The Shi'ar come for Jean and the PF to destroy it
    End of Greys - Rachel was used as a standin as the Shi'ar comes for her and the Greys for what DP did to ensure it cant happen again
    Trial of Jean Grey - Teen Jean is put on trial for crimes she has yet to commit.

There might be another story at Im missing but that was alot and it would feel like deja vu to have the Celestials condemn her over it

I was wondering if Makkari and Iron Man are joining with Jean (again, as shown on the cover) or attacking Jean? I think the Eternals are looking at Mutants as Deviants.

I love seeing those old story pages! Jean was so powerful there, even without her TP.

I can't even imagine the full scope of Jean's powers today, which have grown and grown and grown, besides Jean's increased skill and experiences using them!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I meant what would be charming about it? lmao.
    Nothing, really. I was being sarcastic. But the idea of idiom is this.

Considering she was already judged twice and the name of the event is Judgement Day... If it sounds too weird chalk it up to the fact I'm not a native speaker and I have no idea what I'm doing here. :P

--

Really off to bed now. o/

Nothing, really. I was being sarcastic. But the idea of idiom is this
    Oh, I know the meaning of the idiom and how it's used. However, since neither attempt against Jean has been successful, your use of it could be taken to mean that this time, they would successfully take her down.

Not that it would matter because we live in the age of Krakoa and the resurrection protocols, lol.
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-17-2022 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Uncanny X-men 387 - The sole survivor of the D'Bari attacks Jean for what DP did
    Phoenix Endsong - The Shi'ar come for Jean and the PF to destroy it
    End of Greys - Rachel was used as a standin as the Shi'ar comes for her and the Greys for what DP did to ensure it cant happen again
    Trial of Jean Grey - Teen Jean is put on trial for crimes she has yet to commit.

There might be another story at Im missing but that was alot and it would feel like deja vu to have the Celestials condemn her over it
    This is fair, and you listed the ones I had in mind, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was wondering if Makkari and Iron Man are joining with Jean (again, as shown on the cover) or attacking Jean? I think the Eternals are looking at Mutants as Deviants.

I love seeing those old story pages! Jean was so powerful there, even without her TP.

I can't even imagine the full scope of Jean's powers today, which have grown and grown and grown, besides Jean's increased skill and experiences using them!
    Exactly! I want her to bring it, dammit!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Lord why was I having flashbacks to the green dress, could you imagine her in that get up on this cover. Thank heavens that long drawn out period is over!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Lord why was I having flashbacks to the green dress, could you imagine her in that get up on this cover. Thank heavens that long drawn out period is over!
    Did you see this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_...26734294654980

Thoughts? Idk, I don't see Jean here but maybe others will see differently. Screenshot_20220516-211836.jpg
    https://movieweb.com/xmen-actors-mcu/amp/
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation