Page 320 of 473 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 7090
    BANNED

I was just following her IG because, "hey, attractive redhead woman, why not follow?" but then...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfhIYGWp...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Never thought about this before, but modeling looks highly uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 07-03-2022 at 06:50 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What power does the QC actually exert? Serious question.

Sitting at that council table Jean had no real power - same with Storm, Nightcrawler, Shaw, Kate, Exodus - or voice, other than to give an opinion then say "Aye" or "Nay". Which is why Storm, Nightcrawler, Kate and Jean are off starring in their own books.

As it stands the QC is a farce - like most real world government Councils and Parliaments, (and woefully ironic considering Hickman's intent was to not have Krakoa be governed like any other of the MU's countries)...constructed to be entertaining but lacking in depth, seriousness and actual agency.

There's been dissention, lots of snark, self-interests and personal agendas taking precedence, some attempts at discussion and decision-making that ultimately end with the members going off and doing their own things anyway. It's a fucking mess really...and why Gillen finds it so fascinating to explore in IXM and even now it's centred on Sinister's nonsense. And Destiny's contention (which I have to admit, she is the only reason I'm still reading it)...everyone else are seat warmers.

Thank the Goddess Jean is out of that mess and actually doing something of note and value that will should actually benefit ALL of krakoa and mutants.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-03-2022 at 07:41 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Sitting at that council table Jean had no real power - same with Storm, Nightcrawler, Shaw, Kate, Exodus - or voice, other than to say "Aye" or "Nay". Which is why Storm, Nightcrawler, Kate and Jean are off starring in their own books.

As it stands the QC is a farce (like most real world government Councils and Parliaments, truth to tell)...constructed to be entertaining but lacking in depth and seriousness.
    There's been dissention, lots of snark, self-interests and personal agendas taking precedence, some attempts at discussion and decision-making that ultimately end with the members going off and doing their own things anyway. It's a fucking mess really...and why Gillen finds it so fascinating to explore in IXM and even now it's centred on Sinister's nonsense. And Destiny's contention (which I have to admit, she is the only reason I'm still reading it)...everyone else are seat warmers.

Thank the Goddess Jean is out of that mess and actually doing something of note and value that will should actually benefit ALL of krakoa and mutants.
    They have as much power and say as a writer chooses to give them. If said writer chooses to silence them in order to get the story they are trying to tell across then that is the writers choice. So as it stands sure, but lets not act like that isn't still a conscious choice.

And storm is in that mess and still doing something of note so i don't get this either or mentality when that hasn't been the case for a single other member. Xavier getting around just fine as is kitty and the rest. So they may seat warm now but who knows what could happen tomorrow or next month while they still doing them.

I mean taking it to the next level with Hope on the council she actually has some semblance of control over every council member aside from Storm who now no longer has a back up. And as we've seen with Selene she has the means and mutant of power backing her up to make things go her way. Not saying she would be that's the potential she has and Jean could have been there keeping an eye on things but as said she isn't. But i've said my view, it's not going to change anything but like for Storm, i rather they just seat warm and wait for a writer that actually wants to explore them all for the right reasons other than as a way to foster change they want to see.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-03-2022 at 07:46 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Exactatiously....as much power and voice as the writers are willing to give them. Which Hickman didn't do during his time on X-Men for most of the QC not just Jean. Or Gillen now in IXM where he's focusing on Sinister, Destiny and to an extent Hope and Exodus.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-03-2022 at 01:04 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Exactatiously....as much power and voice as the writers are willing to give them. Which Hickman didn't do during his time on X-Men for most of the QC not just Jean. Or Gillen now in IXM where he's focusing on Sinister, Destiny and to an extent Hope and Exodus.
    To be fair, there is a small sub-plot regarding the trustworthiness of Xavier. It’s not the most in-depth of plot, but it is showing the consequences of Xavier’s actions. Compared to before, where he was basically the voice of the Council, he now has to get into large arguments to get his point across, only for the council to vote against him.

We can point out that Sinister should be getting this same treatment, but to be fair, I don’t think anyone takes Sinister seriously on that council and prefer to ignore him. (Which is equally as dangerous as giving him power, but hey, everyone aside from Emma and Destiny have been too absorbed in what’s going on with them to actually pay attention to Sinister)

But we aren’t supposed to expect that from Xavier (even though we do nowadays) because he is supposed to be the leading example like he used to be in 60’s-2000’s era. So, while we root for the downfall of Sinister, we have the satisfaction of Xavier, once more, not getting away with playing god for the……how many times has this been?

Sitting at that council table Jean had no real power - same with Storm, Nightcrawler, Shaw, Kate, Exodus - or voice, other than to give an opinion then say "Aye" or "Nay". Which is why Storm, Nightcrawler, Kate and Jean are off starring in their own books.

