Page 317 of 473 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 7090
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Agree with this post 100%...it's the unnecessary undermining for me.

I really try to be open with everyone else's opinions. But I'm so tired of this thread pretending like the crumbs Jean is given is development, her peers are having the best work done with them in decades. Meanwhile, Jean is consistently losing something, her status as an Omega level telepath & telekinetic, close relationships to friends are barely acknowledged, and she's constantly appearing in roles like X-men Red that add nothing of value to her character.

Yet, any concerns contrary to "JJJJJEEAAAN IS AMAZING" is met with. You want Jean as the sole focus, you want Jean as a universal destroyer, blah blah blah....

The only things I want for Jean is there to be connectivity between writers on how capable she is, and unfortunately way too often Jean falls into the role of say not show. What's worst is she isn't given the same bereft of care her peers receive, I can give two cares about Jean being stronger than Charles. My issue is that's what we've been told repeatedly yet. Charles has multiple instances since she's been back of challenging or exceeding that notion. She deserves the same respect of her peers so yes, I have a problem with Omega Level Telepath Jean, appearing passively in an issue, where Charles is casually called
    perhaps the strongest telepath in the universe.

Same way fans of Exodus would be if Jean were called the strongest tk in the universe, I've mentioned Storm and Magneto, and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    You tell em Celestialbodies!!

Agreed with all, but just too exhausted to argue with people and defend my own thoughts online. Lol

It's like I'm asking for her to be the center of the universe, when all I've stated is can Jean receive care between writers when use!

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I really try to be open with everyone else's opinions. But I'm so tired of this thread pretending like the crumbs Jean is given is development, her peers are having the best work done with them in decades. Meanwhile, Jean is consistently losing something, her status as an Omega level telepath & telekinetic, close relationships to friends are barely acknowledged, and she's constantly appearing in roles like X-men Red that add nothing of value to her character.

Yet, any concerns contrary to "JJJJJEEAAAN IS AMAZING" is met with. You want Jean as the sole focus, you want Jean as a universal destroyer, blah blah blah....

The only things I want for Jean is there to be connectivity between writers on how capable she is, and unfortunately way too often Jean falls into the role of say not show. What's worst is she isn't given the same bereft of care her peers receive, I can give two cares about Jean being stronger than Charles. My issue is that's what we've been told repeatedly yet. Charles has multiple instances since she's been back of challenging or exceeding that notion. She deserves the same respect of her peers so yes, I have a problem with Omega Level Telepath Jean, appearing passively in an issue, where Charles is casually called

Same way fans of Exodus would be if Jean were called the strongest tk in the universe, I've mentioned Storm and Magneto, and so on....

It's like I'm asking for her to be the center of the universe, when all I've stated is can Jean receive care between writers when use!
    Again agreed. And several times on ive read on this thread talking down to those asking to see more respect and care and consequence as just us wanting the narrative to be all about Jean.

And then saying stuff like oh other characters have to deal with it so it’s ok. Yeah, no. If I dont like what’s happening I’ll voice it. I dont care that it can happen to other characters it doesnt make it right or ok.

BANNED

I'm just curious what the retrospective on these *amazing* Jean stories will be in 10 years. I am personally told that these are absolutely *amazing* appearances by Jean, yet I doubt anyone will remember anything about these stories besides "Jean was nostalgic for the 60s" and "she kissed Wolverine in a bath tub". Like, someone raves on occasion about how epic Jean quitting the Quiet Council was because no one would let her save teen Cable, and I'm just like "that was yesterday and I already forgot it, for one because the details of the situation weren't interesting", and that's supposed to be the hallmark for the character in current days. It feels like gaslighting lmao
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 07-01-2022 at 10:33 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'm just curious what the retrospective on these *amazing* Jean stories will be in 10 years. I am personally told that these are absolutely *amazing* appearances by Jean, yet I doubt anyone will remember anything about these stories besides "Jean was nostalgic for the 60s" and "she kissed Wolverine in a bath tub". Like, someone raves on occasion about how epic Jean quitting the Quiet Council was because no one would let her save teen Cable, and I'm just like "that was yesterday and I already forgot it, for one because the details of the situation weren't interesting", and that's supposed to be the hallmark for the character in current days. It feels like gaslighting lmao
    And the reason for Jean not being able to sit on the quiet council and lead the xmen team now screams of bs. Hickman just didnt know how to write her and it shows.

