Page 151 of 473 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 7090

Here, Jarrod Chilton goes for a 90s-uniform-inspired “subdermal implant-like,” almost symbiote feel:

Alex Buckland keeps it chic and simple with a uniform that echoes Alex Ross’ now classic and infamous unused Jean design:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Next up Dillon Snook draws inspiration “from her most notable costumes” to fashion an old-school if subtly avant-garde look:

Kal Huset gives Jean’s X-Men: Evolution design “a modern aesthetic”:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Going for more casual uniforms that mix various elements of Jean’s past designs, Valentine M. Smith's looks scream, “Try it.”

Luis Ramos Rosas drew inspiration from Jean’s X-Men: Evolution uniform and the Power Rangers' Gold Zeo Ranger for a fun, sporty look.

BANNED

Reinfurt with head #4 is cool.

Huset looks the most professional and has a nice bit of modern to go along with the Evolution callback.

The ones that are just "90s but make it ______________!" need to go in the ______________.

I don't like any of them. oops.

That's some cool Customes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Here, Jarrod Chilton goes for a 90s-uniform-inspired “subdermal implant-like,” almost symbiote feel:

Now that’s pretty cool. Surprising to me that with Forge essentially creating Krakoan plant-tech weaponry that he hasn’t created functional armor like this for the X-Force uniforms.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Characters getting out of their comfort zone can be really interesting and can possibly mean growth. Saying that, I don't think X-men Red concept is good for Jean at all.
    True, when headed by a clear and concise directive, that is most definitely not always true for the X-men in fact the first part of your statement is precisely why many readers have felt character voices in the last few years felt off.

While I disagree with your suggestion that Red and Immortal “would be the worse books” for Jean—I have full confidence in Ewing and Gillen’s abilities—I agree with your assessment of X-Men. As I’ve repeatedly stated in this and other threads, I consider and think Marvel is pushing the aforementioned titles as the flagship fleet or trio of the franchise, hence why they each include X-Men in the title. Moreover, while Duggan was somewhat constrained by several events that were ongoing during year one of X-Men, he still managed to successfully introduce new characters and plot lines and make the series feel as if it were building to something, which will apparently crescendo throughout the next three issues.

As we enter the Destiny of X era and head into Judgment Day, I believe that not only will X-Men but also all of the other titles sharpen their focus and deepen their exploration of the characters and their dynamics, and the myriad ongoing themes and concepts. I know some fans lost hope and simply gave up reading during the Hickman run, which was a time of drastic shifts and changes—this can be thrilling to some fans and disheartening to others—but I really believe we’re heading into the beginning of the payoff to those shifts and changes. Lastly, X-Men, in particular, seems like it will be in the middle of it all. I’m excited.

While I don't think the narrative in Red or Immortal is a good fit for Jean, I don't doubt Ewing and Gillen's abilities. I've simply not felt anything from either of them thus far that leads me to think that Jean would have consistent focus in either of those book. Maybe that changes in a few months, oddly enough I absolutely believe that both would make room and do wonderful things with Cyclops.

BANNED

Alex Buckland keeps it chic and simple with a uniform that echoes Alex Ross’ now classic and infamous unused Jean design:

ooo... I like this one.

I stopped posting Jean’s designs yesterday because I had to get to work on some academic projects that are due soon. (I can't believe I make Jean such a priority in my life, but as silly and insane as it may sound, as probably my favorite fictional character, she's that important to me! lmao.)

Aiming for looks befitting a “mutant ambassador” and “the X-Men’s elder statesmen,” respectively, Josh Cornillon (top) chose to upgrade Jean’s green dress with nods to Miu Miu and Rachel Antonoff, while Karen Charm (bottom) put Jean in a distinguished (“gray!”) suit subtly referencing her past looks.

Hector Barros designed a look for some of “the quintessential X-Man”’s most notable eras, including her first stint as an X-Man, the current period, and the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix eras, creating a sleek and modern “template for the next generations to model their costumes.”

Referring to Jean as “the denmother of all mutantdom,” Christian Tomas fashioned three looks for her: a modern take on the green dress (left); a fusion of her armored looks and Hellfire Gala ensemble (center); and a Mugler- and Dark Phoenix-inspired catsuit (right):

Choosing to focus on modernizing Jean’s once iconic and now iconoclastic green dress, David Hughes (davidjhughes on Instagram) went for a “strong and structured” look (top), while Kameron Youngblood opted for a Marvel Girl-turned-Marvel Woman Krakoa aesthetic (bottom):

Was that a Freudian slip when you said it drips tomorrow rather than drops?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Well Jean gets a shout out feat in marauders an a sort of placement of red in history vs. Krakoa start. She also appears for a page to lay some law with a bit of "bullying". makes me very curious how Orlando would write Jean.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Was that a Freudian slip when you said it drips tomorrow rather than drops?
    I think I was referring to Cassie, lol. (See next reply.)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well Jean gets a shout out feat in marauders an a sort of placement of red in history vs. Krakoa start. She also appears for a page to lay some law with a bit of "bullying". makes me very curious how Orlando would write Jean.
    It was a good moment. I loved Jean's first line.

Also, Shelfdust just published a piece by Kayleigh Hearn. It's a veritable love letter to Jean—an incisive analysis of X-Men #28—in which declares, "Jean Grey is the Best Mutant," highlighting how Xavier's first student represents change, the rebuilding of the self, and the ability to "rise again and challenge the darkness."

Here are some quotes from the piece: