Page 63 of 473 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

The only thing that bothers me about the new costume is that we haven't gotten a real big reveal of it. After months of looking at Jean with such an ugly look, I wished they would have given us more of a reveal online...Storm's new costume had a moment. Jean just happened without a fabulous entrance...even Dauterman is like "Ah, by the way, just tweaked it a little."

The Gala WAS the "reveal".
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The only thing that bothers me about the new costume is that we haven't gotten a real big reveal of it. After months of looking at Jean with such an ugly look, I wished they would have given us more of a reveal online...Storm's new costume had a moment. Jean just happened without a fabulous entrance...even Dauterman is like "Ah, by the way, just tweaked it a little."
    That's kinda to be expected because the character is not really a focal point in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I think Jeannie is ENFJ. I think she loves people too much. If she's not an Fe-dom, I don't know who is.

INFJ isn't a bad fit for her either, but ENFJs are part of the "in charge" group, which makes more sense to me for her than the "chart the course" group.
    Your rationale makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Dylan's own power can mess with symbiotes...
    Jean can, too...☝️😌

It's possible Jean herself could free the others, but then she'd had to do so while a pissed off Knull would be trying to fight back, while also trying to make sure the others aren't being hurt by the symbiotes, so even if she could do it, it's risky, and using Dylan, who's essentially a counter pick to Knull (Knull himself says in KiB#4 itself that "They made you to destroy me"), is far safer.
    I completely agree.

And considering he's aware of the God of Light stuff, then he quite clearly at least heard Jean after she was doing an info dump to everyone else.
    Exactly!

It does mean you didn't forgive completely if you still hold a grudge, or are at least wary of the other person, but not completely forgiving someone doesn't mean you didn't forgive at all too, it's not an all or nothing kind of deal lol.
    I agree on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Don't give delusional people an out while they're refusing to acknowledge canon. I doubt Jean would want to go for drinks with Exodus or Sinister, they too were her co-workers in the same sense. It's clear that Jean and Emma are friendly (if not, outright "friends" since that term is so loaded for some) enough to share Cyclops' eggplant emoji, even if they still have a playfully snarky relationship.
    Oh, Jean and Emma are definitely not friends; not yet, at least.

For what it's worth, the lot of you acting like it's impossible for someone to go from an enemy to a friend betrays your own lack of life experience. Anecdotally, while Jean is my favorite character, Emma and Monet's personalities are closer to my own. I'm a bitch, and a snob, but I have more friends than I know what to do with even if I don't consider myself especially pleasant...people gravitate towards authenticity and honesty even if it's not sugarcoated. Sometimes, especially if it's not.
    I admire your candor. As much as I dislike her, sometimes I feel I'm more like Emma than Jean when I'm on the defensive. However, Emma is a character I strive not to be like; Jean is one I aspire to be.

I said they were friendly, not BFFs. Which yes, is authentic because relationships grow and evolve over time even if they started out antagonistically...
    That!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Problem is Scott was not in love or had any romantic affection towards Emma at that point , basically Jean willed the love of her life to 'live' with someone he would under no normal circumstances be in love with. She screwed him over imo.
    Jean "willed the love of her life to 'live'" to save him and the rest of the world, specifically mutants.

The second one is perfection. Wow! So well done.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    These look great Mercury! Could you put the Phoenix symbol on her headpiece?
    Oh, you! Firstly, it would be too difficult. Secondly, it would be way too gaudy!
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-28-2022 at 10:54 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I wished he kept the open back (my only nitpick)...
    I completely agree. Incidentally, I suggested to him that he design a new uniform for her every Gala so that she could have a collection of uniforms of his to wear in rotation. He liked the tweet. It may be the most liked reply to his tweet regarding the retweaked uniform. I'm hoping the suggestion becomes reality...

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Just playing with it...
    Attachment 117841
    I love it! I love Jean in black.

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Maybe a more defined belt...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117849
    I love this, too! Now I want to add that belt to my Phoenix retweak, lol!

Thanks. I think it's missing some more evident X element. But when I tried colouring the one on her chest, I thought it took from one of the design's strengths which, in my opinion, it's how clean it is. I tried extending a bit the belt to form an X on her belly, but I didn't really like it because it didn't seem to match the rest of the lines so I didn't even bother trying to render the metal there.

