Page 275 of 473 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 7090
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    These are the same fans stuck very much in the 1970s, like John Bryne was. Gasp, a woman protagonist in comics? A LGBTQ or non white protagonists.

With Brian Besdoxk busy being a married father and his brother’s number one knight, you literally had people fall apart with Elizabeth Braddock being Captain Britain though it has lasted for about three years at this point. There are people who literally cannot process change. But whatever, it’s their problem.
    I can't fault people for not liking change necessarily, as Jean getting killed off for 15 years or having her powers taken away to promote other characters are technically just changes. But I abhor the restrictive idea of an always-safe and old-school inoffensive and minimized Jean so much. And yeah, I think it's rooted in a very outdated view of female characters that Claremont was intentionally trying to destroy when he made Phoenix in the first place.

It's time for her to be what she was supposed to be 50 years ago. Is that what Gillen is doing? I don't know if he can buck an editorial styling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I can't fault people for not liking change necessarily, as Jean getting killed off for 15 years or having her powers taken away to promote other characters are technically just changes. But I abhor the restrictive idea of an always-safe and old-school inoffensive and minimized Jean so much. And yeah, I think it's rooted in a very outdated view of female characters that Claremont was intentionally trying to destroy when he made Phoenix in the first place.

It's time for her to be what she was supposed to be 50 years ago. Is that what Gillen is doing? I don't know if he can buck an editorial styling.
    Keep in mind Quesada was the editor who kept Jean dead for 15 years. He is gone. Hickman was the one who put Jean in the green dress. He is gone.

These are positive changes. Obviously, killing Jean off was a negative change.

I’d say that with Storm rising to the Regent of Arrako, Betsy Braddock leading the war against Merlyn, Captain Prude rescuing mutants from the Shi’ar, Xandra being Shi’ar Empress you have a number of female protagonists in XMen. I don’t know editorials exact plans for Jean, but progress has already been made.

Fan boys who can’t leave the 70s should never be hired as Marvel writers. Or editors. Or anything, really.

When I criticize old school fans for not being able to deal with change, we don’t have the same society as the 1970s. So of course the books should reflect that. Whatever we have now will be different 10 years from now, and the books will reflect that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

It's a possibility, specially considering they're likely to go for the "Previous adaptation did X, we must do Y to be different", something that was done with Spidey to the point there's no MCU counterpart of Green Goblin.

However, I doubt they'll do anything Phoenix related, at least at first, which might be for the best, X-Men have other stories.
    With the upcoming Deadpool 3 and the incursion storyline, I wouldn't be surprised if they did an adaptation of AvX and made Hope into Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    With the upcoming Deadpool 3 and the incursion storyline, I wouldn't be surprised if they did an adaptation of AvX and made Hope into Phoenix.
    They are definitely going to do AvX at some point. But we’ve only see Professor Xavier in the MCU. They have a lot of work to do before building up to AvX, in terms of introducing the XMen.

Hope, we may see in Deadpool 3. She had a cameo in Deadpool 2.

Found this on Twitter by @xgeek_art. It's just too adorable.

Logan-Jean81.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Let them shame what they want. There's a saying about lions, sheep, and opinions. Maybe not the nicest adage, but that's how I feel about it. They probably think Phoenix Resurrection is a great take on the character lol
    Hey, I do not engage with them. I just rant here. There is a Facebook Jean group where they had a no Phoenix weekend months back because the moderator hates Jean as Phoenix. People like what they like but I notice these fans are usually Scott/Jean shippers. I hate to generalize but after 20 years in the fandom it’s hard not to sometimes. I think for them Jean being Phoenix is a threat to the ship, and I’ve never really understood that perspective.

The online fandom should be an accepting place for fans that like her as Phoenix, don’t want her as Phoenix, loves her with Scott or Wolverine, etc. Maybe I expect too much.

Variant cover for X-Men #15 by Terry and Rachel Dodson, featuring Jean, Miracle Man, and Phoenix.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Variant cover for X-Men #15 by Terry and Rachel Dodson, featuring Jean, Miracle Man, and Phoenix.

Very cool. I always love seeing Terry get the chance to draw Jean. The little Phoenix hint. Looks like Jean is going to have her hands full between the Eternals AND the PF

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Your hair always hydrated

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Hey, I do not engage with them. I just rant here. There is a Facebook Jean group where they had a no Phoenix weekend months back because the moderator hates Jean as Phoenix. People like what they like but I notice these fans are usually Scott/Jean shippers. I hate to generalize but after 20 years in the fandom it’s hard not to sometimes. I think for them Jean being Phoenix is a threat to the ship, and I’ve never really understood that perspective.

The online fandom should be an accepting place for fans that like her as Phoenix, don’t want her as Phoenix, loves her with Scott or Wolverine, etc. Maybe I expect too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

Ah yes. I am in that group as well. I was amused lol

Absolutely agree with your generalization; just didn't want to be the one to say it this time.

As far as being accepting, you may be expecting too much lol. I know any time I see Jean being all damselly and unable to take action and unimpressive with her superpowers I just go:

so cool, Mercury!

The Phoenix looks so happy being back with Jean...

...still don't expect this to be true but I take the bait. ;-)

Spectacular Member

is the actual/main cover out too or nah

Love it!!! <3 her hair <3 <3

BANNED

Make the Phoenix her little birdie familiar!