Page 25 of 473 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Don’t you start! Her psychic energy absorption ability has nothing to do with the Phoenix Force and is still a part of her power set.

EDIT: I have actually been discussing it with someone…
    Aw... 'Ya beat me to it That said we can't have two god like females as X-Men, right?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-10-2022 at 10:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    No psychic energy absorption though...that's essentially the Phoenix. That's why "it's something she used to do as a kid" or whatever excuse that editor gave. Blah.
    Exactly. She used psychic absorption to beat Galactus, beat the Phoenix force, resurrect herself more than once. It’s essentially the Phoenix.

Hickman was opposed to that quite clearly, I think way more than White.

Would be nice if X-Men 97 had her psychic absorption.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I like how the Dark Phoenix movie made it about Jean's repressed trauma and the force simply unlocked mental health issues she already had. Though that didn't stop people from misreading the premise and thinking that the force was the direct cause of her mental instability.
    Haven't watched the movie so I can't talk about that, but the problem here is the popular depiction of Phoenix being evil can superceed what the movie says.

It's kinda like how Aquaman was seen as the lame hero despite how many adaptations have him being badass, if we get anything showing Phoenix being good, people will probably still think the Phoenix is evil by nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Exactly. She used psychic absorption to beat Galactus, beat the Phoenix force, resurrect herself more than once. It’s essentially the Phoenix.

Hickman was opposed to that quite clearly, I think way more than White.

Would be nice if X-Men 97 had her psychic absorption.
    That would be a blast and a great subversion of the original cartoon's Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Aw... 'Ya beat me to it That said we can't have two god like females as X-Men, right?
    I find it irritating when someone wants to pretend as if an aspect of Jean’s character that has been established as canon isn’t canon because it hasn’t been used how and when they see fit. It’s like, are you bitter or really just hoping to convince others of your falsities? Perhaps I’m being too defensive on Jean’s behalf.

Incidentally, when was the last time Rogue used her power absorption ability? (That’s not a rhetorical question; I honestly don’t know.)
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I find it irritating when someone wants to pretend as if an aspect of Jean’s character that has been established as canon isn’t canon because it hasn’t been used how and when they see fit. It’s like, are you bitter or really just hoping to convince others of your falsities? Perhaps I’m being too defensive on Jean’s behalf.

Incidentally, when was the last time Rogue used her power absorption ability? (That’s not a rhetorical question; I honestly don’t know.)
    She used it twice in Avengers: No Surrender:

(Avengers#680)

(Avengers#687)

Though that was 4 years ago, before the Krakoa shit, dunno if she used it since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She used it twice in Avengers: No Surrender:

(Avengers#680)

(Avengers#687)

Though that was 4 years ago, before the Krakoa shit, dunno if she used it since then.
    She used it on Excalibur #1 on a gate, then #5 against Apocalypse. I don't remember if she used it again after that story, while she was still with that team.

Quick question: If you were told that Jean would never be bonded with the Phoenix Force again, would you remain a Jean Grey fan?
    Yes! I love the character with or without the Phoenix. I will always love her as the Phoenix -whether with the power or just the look and codename, but the character is great as she is now or was in the mid 80’s-90’s.

My fav Jean era is Morrison’s which was the perfect blend of Jean and Phoenix, but things change. I just want the character to have a story, be presented as competent, confident, and powerful (without being overpowered) and be used often. I am loving Duggan’s take on Jean and I expect good things.

I was first introduced to Jean in the 90s before she took back the Phoenix code name. Another fav era is X-factor. Jean is interesting in either form -powerful mutant or merged/plugged into a cosmic power source.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    She used it on Excalibur #1 on a gate, then #5 against Apocalypse. I don't remember if she used it again after that story, while she was still with that team.
    She also used it to drain a warwolf and absorb Rachel's tp

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    She used it to absorb Rachel later in the series after XOS

Don’t you start! Her psychic energy absorption ability has nothing to do with the Phoenix Force and is still a part of her power set.

EDIT: I have actually been discussing it with someone…

If Duggan would use the psychic form that would be great. I don’t expect it but someone is bound to use it eventually. It was a great development for a character whose themes often center on her relationship to her powers.

Mama is currently trending...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    If Duggan would use the psychic form that would be great. I don’t expect it but someone is bound to use it eventually. It was a great development for a character whose themes often center on her relationship to her powers.
    The psychic form? Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The psychic form? Please elaborate.
    I believe MechaJeanix is talking about Jean's "pink form," which manifested when she used her psychic absorption, or siphoning, ability:

BANNED

I believe MechaJeanix is talking about Jean's "pink form," which manifested when she used her psychic absorption, or siphoning, ability:

Ah... Just what we're advocating for MechaJeanix's description threw me for a bit. Again I'd like to mention adult Jean should remember she can now do that. Remember, Jean did something very similar in X-Factor #50

Last edited by Micabe; 01-10-2022 at 03:02 PM.