Case in point Storm is going to be leading her brotherhood, sit in the krakoan council, sit on arakko’s council with no issues. But Jean had to pick one or the other? Kinda bs if you ask me.

Nothing at all...but here I thought this was a forum for "discussion".

I'm honestly over you and multiple other commenters in this thread projecting your own thoughts and feelings onto my comments. I don't need you or anyone else to interpret what I'm stating, I'm very clear and concise in my statements.

The point I was making if it weren't clear enough, if Lorna or some weather manipulator appeared in this very issue and were called the most powerful metal manipulator or weather manipulator in the universe, while Omega Level Magneto or Storm appeared in the same issue in a passive role, yes their fans would be questioning the validity of that statement.

I often wonder why some of you are even fans of Jean. As long as she's superficially involved in stories your happy, even when those stories add nothing of depth to her character and she's consistently having something taken from her. What's worse is, I'm thoroughly read on Jean, I don't require any assistance on understanding her capabilities, or placement within the X-men telepathic hierarchy. Your last comment reveals the entire problem with her character and use in this issue, why is she constantly put in situations that aren't even about her or her development?

Ask yourselves this, take Jean completely out of this issue...what changes? Now ask yourself the same question about Storm, Magneto, or Xavier.
    Very well said my fellow poster, if I could I Would print this post in gold and stick it to my wall, been feeling the same for a long while…

Thank you & thank you a thousand time for telling it like it is, somehow along the way asking for some reasonable quality in the writing and editorial handle of the character has become a taboo or a stigma….
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-01-2022 at 11:14 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

And the reason for Jean not being able to sit on the quiet council and lead the xmen team now screams of bs. Hickman just didnt know how to write her and it shows.

Case in point Storm is going to be leading her brotherhood, sit in the krakoan council, sit on arakko’s council with no issues. But Jean had to pick one or the other? Kinda bs if you ask me.
    Yeah I didn't get that bit either. Maybe I need to re-read XoS lmao.

She should have flipped them the fire-bird, saved the 9 year old, and came back sat down in her seat. Now, THAT would have been a positive moment. But lots of characters have "sonned" Jean Grey in this era, really, not just Erik and Charles.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 07-01-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Thank you for your reply, and I appreciate your POV (and others) :-)
    You're welcome, love!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

I have to agree with everyone else who noted that this cover is, shall we say, not a little less than appealing. Jean's breasts though...

https://twitter.com/ComicsXF/status/1542485605073842177
    My memory may be a little fuzzy but the first is just a story where Jean fights Ogun on the shadow plane. The descriptor is just part of the narration.

The 2nd Cyclops manages to put the void in a black box in a room in his mind. He thanks Jean for teaching him that trick. From what I recall Emma didnt know what the black box was, couldnt even touch it or penetrate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi Mercury,

Sorry, I did not read those issues. But it is great to hear Jean mentioned so positively as #1 from long ago!!

I think Tank is correct. I do remember hearing something about Jean telling Cyclops how to make a black box in his mind that very few people could enter it and also of Emma not knowing what it was, how to enter it or even who put it there.

Ah yes, Jean not only has the power and experience, but the skills as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    If memory serves correct, the Wolverine scan is from Ogun. This took place shortly after the Onslaught Saga, when Charles Xavier was depowered. Thus, since writers had been declaring Jean second to Xavier around this time, she took his place for the time that he was unavailable until his powers returned.

