Page 248 of 473 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 7090

All great feats showing us that Jean is a rare mutant indeed and has Omega Level Telekinetics.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    All great feats showing us that Jean is a rare mutant indeed and has Omega Level Telekinetics.
    Her feats while helping Binary are some of my favorites. I mean, the way she was multitasking at such precise and formidable levels though...
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    That would be a moment! lol.

As with Ororo, Jean has often been subjected to nerfing. I mean, she lifted thousands of pounds hundreds of feet in the air as a teenager, not to mention grabbing hold of and redirecting a live missile, toppling several Sentinels, lifting Juggernaut on multiple occasions, and anchoring to Earth a space balloon that contained her and the entire team and was floating on the edges of the stratosphere, all within the first three years of the original run of X-Men in the 1960s.
    I STAND MUTHAF*ING CORRECTED! Jean was always that bitch when it came to TK.

But damn, now I'm wondering why Morrison decided to lower her TK? Like what was the reason lol? Not like Beast or the flatsca---humans could do anything.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Her feats while helping Binary are some of my favorites. I mean, the way she was multitasking at such precise and formidable levels though...
    Yes, another important fact with Jean. Jean can speak, move and use her TP and TK powers alternately and in tandem all at the same time. That does not just speak of Jean's (unlimited) power, but the complexity of her mind and the strength it possesses.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I'm still waiting for her and Exodus to throw down.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Yes, another important fact with Jean. Jean can speak, move and use her TP and TK powers alternately and in tandem all at the same time. That does not just speak of Jean's (unlimited) power, but the complexity of her mind and the strength it possesses.
    See to me the fact that she can use her TK to rebuild her body from scratch should automatically classify her as a OL telekinetic. Like no shade, but I've yet to hear anything abt Exodus' TK other than him rebuilding Xavier's brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Oh yes, I am soooo ready for that! I want to see him cry when his name comes off the Omega Level listing!

Oh yes, I am soooo ready for that! I want to see him cry when his name comes off the Omega Level listing!
    Lool! I mean he doesn't have to come off but he shouldn't have been the only one there.

Lool! I mean he doesn't have to come off but he shouldn't have been the only one there.
    Yeah, that is true. OK, he can cry when Jean gets listed as the ONLY mutant with 2 Omega Powers!

I just don't know any feats for him. I even thought Xavier was helping him to rebuild Xavier's psyche?

I think Jean has only fought Exodus once and he made a joke of her

Yeah, that is true. OK, he can cry when Jean gets listed as the ONLY mutant with 2 Omega Powers!

I just don't know any feats for him. I even thought Xavier was helping him to rebuild Xavier's psyche?
    It's possible, man. Like I said earlier the only TK feat I ever see put on the table to show his omega claim is rebuilding Xaviers brain. Now I admit that the feat is majorly impressive which is why I don't think he should necessarily be removed.

But on the flipside I think he and Jean are sorta-kinda twinsies in a sense. She can get stronger by absorbing the psychic energy from everyone around her to boost her TK/TP and he can get boosted when people believe in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

From the look of that scan he made a joke of everyone. L for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Yeah, some of the '90's were not kind to Jean. I also think Exodus had New Villain Stink. He beat everyone, lol.

I STAND MUTHAF*ING CORRECTED! Jean was always that bitch when it came to TK.
    Haha. She really always has been.

But damn, now I'm wondering why Morrison decided to lower her TK? Like what was the reason lol? Not like Beast or the flatsca---humans could do anything.
    Much like Claremont did before introducing Phoenix, I think Morrison underplayed Jean's abilities so that her power displays as Phoenix would be more impactful. In Uncanny X-Men #105, written by Claremont—after Jean fights Firelord and "powers up an interstellar transmitter without batting an eyelash"—Scott thinks to himself, "Jean used to be the weakest X-Man,” which is patently false. I mean, this page and these panels alone quite literally prove that she was one of, if not the strongest member of the team (she and Bobby were always the strongest, which was later substantiated in X-Men Forever [2001]):

At worst, one could accuse Claremont of unconscious sexism, but I think he was just trying to make Jean's transformation into Phoenix all the more dramatic. I mean, Jean has always been one of his favorites. Simonson has gone on the record to say Jean was Claremont's "total favorite."

Source: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...32186242916357

I love the complexity of your mind and the strength it possesses. lol! Your effusiveness is too endearing for words. And, of course, I agree with you!

Exodus was able kick Jean out of his psyche back in the 90s. I'm not sure they've fought since. Obviously, I think Jean could take him down.

See to me the fact that she can use her TK to rebuild her body from scratch should automatically classify her as a OL telekinetic. Like no shade, but I've yet to hear anything abt Exodus' TK other than him rebuilding Xavier's brain.
    The thing is, she was classified as Omega Level in both her power classifications, i.e., in telepathy and telekinesis, before Hickman took over. Nevertheless, I have hope that they will reestablish her as an Omega Level Telekinetic soon, especially with the recent revelations regarding the resurrection protocols having a positive or increasing effect on mutants' power levels (see Synch). Here are some mentions of Jean being an Omega Level Telekinetic, along with wonderfully vague wording by Duggan in a more recent panel.

It doesn't need to come off. See next post...
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

We can simply have this…😏