Page 130 of 473 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 7090

Freelance illustrator Jahnoy Lindsay shared this an hour ago:

love russell dauterman’s design for jean’s new costume! 😍🔥 had to take a moment away from work to get this one out. 🙏🏾💪🏾❤️
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jahnoyl/s...73771616292876

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

the headpiece is becoming bigger and bigger- lol but I like it here.

Thanks for sharing! By chance, do you have links to these interviews? I’d love to read them.
    No problem. The CBR one should still be up there was a series of 12 AvX interviews. I know stuff was lost during the CBR purge but I think they should still exist. I don't save the links. The marvel.com one I don't know they seem to purge their website every few years

I like this a lot and it reminds me of when Jean would lift something extremely heavy with her TK.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The change in facial expression was a choice lol

I adore you!

I didn't want to jump ahead in my recap of Jean's history as Phoenix/White Phoenix, but you've inadvertently prompted me to do so, so what the hell.

Let me preface what I am about to write by saying this: Jean was more intertwined in those "rubbish stories" than people realize.

NOTE: I believe Jean came closest to achieving apotheosis after she became the White Phoenix of the Crown, around the time of Phoenix Endsong. That event culminated with her being made to feel a significant portion of the love she gave and received while on Earth—a fundamental step in shedding the mortal coil and ego on the road to apotheosis. Moreover, I believe achieving apotheosis is an ongoing process for Jean and intrinsic to her mythos.

That being said, years after Phoenix Endsong, Jean as the White Phoenix saved and warned Emma to "prepare" for the coming of the Phoenix Force in its destructive state, which Emma later recalled when she saw a Phoenix raptor manifest around Hope. (Perhaps, to test Emma, this was Jean sharing with her that Hope was the chosen vessel meant to play a pivotal role in subduing the Phoenix Force.)

I really appreciate the stroll down memory lane, thanks so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Fraction did two interviews during AvX one on CBR and one on Marvel.com saying how clever he felt by seeding ideas that the Phoenix was coming but he also said that wasn't Jean. It was a nightmare hallucination and Emma broke out of it herself. Which is why she says I've beaten it after. Frosr had 3 premonitions in his run two came true. (Phoenix and Sentry) One with Shaw and Hope did not

AvX CBR entry 9 I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Which absolutely reeks of editorial interference. We know already that the plan up til a certain point - likely the MOMENT her powers were revealed in Second Coming - that Hope was meant to be Jean in the first place, and Jason Aaron said at the same time that his Jean appearance was decided after the fact that it wasn't really Jean. Alonso was incredibly against bringing Jean back, not anyone else.

If it walks like a Phoenix and quacks like a Phoenix it's a Phoenix. Just because the editors came in later and were like "WELL ACKSHULLY..." doesn't make it any different. Marvel were afraid of bringing Jean back then, and in particular as Phoenix. That's the entire reason the O5 were brought to the present as they were.
    THANK YOU!! If you didn't comment this I would have 1st interviews have no basis on what occurs in comics, 2nd even back then it made no sense at all. That the PF would not only appear to rescue a helpless Emma, but take on Jean's form and say "I get that a lot" in response to being called Maddie. Or worst, we're supposed to believe that Emma had a vision of the PF, appearing as Jean who she thought was Maddie, but really is just a vision which Emma had that always gets confused for Jean...is that the explanation Matt Fraction was trying to convince readers that he "seeded" or was this simply the works of a hack that obsessed over Scott and Emma, unfortunately leaving Emma with little development?

That entire period was a mess and we'll never know for sure one way or the other however, the excuses they would use to explain away Jean teases were absolutely editorially mandated. There's not a character before or since who Marvel was so adamant that they be tied to specific rules while dead!

Moreover, I would side-eye anything mentioned by that particular poster in regards to Jean and Emma...

Thanks for sharing! By chance, do you have links to these interviews? I’d love to read them.

You would get a kick out of those interviews, I remember they teased that Jean was Mutant Zero even having her manifest a Phoenix Raptor...only to then play coy and state "I wonder how anyone could have confused Jean for Mary Typhoid"...

Another example would be AOX, where Mike Carey wanted to use Revenant as a Jean shard and was also told no! So while I don't personally think Mike Carey would lie, I definitely think things were changing on an ongoing basis and the books around that time reflected it!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-23-2022 at 12:48 PM.

I'm in a rush, so I'll reply to specific posts/replies later. (I have a handful of things to say.) However, I wanted to share these moments from X Deaths of Wolverine:

“A nuclear warhead.” ☝️🏼😌 I got a little emotional about this alternate future, though.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

We’ve got publicity from our very own CBR.com:

The X-Men’s Latest Dark Future Confirms the Team’s Most Dangerous Member

https://www.cbr.com/omega-wolverine-...ous-x-man/amp/

Spectacular Member

Judgement Day cover artist Mark Brooks opened a twitter vote on who should be highlighted on the next Judgement Day cover he is about to work on. Cable and Jean are X-Men options, while Ironman is there as well as Makkari. It's down to Makkari vs Jean so let's vote Jean

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...01293418979330

Attachment 119547

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    Judgement Day cover artist Mark Brooks opened a twitter vote on who should be highlighted on the next Judgement Day cover he is about to work on. Cable and Jean are X-Men options, while Ironman is there as well as Makkari. It's down to Makkari vs Jean so let's vote Jean

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...01293418979330

Attachment 119547
    Makkari in front of Jean? :O

From Life of Wolverine #10:

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I voted. Also, I just tweeted this (Please vote and like and RT the following:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_...81568723795975

It's a tight race between Jean and Makkari, who now holds only a .4% lead over Jean. Let's tip the scales!

Also, @MarkBrooksArt, if either holds such a slim lead by the end of the poll, I petition for the cover to be centered on both of them. It could be a very cool moment.☝️🏼😌

Thanks for the heads up! I voted. Also, I just tweeted this (Please vote and like and RT the following:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_...81568723795975

Thanks for sharing this. I cast my vote!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm in a rush, so I'll reply to specific posts/replies later. (I have a handful of things to say.) However, I wanted to share these moments from X Deaths of Wolverine:

“A nuclear warhead.” ☝️���� I got a little emotional about this alternate future, though.

love and hate it. Because we know by now that Jean Grey is immortal. Poison really won't kill her. She can just keep her psyche alive and recreates her body telekinetically. So, I feel like as great as the comparison with a "nuclear warhead" is, it is still ridiculous to kill her with poison...sorry but no sorry! Percy, you still do not get Jean Grey...