Page 300 of 473 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 7090
    Fantastic Member

Jean's power signature drawn by Pepe seems to be similar to the way Mahmoud draws it. I dig it. The power signature i do not like are the blob-looking liquid shaped. Like floating water. Pepe's and Mahmoud's it looks like refined pink lighting or pink fire.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warlioncomics View Post
    Well he doesn't look old and he's the type of actor we need to redeem cyclops' portrayal in the fox movies

The same thing should happen to a lot of characters including Jean
    Eh I just don't see it happening personally. I think Disney is going to scew towards actors in their mid-20s / early 30s. Especially if they want the X-Men to eventually replace the Avengers as the flagship franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Henry Cavill? I really do not see Cyclops...he is also pretty old with 40, isn't he?
    That would make him the right age to play Corsair.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Giant sunspot AR3038 is enlarging as we speak and pointing right towards Earth.

It is Jean obtaining the Phoenix Force in order to fight the Celestials!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Claremont posted about Jean on Instagram again--second time in a month--last week.

“A Phoenix by any other name...” 🥹

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Jean's power signature drawn by Pepe seems to be similar to the way Mahmoud draws it. I dig it. The power signature i do not like are the blob-looking liquid shaped. Like floating water. Pepe's and Mahmoud's it looks like refined pink lighting or pink fire.
    I don't know how to explain it but his art is so beautiful and expressive, yet his signature for Jean seems so basic not bad per say just average.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Claremont posted about Jean on Instagram again--second time in a month--last week.

“A Phoenix by any other name...” 🥹

I truly wonder why Marvel and its writers are so afraid of Jean as the Phoenix, its not out of respect for the character or its legacy. They just have no desire to have a fully expressed Jean, but I guess new decade same push by Marvel to make Phoenix happen with some other character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I vaguely recall people complaining about her reverting to Marvel Girl, and he made a tweet that I think said "skirts are fine". As much as Hickman brought cool **** to X-Men, few characters benefit from it under his writing, and Jean ain't one of 'em.

Hickman, who has since deleted his Twitter account, tweeted the following meme, which contains a caption in Krakoan that translates to: "Free thighs for a free people.:

Admittedly, I wasn't following or actively involved in the X-fandom during this period—I was still on my long break from X-books—but from what I've been told and later found out, this wasn't the first time Hickman tweeted something inflammatory regarding Jean. For example, during the Marvel-conducted "Battle Royale Championship" Twitter poll that pitted Jean against Thor, Jean was winning, and Hickman proceeded to encourage his followers to vote for Thor because, and I paraphrase, "he has better hair and didn't commit genocide." I've seen and posted screenshots of this tweet in the 2021 Jean thread.

Prior to that, he also started a Twitter poll asking followers to decide who between Jean, Emma, and Kitty was "the most Karen X-Men character." Either Kitty or Emma was winning the poll, and he soon deleted it. Frankly, I find the aforementioned tweets somewhat tasteless and immature, and rather unprofessional coming from the franchise's head writer about a character said writer has been charged with handling. That being said, I've given Hickman the benefit of the doubt because I don't know the type or level of backlash he received regarding his decision to regress Jean by having her reclaim the Marvel Girl garb and moniker. And I know how spiteful some Jean fans can be. So, in other words, the aforementioned instances could have been retaliatory.

Then again, he proved himself to be a big Emma Frost fan. And as much as I hate making generalizations such as these, I've noticed that more than a few Emma fans feel the need to compare Emma to Jean while dragging, deriding, and degrading Jean in the process. That's one of the lesser reasons I can't connect with that character, though I've already shared the primary reasons why I'm averse to her. In either case, I've, at times, caught myself wondering if Hickman's regression of Jean was in no small part due to his love for Emma and efforts to rehabilitate her... Maybe he wanted to ensure she had less competition? Ultimately, it's all conjecture.

I will say this, which helps me give Hickman the benefit of the doubt: He handled Jean very well the last time he plotted for and penned her. I really do love that he made her the first to give a respectful middle finger to the Quiet Council and be the one to get Scott off his ass so they could go save Nate and lead the charge in X of Swords. And the last scene he wrote for her before she founded and became co-leader of the X-Men was just sublimely graceful, dignified, and dare I say powerful.

Last edited by Mercury; 06-24-2022 at 05:01 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

A Phoenix by any other name...” ��

"...is still Jean Grey!"

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Your cynicism isn’t lead by the books, because no one forced you to read them. If you really hate them you don’t have to read them. You’re entitled to your opinions, but there one issue.

You are not entitled to force your cynicism on others. A number of posters are happy with current portrayal of Jean under Dugan, and excited for Jean’s upcoming stories. You don’t have to like any of this, but it doesn’t give you the right to try to destroy the happiness of others. None of us here are responsible for how other people feel, or should try to force how we feel on others.
    Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. No, you cannot script mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    My cynicism is lead by the books, even if I expect foul play to start. I read House of X and saw how they were coming in regards to Jean. On the whole, if they are giving me mainly stuff to be negative about, it's definitely gonna come back out of me cynically. And most stuff regarding Jean in this era is subtractive, if not objectively negative.
    Your cynicism is something you let others determine and yourself chose to surrender to and feed. I don't let anyone control how I view things. I am also what I would call an obstinate optimist. Don't get me wrong; I certainly have dark and pessimistic days. However, I strive to see the light, love, and possibilities around every bend, twist, and corner. Likely, though I've never thought of this, it's why I love that facet of Jean so much.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Your cynicism isn't lead by the books, because no one forced you to read them. If you really hate them you don't have to read them. You're entitled to your opinions, but there one issue.