As it stands the QC is a farce - like most real world government Councils and Parliaments, (and woefully ironic considering Hickman's intent was to not have Krakoa be governed like any other of the MU's countries)...constructed to be entertaining but lacking in depth, seriousness and actual agency.

I wouldn’t say she didn’t have a voice. She did make the first law for Krakoa. I think a lot of could’ve been done with her. To me Jean is probably one of the most opinionated characters from the franchise. More so than a lot of the council members.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I wouldn’t say she didn’t have a voice. She did make the first law for Krakoa. I think a lot of could’ve been done with her. To me Jean is probably one of the most opinionated characters from the franchise. More so than a lot of the council members.
    Agreed.

But as JWat said...It was a conscious decision by the writers to not use her in that manner because she's not the main focus nor is her voice the catalyst by which they want to drive the story they're telling. I was never oblivious to the fact that she's not being utilised on the council because Hickman (at the time) had no use for her. (That's why she said what she said and bounced) And I'm okies with that, because it's not as though he did anything grand and significant with the other council members anyways other than come up with three rather indeterminate Laws, that are currently being fleshed out in other books not connected directly to the QC.

Could Hickman have done something more substantial with the QC? Sure. But that was never his goal.
    Would Gillen be able to turn it into a substantial governing body (once the Sinister Show is done)? I suppose, we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    To be fair, there is a small sub-plot regarding the trustworthiness of Xavier. It’s not the most in-depth of plot, but it is showing the consequences of Xavier’s actions. Compared to before, where he was basically the voice of the Council, he now has to get into large arguments to get his point across, only for the council to vote against him.

We can point out that Sinister should be getting this same treatment, but to be fair, I don’t think anyone takes Sinister seriously on that council and prefer to ignore him. (Which is equally as dangerous as giving him power, but hey, everyone aside from Emma and Destiny have been too absorbed in what’s going on with them to actually pay attention to Sinister)

But we aren’t supposed to expect that from Xavier (even though we do nowadays) because he is supposed to be the leading example like he used to be in 60’s-2000’s era. So, while we root for the downfall of Sinister, we have the satisfaction of Xavier, once more, not getting away with playing god for the……how many times has this been?
    Now that the Moira secret is out in the open of course they're holding Charles to task...Emma was right in that regard when everything blew up at the end of Inferno. And finally they're looking very closely at Sinister, at least Destiny is, so it's not that he's being ignored, finally (I just wish I cared at this point because I'm so over him.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I like all the X-Men references in this show.

If this is the Duffer Brothers' way of applying to direct the X-Men movies for Marvel Studios, I say hire them NOW!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Like a moth to a flame...

I did say I'd pop in to share relevant news. (I haven't read any posts since my last post, so forgive me if I don't respond. I still love you all, you little minions.)

AIPT X-Men Monday previews:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/04/x-...uggan-x-men-1/
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I'm very curious. Jean on the front lines against the Eternals, I hope she hits them so hard they end up in the DC Universe

FJ-uQi9WYAkSsV5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I did say I'd pop in to share relevant news. (I haven't read any posts since my last post, so forgive me if I don't respond. I still love you all, you little minions.)

I love her facial expression at the bottom there, lol...thanks for posting Mercury

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So jean had to walk away from power to find her voice? Well okay. Because no one on krakoa is really listening now
    I don't mind her story I'm just asking the reason she had to step away to be heard but then you have people like Irene, mystique, Exodus and sinister that are getting their voice across and still doing what they want. I don't think she had to leave one to create the other but it is what it is. If most jean fans happy with that cool but it definitely to ook story away from jean imo.

There is less conflict between jean and being on the council and xmen and hope being on the council and having resurrections as her thing. But at least I guess it absolves jean from any choices the council make.
    Jean was voted leader of the XMen and give a leadership spot because she ran for the office via the public vote of all mutant kind.

That’s gaining power. She didn’t want to be held back as a superhero by QC politics. So she and Cyclops relaunched the XMen. Cyclops is still a war commander and Jean put the telepathic vote together to launch the XMen.

Now Jean is going to shower true power ny batting the Eternals. Who needs the QC?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/04/x-...uggan-x-men-1/
    For a bit more context Uranus is in that large construct with other Eternals.

BANNED

We will not know for sure until this fall, but it’s quite possible Jean could become Phoenix again. We should discuss positive outcomes as well as negative outcomes, as clearly there is diversity of opinion and thought.

And remember, no one needs validation from others here.

I am excited due to upcoming developments from Jean. If someone isn’t excited, fine, it has not I got to do with what I feel.

Looking forward to Judgement Day.