Page 30 of 473 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The dust jacket for the upcoming Phoenix, Vol. 1 omnibus has been released. I preordered this months ago. May/June can't come soon enough!

What I like about this book is that it is not just simply All-New X-Men from the beginning, but the issues that are important to Jean and Jean as Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The dust jacket for the upcoming Phoenix, Vol. 1 omnibus has been released. I preordered this months ago. May/June can't come soon enough!

Now and forever she is Phoenix…..well, Marvel disagrees with that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What I like about this book is that it is not just simply All-New X-Men from the beginning, but the issues that are important to Jean and Jean as Phoenix.
    I know! It's going to be great having a collection that includes the Classic X-Men backstories and ALL of Phoenix's appearances during her original run. I really hope they plan to release Vol. 2 and that it includes the Seagle, Claremont (Revelation), Morrison et al. eras that came after, perhaps capped off with Phoenix Endsong, Phoenix Resurrection, etc.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I know! It's going to be great having a collection that includes the Classic X-Men backstories and ALL of Phoenix's appearances during her original run. I really hope they plan to release Vol. 2 and that it includes the Seagle, Claremont (Revelation), Morrison et al. eras that came after, perhaps capped off with Phoenix Endsong, Phoenix Resurrection, etc.
    Might be too murky of waters once Jean returned with the Great Retcon, and a number of those stories never fully came to fruition, for a cohesive collection to be made. Most stalled out at the beginning of every having a beginning before being derailed and never followed up upon.

Might be fun to try to stitch something together...hell, go for broke and throw in HIDDEN YEARS Jean/Phoenix buildup...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Might be too murky of waters once Jean returned with the Great Retcon, and a number of those stories never fully came to fruition, for a cohesive collection to be made. Most stalled out at the beginning of every having a beginning before being derailed and never followed up upon.

Might be fun to try to stitch something together...hell, go for broke and throw in HIDDEN YEARS Jean/Phoenix buildup...
    Actually, Jean's trajectory as Phoenix is quite simple to stitch together. I'll have to share my thoughts on it later--I have to rush to a meeting now--but it's one of the reasons I don't mind the retcon.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Getting a Vol 1 is great news! I also hope for a Vol 2 and even 3, lol! Hey, it could happen! Maybe even some New "untold" stories of Jean as Phoenix!

Edit: What I just noticed, and wish it was included but it seems to be missing: That issue of Jean as Phoenix and the X-Men from Iron Fist. Darn!!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-12-2022 at 11:03 AM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Yes, I would love to see all of these Jean / Jean-Phoenix issues for a Vol 2 and maybe even Vol 3. Also include any What-Ifs? (there are more with Phoenix than the one included in Vol 1), some X-Factor issues, Bizarre Adventures, etc. Any comic that had Jean as Phoenix should be in these volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Getting a Vol 1 is great news! I also hope for a Vol 2 and even 3, lol! Hey, it could happen! Maybe even some New "untold" stories of Jean as Phoenix!

Edit: What I just noticed, and wish it was included but it seems to be missing: That issue of Jean as Phoenix and the X-Men from Iron Fist. Darn!!
    We need to be in charge of these compilations, lol. The Iron Fist appearance would have been a good one. Also, in Vol. 2, along with the issues already mentioned (e.g., Fantastic Four and X-Men: The Hidden Year's), I would throw in her 8-page story from Marvel Presents and Scott's Classic X-Men backstory, in which she discovers him.

Iron Fist:

Marvel Presents:

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Now and forever she is Phoenix…..well, Marvel disagrees with that. lol
    In our hearts, she will always be

I don't need to think about whether or not i will accept anything if i'm told Jean will never be phoenix because as canon states "now and forever she is phoenix." i can accept 1 million bc, echo phoenix etc etc, but there will never be another phoenix as popular as Jean, no other character will ever be tied to the creation of Phoenix and all research will always lead back to Jean. So my answer would be i don't need someone else to acknowledge something that will live in my heart forever more. I can silently smile and say keep trying. In honesty i usually find the attempts at trying to "find a better phoenix" entertaining but not for the expected reason. Mjjonir will also belong to thor no matter who wields it, pretty much the same concept. But what i can do is accept it and not need to continuously mention Jean connection to it because i have my memories and that's enough.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Just to add, the more Marvel tries to create a new phoenix the more it has to explain the phoenix which is never a good thing for any cosmic entity. At this point it looks like a parasite and that will have to be explained more so than it's connection. How many times can the story of the phoenix be retold, in truth Jean does not suffer from losing phoenix but phoenix does suffer losing Jean. So i think a more appropriate question would be "does the phoenix really matter without Jean?" My answer would be i don't think so. Even with rachel a lot of the excitement was still because of the connection to Jean. Jean is actually more popular than the phoenix but the phoenix is what people want to make popular.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

We need to be in charge of these compilations, lol. The Iron Fist appearance would have been a good one. Also, in Vol. 2, along with the issues already mentioned (e.g., Fantastic Four and X-Men: The Hidden Year's), I would throw in her 8-page story from Marvel Presents and Scott's Classic X-Men backstory, in which she discovers him.

Iron Fist:

Marvel Presents:

Ya know, right, lol?! Yes, ALL of these should be included.

It is too late for the Iron Fist one to be included, but not the other 2 for Vol 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't need to think about whether or not i will accept anything if i'm told Jean will never be phoenix because as canon states "now and forever she is phoenix." i can accept 1 million bc, echo phoenix etc etc, but there will never be another phoenix as popular as Jean, no other character will ever be tied to the creation of Phoenix and all research will always lead back to Jean. So my answer would be i don't need someone else to acknowledge something that will live in my heart forever more. I can silently smile and say keep trying. In honesty i usually find the attempts at trying to "find a better phoenix" entertaining but not for the expected reason. Mjjonir will also belong to thor no matter who wields it, pretty much the same concept. But what i can do is accept it and not need to continuously mention Jean connection to it because i have my memories and that's enough.
    In a childish way, I’m even a bit happy that Marvel keeps failing in their attempts to make random characters Phoenixes, resulting in mediocre stories with no soul, bc that means Jean still reigns supreme and her prestige as the OG increases lol.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 01-12-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh, you! What an endearing post. You made me smile, and I actually felt my eyes sting… :*)