Page 175 of 473 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The first power to manifest was her tk when she pushed Annie in front of a moving car because she found her to be an insufferable insipid brat then she used her tp to savor Annie’s last thoughts as her childhood rival faded into oblivion.

In truth what really happened that day goes as follows: spoilers:
    as the young but still inexperienced Jean Grey entered Annie’s mind to belittle the helpless victim, curiosity got the best of her and she got too close, too involved …… that is when Annie in a final act of desperation fueled by her impending doom was able to switch herself with the original Jean sending the girl to take her much deserved spot in hell. Annie would from now on live her life as the goody two shoes Jean Grey we all have come to love while the real Jean Grey (the original evil one)would only manifest herself again many years later in the form of Maddie Pryor
    end of spoilers
    More than once I've had the experience of making a joke and it ends up actually happening, fair warning that if this happens, it's going to feel worse than you imagine .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

There's already a certain probability of something that intentionally takes a spiteful dump on Jean Grey happening. It wouldn't take much cosmic influence lol

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

i just noticed that Jean is listed as Jean Grey on that card cover instead of Marvel Girl

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Lmao, you bugging. I'd like to read the full story though
    That story can be read in Bazzare Adventures #27.
    Last edited by Micabe; 04-22-2022 at 08:31 PM.

BANNED

Double post deleted.
    Last edited by Micabe; 04-22-2022 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Love this art of the team.

The indented pic of Cyke and Jean. “Cyclops (back) Jean Grey (FRONT)” Ohh, I know THAT’s right!! ����

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    She saying that she's going to break up with cyke and stay with Emma *.*
    I'll bet dollars to doughnuts you wish that were true

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Dauterman's covers were nothing sort of amazing. I swear he's climbing up the ranks of my favorite Marvel artists.

I can't stop looking at this. Really perfect. Cyclops head condom needs to go though. Jean looks perfect here. I wished her back would be still open....

I cannot stop seeing a phoenix effect behind Jean instead of sunfire’s flame
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Looking at Dauterman's piece for the group hurts a little. He just gets it. He gets it and it shows in the art. But when I look at the books... it's just not there.

Talk about wasted opportunities... You have Scott and Jean co-leading a team and you're not doing anything about playing their strengths as leaders or what it means to those characters to get to this point.

Leadership is a natural fit for someone as inspiring and charismatic like Jean (ENFJs have their own, interesting, brand of leadership), while Scott can finally take a rest from having to embody all aspects of this role - given that he's sharing it with someone he trusts more than he trust himself - so he can dedicate his intellect to what he actually loves: strategy, logics, tactics...

All the other instances in which Jean decided to get into leadership roles were because he wasn't there. It was, in part, her way to honour him, to keep the work of their lives and herself alive.

You want to sell this whole Krakoa-BS of celebrating life and living? Stop lecturing me about it and show me a touching scene like that in which he tells her they have lost too much time already with insecurities and self-doubt and that she needs to allow herself to be her potential all the time, not only when she thinks it's required of her. She doesn't need to be afraid of losing control if she doesn't have this kind of pressure on her shoulders. She's one of the most psychologically resilient amongst them and one with the strongest moral compass (not really under Duggan, but well...). And besides, he'd actually enjoy not having to deal with people and their feelings. Not having to convince the team what to do or get them really inspired. What would take him hours of preparing to kinda fake this inspiring leader thing, she does with a smile and a heartfelt "We can do it, guys". :D

*big sigh*...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I cannot stop seeing a phoenix effect behind Jean instead of sunfire’s flame
    Yes. His shoulder looks indeed like a beak!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Looking at Dauterman's piece for the group hurts a little. He just gets it. He gets it and it shows in the art. But when I look at the books... it's just not there.

Talk about wasted opportunities... You have Scott and Jean co-leading a team and you're not doing anything about playing their strengths as leaders or what it means to those characters to get to this point.

Leadership is a natural fit for someone as inspiring and charismatic like Jean (ENFJs have their own, interesting, brand of leadership), while Scott can finally take a rest from having to embody all aspects of this role- given that he's sharing it with someone he trusts more than he trust himself - so he can dedicate his intellect to what he actually loves: strategy, logics, tactics...
    I only partially can agree with you assessment. I think Jean's work with Synch in particular showed a lot of her beautiful leadership quality. We could also argue that she helped him to unlock his omega potential. I think Duggan always showed Jean's strength as a leader.

My problem is the lack of team dynamics in this book. This team never really came together as a team for me. This image is the first time I see it.