Page 251 of 473 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 7090
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

About the "weakest" controversy:

- In-story: it's Scott who is thinking that. He doesn't only think in terms of raw power, but also experience as a combatant. Jean was the last one to join the team. As much as she had both the raw power and the control over her abilities, as a combatant, she was the newbie of the team when she joined. I don't think it was meant to be disparaging (source: my brain, which is weird like his). It was just a fact. Something that expressed his amazement at how much she had improved in every way.

- Outside the story: I agree with Mercury. It's just CC's way to highlight how powerful Phoenix is.

But moving on before I regret having written this...

@Mercury: here is another Jean-Ro hug for the collection. It happens on the background of the scene, but Jean looks happy to meet her sis again, doesn't she? Such a heartfelt hug. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hmmn. Thank you my friend. I believe you Mercury! ....but I don't know....seems like one of the endless "Jean" fans that really are not.

You have listed so many scenes of Jean's early power displays, described them over and over, along with myself and others, but some here continually come on and say the same things in the opposite to what is shown, downplaying Jean.

I mean, imagine if he went on Storm's thread and said she was weak, chile, he would be eaten alive! Send flowers, lol!
    I completely understand your skepticism. Hell, I've questioned a few Jean fans on here myself. But I can assure you, Lukemendes is cool. As for Ororo's thread, one thing I admire about the fans that post there is their ability and willingness to band together to defend 'Ro. Then again, while I have complained about detractors in this thread, I think their views can generate discourse and are important, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

- In-story: it's Scott who is thinking that. He doesn't only think in terms of raw power, but also experience as a combatant. Jean was the last one to join the team. As much as she had both the raw power and the control over her abilities, as a combatant, she was the newbie of the team when she joined. I don't think it was meant to be disparaging (source: my brain, which is weird like his). It was just a fact. Something that expressed his amazement at how much she had improved in every way.

- Outside the story: I agree with Mercury. It's just CC's way to highlight how powerful Phoenix is.
    As usual, you bring fresh insights to the discussion. I agree with both the perspectives you present above. In fact, I thought the same thing and imagine Claremont wrote that line "in character." I mean, that is what a writer should do.

@Mercury: here is another Jean-Ro hug for the collection. It happens on the background of the scene, but Jean looks happy to meet her sis again, doesn't she? Such a heartfelt hug. <3

I'm glad you shared your takes. Everyone should feel comfortable sharing their views and perspectives in this thread, as long as things remain respectful and considerate.

As for that hug, I remember and love it. It's from X-Treme, no? This took me back to this moment from X-Treme X-Men:

Jean helps Rogue and Storm, whose souls have left their bodies and float between life and death. From X-Treme X-Men #18 (2002):

Last edited by Mercury; 05-24-2022 at 09:56 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Underscoring their deep bond, Ororo introduces Jean to the spirits of her parents.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    As for that hug, I remember and love it. It's from X-Treme, no?
    New X-Men #132.

New X-Men #132.
    Thanks, love!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She should call her Anna Marie if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Perhaps Jean was following Rogue's lead—she called her Phoenix—in the formalities and didn't want to be presumptuous. In either case, they're family.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    That X-treme X-Men issue is from 2002...Rogue's name wasn't revealed until 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    That X-treme X-Men issue is from 2002...Rogue's name wasn't revealed until 2004
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    Absolutely beautiful ��

/dead

10char

BANNED

I think the issue is Jean had such an amazing jump in the feats she could do such as power avatar gate or scan someone on the other side of the planet Scott was shocked. I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m saying this in addition to what you said which was a good point. Scott was just confused by what Jean had become.