Page 23 of 473 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

I really didn’t want a fight between Wanda and Jean *sighs* the stans are going to be wild in Twitter if this is true lol

Yeah, it will be a warzone

BANNED

As long as Jean doesn't get totally embarrassed, it's fine. It's not her movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Rosenberg confused me. His Jean was saying that she doesn’t know what the Phoenix is and what it does, and... girl you were the Phoenix of the Crown? how can you not know? lol as you said it was written as if we didn’t know anything about Jean past with the Phoenix. And her seeing it as an abusive and toxic force is contradictory. Before her death, Jean wasn’t in denial nor ashamed of being Phoenix. Back in the Seagle and Kelly story she was done with being haunted by this part of herself and she decided to reclaim the identity. She literally said to Hank that she know this time she will do fine, in Morrison. But I guess that the bad stories made about Phoenix when Jean was dead (like AvX) produced a Mandela Effect, and maybe that’s why Rosenberg had that idea that Phoenix was nothing but toxicity for Jean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You are correct. In the past, Jean was not sorry that the Phoenix saved her and the X-Men nor was she ashamed. Of course, Jean would have preferred the Aspargas People ( ) did not die, but that was the DP spun out of control. Jean says to Beast that this time is different because it was "me, not just a part of me" meaning a whole, complete Jean not a mental fragment of Jean as before. Plus, Jean knows what happened in the past and learned from it. In addition, Jean was much more powerful in the Morrison run as she was coming into her Omega Level Powers at that point.

I do not know why rosenberg and other writers and fans dislike the Phoenix and only see it as "toxic" instead of seeing it as a "great idea with bad writing surrounding it" these days!
    While AvX definitely forced this idea of Phoenix being evil now, I think Marvel did some synergy with Last Stand to have this happen, 'cause while the Phoenix from that is just some evil personality, Marvel just adapted the very basic of the Phoenix Force being evil.

I think Dark Phoenix saga itself doesn't help with this, it's the most iconic X-Men story, and it has the Phoenix being something evil that Jean can't control, and maybe because of misunderstanding, or just that particular part of it being liked, it kept this idea of Phoenix being evil.

To compare with something similar I've noticed, at DC we have Wally West, the third Flash, and he has the very iconic story Return of Barry Allen, in it, Wally feels like he can't live up to the previous Flash, at the end of the story, he accepts he has surpassed Barry, and afterwards, he doesn't really think about how he can't live up to Barry, but this story being iconic, and having this element of Wally not being able to live up to Barry, I've seen some fans thinking that Wally was still like this for a long time, when he just wasn't.

I think "Evil Phoenix" is similar to this, but Marvel screwed it up more, the story itself has Dark Phoenix being iconic, Last Stand has the Phoenix being evil, AvX, while a **** story, it's major by comic standards (Since it was still early in this hero vs hero nonsense) brings back the Phoenix and now she makes people go out of control for shits and giggles, the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon has the Phoenix being a bad thing and the plot is about not letting Jean have it because she likely wouldn't be able to control it (And Emma preventing that from happening stops a bad future), and even something as simple as Jean in Marvel vs Capcom 3 has Dark Phoenix (And DP itself because colossally infamous on the fanbase of that game, but that's another story lol).

So yeah, I think it's a loop, Dark Phoenix is iconic because it's evil, led to adaptations using her like she's only evil, and that goes back to the comics where Phoenix Force is made to be just evil, and it keeps looping, with the situation for the Phoenix Force becoming worse and worse, and now she's getting Aaron'd... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Man that's adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I really didn’t want a fight between Wanda and Jean *sighs* the stans are going to be wild in Twitter if this is true lol
    Still skeptical about it,...if it is 90s Jean, what chance would she even have against Wanda? Boring fight...we need Phoenix Jean Grey from the end of Dark Phoenix.

But I guess Marvel will try to cross-promote the new 90s TV show with Jean and Xavier?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Still skeptical about it,...if it is 90s Jean, what chance would she even have against Wanda? Boring fight...we need Phoenix Jean Grey from the end of Dark Phoenix.

But I guess Marvel will try to cross-promote the new 90s TV show with Jean and Xavier?
    I doubt it would be the actual animated incarnations.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 01-09-2022 at 01:26 AM.

