Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
This is true but this Jason Aaron stuff imo is even worse......everything he has done with Phoenix has been bad to very bad....I hope its retconned out of existence...
On another Note I would Like for the PF to go back to just being A Force not good or evil just serving its purpose.....the only reason it got corrupted originally was due to Human Emotion and Sensations...but marvel keeps leaning into the dark phoenix stuff to lesser returns each time....its almost become like galactus simply a come up for a writers favorite character perhaps that is a sign you have arrived.
And they also don’t care about what the Dark Phoenix was about. Jean went Dark for a series of reasons and not bc Phoenix is “evil”, but current writers do not care about it and they just use these fake Dark Phoenixes as generic villains now, or as a default setting. Which makes me mad bc now readers truly believe that Phoenix is nothing but a villain/power-up, but on the other hand it makes me have this childish sentiment that the more modern writers keep making bad stories of Phoenix without Jean, the more the OG Phoenix stories keep being the best (and the relevant) ones.