You are not entitled to force your cynicism on others. A number of posters are happy with current portrayal of Jean under Dugan, and excited for Jean's upcoming stories. You don't have to like any of this, but it doesn't give you the right to try to destroy the happiness of others. None of us here are responsible for how other people feel, or should try to force how we feel on others.
    I swear you have become somewhat irresistible to me—sometimes. And, to be clear, this is not because I feel you put Kitty in their place, though you did speak the truth, but because I see you striving to be more positive about Jean-related things, and I love that. It's much harder to take the high versus the low road.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love seeing Queen Jean here crush it! She looks amazing doing it too, lol!
    My Prince of Joy and Peace! My little Canticle for Jean. lol. Love, ya, boo! Also, she was terrific. Celestialbodies did a great job of breaking down just how much she did in X-Men #'s 11 and 12. And, as I've been told by the man himself, "hope you like the Gala next month - Jean gets some love there - but a lot more later in year." So, the good times are only just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I definitely think that's Hope and I'm telling you guys now if Gillen is uses Jean to highlight his pet as THE Phoenix host, I'm dropping his books. I genuinely don't care if Hope becomes the Phoenix, I don't think it will do anything for her character, but I don't care. I just want Jean's history to be respected, yet for some reason the only stories any writer want to tell is about their faves gaining the Phoenix.
    Even if Gillen gives it to Hope, I wouldn't place much stock in that decision. What we really have to pay attention to is A.X.E.: X-Men #1, which is supposedly "burning away the mystery behind their connection once and for all." The sentences that come after that claim are interesting and allude to the issue confirmating that they are one or, at the very least, have an unparalleled connection. "It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. Yet: 'I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever!' Which part of 'Now and Forever' is confusing to you? As one world burns, can Jean Grey justify her existence after burning another?" We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I truly wonder why Marvel and its writers are so afraid of Jean as the Phoenix, its not out of respect for the character or its legacy. They just have no desire to have a fully expressed Jean, but I guess new decade same push by Marvel to make Phoenix happen with some other character.
    To be clear, I don't think a "fully expressed Jean" is exclusive to her being Phoenix, and I know many other fans who feel that way. However, I respect that you and others, like Kitty and maybe Phoenixx9, feel Jean isn't at her best unless she's Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    If Jean reunites as Phoenix, would the QC want her back in a seat?
    The QC already wanted her back and she refused their offer of reappointment to start the new team (see the page I posted above). In either case, if Jean wanted back in, Phoenix or no Phoenix, I don't think there would be any objections, aside from maybe Sinister.

I swear you have become somewhat irresistible to me—sometimes. And, to be clear, this is not because I feel you put Kitty in their place, though you did speak the truth, but because I see you striving to be more positive about Jean-related things, and I love that. It's much harder to take the high versus the low road.

My Prince of Joy and Peace! My little Canticle for Jean. lol. Love, ya, boo! Also, she was terrific. Celestialbodies did a great job of breaking down just how much she did in X-Men #'s 11 and 12. And, as I've been told by the man himself, "hope you like the Gala next month - Jean gets some love there - but a lot more later in year." So, the good times are only just beginning.

To be clear, I don't think a "fully expressed Jean" is exclusive to her being Phoenix, and I know many other fans who feel that way. However, I respect that you and others, like Kitty and maybe Phoenixx9, feel Jean isn't at her best unless she's Phoenix.
    I noticed the much-improved positivity with Wallstreeter and I like it.

Love ya back, Boo! I am so happy with what we are seeing and am sure/positive much more good Jean moments will be forthcoming for us!

Naw, I have loved Jeannie from when she first got out of that cab to the Xavier Institute in her blue/white outfit (including hat and gloves) and met the boys, pretending she did not know what it was all about!! I love Jean for Jean. Always have, always will. Jean Grey is just....so unique!

But.... I just love the glory, the power, the magnificence of Jean as Phoenix. I do love seeing Jean as Phoenix. I know they will never make Jean Phoenix again (at least not for long), but I always look for it to happen just for the omnipotence of it all, if you know what I mean? Jean does not need the PF these days, and can do most anything on her own, which is how I want Jean portrayed. Yet still, there is that little part of me that likes to see Jean go a little wild and get Cosmic.....!!

Case in point, sun spot AR3038 is really Jean re-absorbing the Phoenix Force, lol.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 06-24-2022 at 05:19 PM.

Happy 300th Page to Jean Grey!

PSYCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. No, you cannot script mine.
    I, for one, really enjoy reading your posts K&P, I love reading about different views and opinion, please keep them coming.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Your cynicism is something you let others determine
    This is correct. Marvel is entirely in control of whether I expect something negative or positive from them.

It's that matter-of-fact and non-dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I, for one, really enjoy reading your posts K&P, I love reading about different views and opinion, please keep them coming.
    Thank you, Daedra!

And heaven forbid I got on here and said the Krakoa years of Jean stories have been good. We might keep getting the same thing.