Page 75 of 473 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 7090

Jean stay shutting Sabretooth up

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean stay shutting Sabretooth up

Doesnt she and the whole team job to him after this? And she forgets she has tk again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Doesnt she and the whole team job to him after this? And she forgets she has tk again.
    Yeah he breaks free and says they should have brought another telepath

Although it's all in a dream IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Although it's all in a dream IIRC
    Correct. spoilers:
    That confrontation with the X-Men and almost the whole issue is basically a fantasy in Creed's head. Krakoa thought he was judged too harshly, so Doug/Krakoa gives him some leniency by allowing him mental freedom while his body remains imprisoned. In his fantasy, he kills a ton of other people (including all the feral characters, Prof X, Iron Fist, and the rest of the Quiet Council), becomes a Conan-like king, and joins the Starjammers.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    In what story he wrote them?
    I think that's more a reference to someone's level of saltiness than anything else. When Gillen wrote X-Men Jean was busy being in editorial's fridge. Although in his final issue Jean did say something from beyond and help snap Scott out of his Flaming Cosmic Turkey possession. I think it did more than all the punching, anyways. Gawd, that event was such a cluster....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think that's more a reference to someone's level of saltiness than anything else. When Gillen wrote X-Men Jean was busy being in editorial's fridge. Although in his final issue Jean did say something from beyond and help snap Scott out of his Flaming Cosmic Turkey possession. I think it did more than all the punching, anyways. Gawd, that event was such a cluster....
    Ahhh I see, is that issue he was on the Moon (with a “Jean” made of like.. sand or something?) ?

And yeah, horrible event. Wish I could delete it from my mind lol.

Nah, at the end when Scott went full dark Phoenix and was ascending to the white hot room, Jean spoke to him

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Ahhh I see, is that issue he was on the Moon (with a “Jean” made of like.. sand or something?) ?

And yeah, horrible event. Wish I could delete it from my mind lol.
    No, last moments in Gillen's final issue. DP Scott breaks into the stupidly named afterlife space and Jean tells him "Tell Logan I love the name of the School" and one other thing that I can't actually remember word for word. It was the last issue of the Extinction Team in Uncanny, and it did do a good job showcasing the sensory overload Scott was in - like him knowing the exact weight of the lunch Hank had before the fight and other bits of useless knowledge.

Gillen did an excellent job with that whole run, although it was rather short. Hence why people think he might dona good job with Jean, or really anyone else he writes. He has done well before, often being the only actually good thing in a crapfest. See AvX: Consequences for more proof of that.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 02-02-2022 at 12:41 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

to clarify about moon-Jean, that was in the AvX Infinite (the ones where it's a single panel scrolling through action kind of like a motion comic) tie-in comics. Issue #6 to be precise.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    LOL one of my favorite moments with Jean actually came from one of the X-Men novels from the 90s, the Mutant Empire trilogy in specific. Jean, Scott, Warren, Rogue and Remy are on another planet fighting a bunch of the Imperial Guard because Reasons Named Deathbird, and Jean gets 'locked' into psychic combat with Oracle. Like, the text does a good job of clarifying that Oracle is just NOT on Jean's level, and the only reason she's holding her off even as long as she is stems from her just getting lucky in getting the drop on her when Jean was busy with Gladiator and so she got her 'telepathic hooks' in deeper past Jean's shields than Jean expected she was even capable of, and so its taking Jean a little while to dig them out.

But the point is, and what always felt like classic Jean to me, is so we had this scene where Jean and Oracle are literally standing ten feet apart from each other, motionless as they're just fighting telepathically in a way nobody else can see.....and Jean just gets bored with the fight, walks the ten feet across to where Oracle is and just decks her and knocks her out.

Really love that energy. Jean being like yes I am a nigh all powerful telepath and telekinetic, yes I will still just one punch your ass if that's faster, next question.

THIS right here is why for all his faults Morrison's Jean will always be my favorite, she's never had another writer who explored her entire self so in-depthly while consistently adding small nuances to her character. The image below is a perfect example of how Morrison would balance her character so that she didn't fall into the narrative trap of "goody-two-shoes" as she has the majority of this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No dress!

YAYAYAYAYA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So what are the chances Jean and Echo are actually going to have some manful interaction in this about the Phoenix? Or do we think they will just "guy nod" at each other and keep it movin?

