Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
It's a nostalgia thing. Sort of like the adulation for the Jim Lee Jean Grey costume. Jott was what was happening when alot of people first heard of X-Men.
While that might be the case for a lot of people it isn't the case for everyone. I like Jott because they're shown as a couple that took a while to get together, fell apart for a bit, before coming back to one another. They read like first loves who genuinely do love each other despite all the mess that they've been through, and they have such a nice rapport and dynamic that just makes them work. They understand each other more than they understand anyone else or anyone else understands them, they bring out the best in each other, and again despite the mess that they've been through they actively (currently) have such a healthy dynamic with or without the open relationship with one another.

Maybe it's the romantic in me paired with the fact that I'm in a healthy relationship myself but I love seeing healthy relationships like theirs portrayed in comics because most creators prefer not to show those kinds of things in favor of drama.