1200_previewbanner_200572_PhnxJGMaq.jpg

there will be a new sideshow sculpture for Jean/Phoenix. Pretty cool.

https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/p...-grey-maquette

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Ooh I like this statue. Jean is trying her hardest not to lose control. She doesn't want to hurt anyone even if it means she has to die in the process. Not the most harmonious depiction of Jean's relation with the Phoenix but it perfectly captures the struggle she had to go through during the Dark Phoenix Saga. My only gripe is that Phoenix has the green costume when it looks like she is going dark meaning the red costume would fit more. I suspect they did this because the green bodysuit would pop more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Ooh I like this statue. Jean is trying her hardest not to lose control. She doesn't want to hurt anyone even if it means she has to die in the process. Not the most harmonious depiction of Jean's relation with the Phoenix but it perfectly captures the struggle she had to go through during the Dark Phoenix Saga. My only gripe is that Phoenix has the green costume when it looks like she is going dark meaning the red costume would fit more. I suspect they did this because the green bodysuit would pop more.
    she is also in her 90s outfit. So it is more of a depiction of the character Jean Grey as a whole throughout the years, I suppose.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

she is also in her 90s outfit. So it is more of a depiction of the character Jean Grey as a whole throughout the years, I suppose.
    That's what I understand here too. I mean Jean was not actually a Phoenix host during the time she wore the 90s outfit although she picked up the Phoenix codename.

BANNED

XMen Apocalypse Jean was in the 80s. Dark Phoenix took place in the 90s.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    XMen Apocalypse Jean was in the 80s. Dark Phoenix took place in the 90s.
    XMen Apocalypse = Age of Apocalypse?

I was reading the Trial of Magneto and apparently they allude to Wanda being the Spark of Life and I couldn't help but think isn't the Phoenix.....?

Thanks for posting.

While I do like it, with both Jean and Phoenix looking powerful, Phoenix is giving me Dark Phoenix vibes. Phoenix is supposed to be about Life and Light. Her hair should be down, she should be smiling and the wings should be a lighter yellow color.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    While AvX definitely forced this idea of Phoenix being evil now, I think Marvel did some synergy with Last Stand to have this happen, 'cause while the Phoenix from that is just some evil personality, Marvel just adapted the very basic of the Phoenix Force being evil.

I think Dark Phoenix saga itself doesn't help with this, it's the most iconic X-Men story, and it has the Phoenix being something evil that Jean can't control, and maybe because of misunderstanding, or just that particular part of it being liked, it kept this idea of Phoenix being evil.

To compare with something similar I've noticed, at DC we have Wally West, the third Flash, and he has the very iconic story Return of Barry Allen, in it, Wally feels like he can't live up to the previous Flash, at the end of the story, he accepts he has surpassed Barry, and afterwards, he doesn't really think about how he can't live up to Barry, but this story being iconic, and having this element of Wally not being able to live up to Barry, I've seen some fans thinking that Wally was still like this for a long time, when he just wasn't.

I think "Evil Phoenix" is similar to this, but Marvel screwed it up more, the story itself has Dark Phoenix being iconic, Last Stand has the Phoenix being evil, AvX, while a **** story, it's major by comic standards (Since it was still early in this hero vs hero nonsense) brings back the Phoenix and now she makes people go out of control for shits and giggles, the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon has the Phoenix being a bad thing and the plot is about not letting Jean have it because she likely wouldn't be able to control it (And Emma preventing that from happening stops a bad future), and even something as simple as Jean in Marvel vs Capcom 3 has Dark Phoenix (And DP itself because colossally infamous on the fanbase of that game, but that's another story lol).

So yeah, I think it's a loop, Dark Phoenix is iconic because it's evil, led to adaptations using her like she's only evil, and that goes back to the comics where Phoenix Force is made to be just evil, and it keeps looping, with the situation for the Phoenix Force becoming worse and worse, and now she's getting Aaron'd... Yeah.
    I like how the Dark Phoenix movie made it about Jean's repressed trauma and the force simply unlocked mental health issues she already had. Though that didn't stop people from misreading the premise and thinking that the force was the direct cause of her mental instability.