The second scan took place shortly after Dark Reign. Cyclops was helping save Emma Frost from being taken over by a sliver of the Void, a dark alternate persona from one of the most powerful meta humans on the planet, the Sentry. During the process, the Void decided to jump ship and possess Cyclops instead of Emma Frost. Cyclops remembered the Black Box, a telepathic resistance measure powerful enough to keep telepaths as powerful as Emma Frost out. It was taught to him by Jean Grey and was what ultimately was used to contain the Void permanently. The mention of Jean Grey as the most powerful was to denote why something as powerful as the Void would be contained by a non-psychic when a powerful psychic like Emma Frost could not contain it.
    Thank you three for the clarifications! I really appreciate it! Scott's little aside is rather moving and very telling.

Nothing at all...but here I thought this was a forum for "discussion".
    Are fans who come into this thread to do nothing more than repeatedly bemoan the Jean Grey of yore—really, I should say the Phoenix of yesteryear—and spew their disregard and distaste for anything and everything Jean-related in the current era really attempting to have a discussion or just, you know, repeatedly complaining about the same thing?

I'm honestly over you and multiple other commenters in this thread projecting your own thoughts and feelings onto my comments. I don't need you or anyone else to interpret what I'm stating, I'm very clear and concise in my statements.
    I don't interpret this statement as being directed at me, but if it is, this is what I have to say: I try to point out facts. For example, if someone comes in here and says, "Did you see that? They gave Jean nothing to do," when, in fact, the writer(s) did give Jean something to do, I most certainly will rebut with that fact, regardless of whether you or anyone else believes what she was given to do was of consequence or not. Another example: If someone is aghast because Ororo, due to possible in-story reasons previously outlined by several other posters, refers to Xavier as "perhaps the universe's most powerful telepath," I will also point out the following facts, which I already have:

Ororo didn't make an absolute statement, i.e., she qualified her statement with "perhaps." However, even if she had made an absolute statement, she neither has the requisite power nor knowledge to determine who is the most powerful telepath in the universe. Now, had this been a narrative declaration, that would be another matter. Lastly, as per the current canon, Jean is an Omega Level Telepath and Xavier is not; consequently, Xavier has a telepathic upper limit while Jean does not.

So, really, who cares if another character refers to Xavier as "perhaps" being the most powerful telepath in the universe, especially when many readers have ridiculed and chosen not to subscribe to what is essentially the subjective and not absolute opinion of another character?

Lastly, I try to provide levity and relief because, in the grand scheme of things, none of this really matters. I've read enough comics to know that things will continue to shift and change and no status quo will be strictly adhered to indefinitely, so it is a waste of my time and energy to work myself up to a tizzy over such transient things.

To be continued...
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The point I was making if it weren't clear enough, if Lorna or some weather manipulator appeared in this very issue and were called [perhaps] the most powerful metal manipulator or weather manipulator in the universe, while Omega Level Magneto or Storm appeared in the same issue in a passive role, yes their fans would be questioning the validity of that statement.
    This is a valid point with which I agree. I, myself, questioned the statement—for 10 minutes. Then, I moved on.

I often wonder why some of you are even fans of Jean. As long as she's superficially involved in stories your happy, even when those stories add nothing of depth to her character and she's consistently having something taken from her.
    1) You're damn right Jean's my favorite character.

2) You're damn right I'll follow and love her and am happy even if "she's superficially involved in stories" because, for one, I know comic books and the characters in them are continuously changing and evolving with no true endgame. Jean, herself, died, was revealed to have never died, lost her telepathy, lost her telekinesis, gained back both, truly died, came back as a time-displaced teenager, was resurrected, and has repeatedly manifested and renounced the Phoenix Force, to list just a few of the changes she has undergone that could have potentially negatively impacted fans susceptible to anger and panic over such changes.

3) As for the current stories "add[ing] nothing of depth to her character," that is your opinion and one to which you are entitled. However, it is a bit hypocritical of you to claim to be "over" others "projecting [their] own thoughts and feelings onto [your] comments," when you seem to be doing the same here. Your implication that those of us who are enjoying her gradual development and overall involvement in this era are somehow lesser fans because you've deemed her development and involvement inconsequential or, to use your word, superficial, is staggeringly pretentious and presumptuous.