Also, Jean is not dumb! She knows good and damn well if she wore that dress in front of Arishem that it's automatically GUILTY!
    I doubt they'll even converse, look forward to being surprised but I couldn't imagine a world where the time was taken for them to discuss something so personal to Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Can we try to come up with a new code name for Jean, how about the name Cerebra ???
    Anyone else have any suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think Marvel Woman would be the best if she has to go by a new codename.

Agreed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do like Marvel Woman. I don't think it sounds clunky at all--not like some other suggested names for Jean have been.

But I did not know old Maddy Pryor had used it before, so I don't want Jean using a recycled name of another character.
    I feel like Jean was referred to as Marvel Woman first, even if accidently!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    THIS right here is why for all his faults Morrison's Jean will always be my favorite, she's never had another writer who explored her entire self so in-depthly while consistently adding small nuances to her character. The image below is a perfect example of how Morrison would balance her character so that she didn't fall into the narrative trap of "goody-two-shoes" as she has the majority of this era.

I feel like Jean was referred to as Marvel Woman first, even if accidently!
    Yes, Jean might have been, but like the Green Dress, I feel that it is best now left behind as Jean forges forward as Omega-Omega in her new costume! We need a new name, not used, formerly used, or clunky (as most suggested ones have been), something new, fresh and Powerful!

Jean was shown as a most capable fighter when she decked Manta. It wasn't just a one-shot either, Jean employed good fighting techniques. If I remember correctly, all of this occurred while suffering from severe Nanite poisoning too, while steering 75 people against their frightened wills into a sheltered area for their protection from the Shi'ar attack and while storing Xavier's consciousness in her mind, losing very few memories in the process!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 02-02-2022 at 02:11 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

I doubt they'll even converse, look forward to being surprised but I couldn't imagine a world where the time was taken for them to discuss something so personal to Jean.
    It's sad that I believe you are 100% correct. It's mind boggling how they could ignore the fact that Jean and the current user of the force are literally a couple feet apart, but as you said it probably wont be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, Jean might have been, but like the Green Dress, I feel that it is best now left behind as Jean forges forward as Omega-Omega in her new costume! We need a new name, not used, formerly used, or clunky (as most suggested ones have been), something new, fresh and Powerful!

Jean was shown as a most capable fighter when she decked Manta. It wasn't just a one-shot either, Jean employed good fighting techniques. If I remember correctly, all of this occurred while suffering from severe Nanite poisoning too, while steering 75 people against their frightened wills into a sheltered area for their protection from the Shi'ar attack and while storing Xavier's consciousness in her mind, losing very few memories in the process!
    Tbh I never got why telepaths are often seen as incapable H2H fighters. If anything I'd be more scared to fight a telepath in H2H than a "true" H2H fighter. I get that muscle memory is a thing but tbh given how time damn near stands to a stop when the story calls for it, a telepath could be a master of several fighting styles before the second punch is thrown.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

It's sad that I believe you are 100% correct. It's mind boggling how they could ignore the fact that Jean and the current user of the force are literally a couple feet apart, but as you said it probably wont be addressed.

Tbh I never got why telepaths are often seen as incapable H2H fighters. If anything I'd be more scared to fight a telepath in H2H than a "true" H2H fighter. I get that muscle memory is a thing but tbh given how time damn near stands to a stop when the story calls for it, a telepath could be a master of several fighting styles before the second punch is thrown.
    I'm honestly surprised Claremont in particular has never done more with that concept in his use of Marvel telepaths, because he wrote a short-lived volume of Gen13 (a Wildstorm property) which had a telepathic character named Janelle who predominantly focused on hand to hand fighting, using 'combat telepathy' to do exactly what you're describing and just anticipate their next moves, telepathically staying one step ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm honestly surprised Claremont in particular has never done more with that concept in his use of Marvel telepaths, because he wrote a short-lived volume of Gen13 (a Wildstorm property) which had a telepathic character named Janelle who predominantly focused on hand to hand fighting, using 'combat telepathy' to do exactly what you're describing and just anticipate their next moves, telepathically staying one step ahead of them.
    Exactly!

I'd just re-work that idea for Marvel since it seems you can waltz into your local corner store and get a telepathic blocker/scrambler strong enough to keep Xavier using Cerebro while on Kick out of your mind.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Never underestimate anyone. They just may surprise you!

Not only that time could be slowed down by a telepath, but someone who has been adventuring as long as Jean, from such an early age, having been mentored by Xavier who was very knowledgeable in many areas and having Hank's smart advice on nutrition and exercise, Jean--as the rest of the team--would be in great physical shape. We may not get to see it often, but they do exercise regularly as well as know hand-to-hand combat, to keep themselves tip-top.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!