This is quite lovely, GS!
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-28-2022 at 10:38 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

With the skirt gone, a new era begins.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury;

Jean's can, too...☝️

[IMG
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAE4bnGVEAcMqOi?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]

Oh, you! Firstly, it would be too difficult. Secondly, it would be way too gaudy!
    Yup, it is me, lol!

Well, I did state first how nice it looked what you did.

I only meant a small Phoenix symbol, you know, the way the Phoenix Costume had one on the sash. That did not look gaudy but instead cemented that iconic look. I just wondered how it would look. But if it is too difficult, don't bother. After all, Jean is not Phoenix anyway and really should not have any Phoenix symbolism on her costume. Jean needs a new look.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I think the design is good enough and I usually don't like changing an artist's original work unless I have a reason like trying to make someone I like smile.

Anyway, without the train, there's something really bothering me about this chest plate and the horizontal golden bars. It makes sense as a structure to support the super long train and the naked back but once those are gone them seem kinda... I don't know... pointless?

So I decided to transform the bars into a belt and see how that would look like. I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's bothering me less.

I really love this, the gold details are great. Reminds me a bit of Jeen’s green outfit.

Yup, it is me, lol!

Well, I did state first how nice it looked what you did.

I only meant a small Phoenix symbol, you know, the way the Phoenix Costume had one on the sash. That did not look gaudy but instead cemented that iconic look. I just wondered how it would look. But if it is too difficult, don't bother. After all, Jean is not Phoenix anyway and really should not have any Phoenix symbolism on her costume. Jean needs a new look.
    You are too cute! I'm tempted to try for you. If you can believe it, I made those modifications on my phone with my index finger, hence why they're not perfect. I can zoom the pic but so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You are too cute! I'm tempted to try for you. If you can believe it, I made those modifications on my phone with my index finger, hence why they're not perfect. I can zoom the pic but so much.
    Aw, thank you my friend! I would like just to see it. I thought what you did looked great and could not tell that there were imperfections from using a phone!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I loved that Jean was so outrageous. Even though she was a beginner in telepathy, she didn't miss the opportunity to face

Imagem02.jpg

6dab159a36fbf71e3e638d1195acb1e4.jpg

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Your rationale makes sense.
    I should have added, though, that I was thinking of comic book Jean. I think INFJ might be a better fit for Jean in the movies, actually. But I didn’t give it an actual serious thought.

This is quite lovely, GS!
    Thanks. I like the shape of the belt but not for this costume. I still think it needs some golden X other than the boots, but everything I thought of made the the design less slick. If think of something else, I might give it a try. But what was bothering the most was taken care of, so I can take my mind out of it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I really love this, the gold details are great. Reminds me a bit of Jeen’s green outfit.
    I'm glad you liked it. :)

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

EDITED:

Link for the next round, for those who are playing:

https://strawpoll.com/2yy6yfdux

This is to *eliminate* a mutant so, please, do *not* vote for our girl.

This is the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...fter_a_decent/
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-28-2022 at 12:32 PM.

Aw, thank you my friend! I would like just to see it. I thought what you did looked great and could not tell that there were imperfections from using a phone!
    I'll try to do it when I have time!

I should have added, though, that I was thinking of comic book Jean. I think INFJ might be a better fit for Jean in the movies, actually. But I didn’t give it an actual serious thought.
    I find it interesting that you make that distinction. I think I know what you mean.

I still think it needs some golden X other than the boots...
    Frankly, I think the uniform is a little too adorned for my tastes--less is always more to me--and I'd prefer less gold (frankly, I'd keep only the lower-abdomen gold "X," which I sort of like, but not in my Phoenix retweak) but I love most of it enough to overlook those details (e.g., the "X" on the boots, the gold hand shields, the tiara).

So, Dr. Cecelia Reyes’ recent findings and theory (X-Men #7) that "the resurrection protocols are increasing [mutants'] previous baseline powers" point to the likelihood of Jean, who has been resurrected twice since the start of the Krakoan era, being classified in the current Cerebro database as an Omega Level Telekinetic—a category into which she has previously been placed.

This is how we win.

NOTE: Ms. Grey would be the first mutant to be classified as Omega Level in two power classifications, as she should be. Moreover, Hickman left the door open for this by not explicitly stating or indicating, for that matter, that mutants cannot be classified as Omega Level in two power classifications. In fact, he notes: "[O]nly one power is normally of Omega level." "Normally" does not mean exclusively.

This is how we win.