What's worse is, I'm thoroughly read on Jean, I don't require any assistance on understanding her capabilities, or placement within the X-men telepathic hierarchy.
    I think most of us who post in this thread with any frequency can say roughly the same thing.

Your last comment reveals the entire problem with her character and use in this issue, why is she constantly put in situations that aren't even about her or her development?
    Perhaps Ewing, even if he does subscribe to what he had Ororo propound, believes and wanted to make clear that he sees Jean as second in command, telepathically speaking, while giving a little nod to her friendship and personal familiarity with Ororo and her thoughts and feelings by having Jean tell Roberto, "I suspect Ororo's going to want to talk about what happened when she gets back from space." You may not have appreciated the moment, but I did.

I really try to be open with everyone else's opinions. But I'm so tired of this thread pretending like the crumbs Jean is given is development
    Ah, and there it is. Essentially, you're "tired" of some of us being engaged in Jean's current development, where she presently is, and where she seems to be heading, and have concluded that those of us who are engaged and maybe even excited are "pretending." Wow. Honestly, that's your problem, literally and figuratively. I suggest starting a Jean Grey Complaints Thread so that others who share your opinions could respond to it, and perhaps you can all have more authentic discussions regarding Jean.

Yet, any concerns contrary to "JJJJJEEAAAN IS AMAZING" is met with. You want Jean as the sole focus, you want Jean as a universal destroyer, blah blah blah...
    Based on what you've written above, it seems opinions contrary to the following statement(s) are shared disingenuously and constitute "pretending":

"her peers are having the best work done with them in decades. Meanwhile, Jean is consistently losing something, her status as an Omega level telepath & telekinetic, close relationships to friends are barely acknowledged, and she's constantly appearing in roles like X-men Red that add nothing of value to her character."

Thank you for telling those of us who are positive about her current appearances and hopeful and optimistic about her future development what we are truly feeling and how we should be feeling. I'm bathed in relief.

The only things I want for Jean is there to be connectivity between writers on how capable she is, and unfortunately way too often Jean falls into the role of say not show.
    I think Duggan has done a respectable job of showing just how capable she is as a telepath (Planet-Size X-Men, X-Men #4 [against Nightmare], and X-Men #12 [against Cordyceps Jones]) and telekinetic (Planet-Size X-Men, X-Men #12 [again, against Cordyceps Jones]). But I understand that you want more.

What's worst is she isn't given the same bereft of care her peers receive
    I agree. Just look at Rogue and Gambit.

I can give two cares about Jean being stronger than Charles. My issue is that's what we've been told repeatedly yet. Charles has multiple instances since she's been back of challenging or exceeding that notion. She deserves the same respect of her peers so yes, I have a problem with Omega Level Telepath Jean, appearing passively in an issue, where Charles is casually called
    Same way fans of Exodus would be if Jean were called the strongest tk in the universe, I've mentioned Storm and Magneto, and so on....[/quote]

And, again, you are entitled to your opinion.

It seems to me that what you are asking for is for everyone in this thread to see the glass half empty, even though some of us refuse to.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The Red Dragon

Yeah I didn't get that bit either. Maybe I need to re-read XoS lmao.

She should have flipped them the fire-bird, saved the 9 year old, and came back sat down in her seat. Now, THAT would have been a positive moment. But lots of characters have "sonned" Jean Grey in this era, really, not just Erik and Charles.
    That’s the Jean I know and love. And she would have absolutely done it because she knows these less than savory characters need her to keep them in check.

Honestly she took their stance with very little pushback. Par for the course with Hickman. Move the pieces around to fit his story/plot not the character.

Frankly, it's time for me to take an extended break from this forum and thread. Being away from here for the last day or so had a startlingly positive effect on me. I will definitely pop in again to share relevant news and opinions, but I'm most certainly refraining from visiting and posting here for an extended period.

Most of you know where to find me and access updates on Jean, but if you don't, visit https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey.

:big hugs to all:

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What some might consider "crumbs" (and they're perfectly valid for thinking that as they are the ones spending their money and time being invested in this character) others would consider "development" (and they would be just as valid for thinking that for the very same reasons).
    My interpretation of Jean is never going to be Merc's interpretation of Jean...we both fully understand this and yet we can both acknowledge and appreciate each other's love for the character...and that is okies, as it should be. My "disagreements" with some of their perspectives cannot in any way devalue what they think, feel and believe about Jean...unless they want/allow it to.

Having and offering a different perspective on what is written in story isn't undermining another's thoughts and input...unless it's done deliberately and we all know who those persons are...it's just offering a different perspective, to either be acknowledge (in agreement or disagreement) or completely ignored.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

̶N̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶.̶.̶.̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶"̶d̶i̶s̶c̶u̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶"̶.̶
    ̶
    ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶p̶r̶e̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶.̶
    ̶
    ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶,̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶L̶o̶r̶n̶a̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶i̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶m̶e̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶i̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶i̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶O̶m̶e̶g̶a̶ ̶L̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶g̶n̶e̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶S̶t̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶a̶l̶i̶d̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶
    ̶
    ̶
    ̶I̶ ̶o̶f̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶J̶e̶a̶n̶.̶ ̶A̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶o̶l̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶J̶e̶a̶n̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶i̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶X̶-̶m̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶e̶p̶a̶t̶h̶i̶c̶ ̶h̶i̶e̶r̶a̶r̶c̶h̶y̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶u̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶m̶e̶n̶t̶?̶

Ask yourselves this, take Jean completely out of this issue...what changes? Now ask yourself the same question about Storm, Magneto, or Xavier.
    Take Jean out of the equation and everybody and their momma is gonna talk about her as if she was still there.

I think it's gonna be like the 90's. People don't consider it one of the best eras for her, and it's definetely not as memorable as X-Factor and Morrison before and after, but it wasn't exactly too bad and has its hidden gems.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Again agreed. And several times on ive read on this thread talking down to those asking to see more respect and care and consequence as just us wanting the narrative to be all about Jean.

And then saying stuff like oh other characters have to deal with it so it’s ok. Yeah, no. If I dont like what’s happening I’ll voice it. I dont care that it can happen to other characters it doesnt make it right or ok.
    Sending nothing but love back!!!

This!!

Duggan has done good work with Jean but it's missing development, where did she start, what did she overcome, and where is she now. We're lacking that in X-men but I can acknowledge she's in good hands, what I'm continuously frustrated by is if you stand back and actually examine what Jean has done since the dawn of Krakoa it is all superficial which imo leads no where. She's a primary factor in X-men and she'll appear in Judgement Day, but she has no ongoing story for writers to develop.

And I'm sorry for being a downer but changing a costume, starting a team, and a few one off moments of badassery doesn't equal development, imo. Especially when legitimately all of her peers are doing the same exact thing and in much more memorable situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Very well said my fellow poster, if I could I Would print this post in gold and stick it to my wall, been feeling the same for a long while…

Thank you & thank you a thousand time for telling it like it is, somehow along the way asking for some reasonable quality in the writing and editorial handle of the character has become a taboo or a stigma….

Sending nothing but love back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's gonna be like the 90's. People don't consider it one of the best eras for her, and it's definetely not as memorable as X-Factor and Morrison before and after, but it wasn't exactly too bad and has its hidden gems.
    I can agree with this, the 90s feel very reminisce of this era, she incredibly visible. Cameos in various other comics, has a headlining spot in whats billed as one of the flagship titles, she's happy and apparently in love, but her contributions can readily be replicated by anyone, again imo.

I guess I'm just wondering and maybe even asking. Because this is the hand we've been dealt is the expectation that we tolerate how she's used until/if a writer comes along and push for more for Jean?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, I think this what people will say, pretty much.