Page 153 of 473 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 7090
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm personally a huge fan of the Goblin Queen as a villain. I like her telenovela level madness origin story and having her as a villain for the X-Men. I wished someone would use her and give her a new agenda and motivation. I don't want to lose the Goblin Queen again and have her transformed into "the real Jean" all along.

It also sounds like bad writing that needs all those heavy retcons in order to make sense.

Claremont's X-Men: The End" storyline had also the idea that Madeline and Jean are the same. I think they merged in the end? I cannot remember.

#TeamGoblinQueen
    No that's right. Maddie appears and claims that she and Jean should have always been one. She then sacrifices her life to restore Jean and Scott, and they presumably merge to be rejoined.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    A source shared a “bombshell” with me last night regarding the purported upcoming changes and direction the X-Franchise is going to take next year. I’m only going to share what pertains to Jean. Take this with a grain of salt.

This sounds so convoluted, I just can’t see it being true, maybe an alternate timeline story as others are suggesting? Why would Teen Jean be the reason for Dark Phoenix coming about when it was an aim of hers during her stay in the 616 Universe to stop that future from happening to her? I don’t buy it, thanks for sharing Mercury but I’m praying your source isn’t reliable my friend! ��

A source shared a “bombshell” with me last night regarding the purported upcoming changes and direction the X-Franchise is going to take next year. I’m only going to share what pertains to Jean. Take this with a grain of salt.

The "Real JG" was deposited into the "correct body", and it was not Maddie's.

Oh Claremont, is this the best, the most ingenious and freshest twist you could come up with? Tsk, Tsk. Marvel, don't do this.....!

Now, making Jean Phoenix again, OK, let's do that!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

spill it!!!!! I want some tea!
    Done. Now, spread the wealth to those who request it.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    No that's right. Maddie appears and claims that she and Jean should have always been one. She then sacrifices her life to restore Jean and Scott, and they presumably merge to be rejoined.
    To be clear, part of this purported leak intrigues me. Some days or weeks ago, I shared how I view Jean's mythology:

Like the god Osiris, who went from giver of life to ruler of the dead after he was dismembered, his parts scattered and later only partially restored, Jean’s mythos centers on fragmentation and the struggle for unification of her seemingly disparate parts. From Uncanny X-Men #243:

In a sense, the struggle to unify Jean’s parts stems from editors, writers, and fans alike, who have all grown smitten with her fragments and their ideal versions of her, be it Marvel Girl, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, Madelyne Pryor, Goblin Queen, White Phoenix, or simply Jean Grey.

I also recall BobbysWorld sharing an interesting take on the relationship and dynamic between Madelyne and Jean some months back, though I'm not sure if they would like what is supposedly planned. In either case, I like the idea of Jean's fragments being reunited; however, I don't like the idea of vilifying teenage Jean, i.e., fragmenting her more to do so.

If Claremont is going to do this, he should be allowed to use the Phoenix Force to tie it all up and just reunite ALL of Jean's fragments, leaving teenage Jean intact as simply Jean's younger self.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    This sounds so convoluted, I just can’t see it being true, maybe an alternate timeline story as others are suggesting? Why would Teen Jean be the reason for Dark Phoenix coming about when it was an aim of hers during her stay in the 616 Universe to stop that future from happening to her? I don’t buy it, thanks for sharing Mercury but I’m praying your source isn’t reliable my friend! ��
    This source has reported valid and accurate leaks before. We'll see.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

making something ridiculous convoluted even more convoluted...lol why not...

I always loved all this convoluted Summers/Grey family madness over the last 60 years. So, I'll strap in for the ride.

I cannot imagine Claremont not using the Phoenix Force again in some capacity.

Bleedingcool also had a leak that Claremont will return a couple of days ago.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Whew, that sounds awful. Sorry, but I feel like if that's going to happen then I'm going to hate it. Teen Jean was present for Phoenix resurrection when adult Jean returned. They interacted before Jeen went back. It makes no sense.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I was agreeing with you! Also, what are your thoughts on the rumored leak I posted above?

Personally, it intrigues me, save for the part where they vilify teenage Jean. I swear, if they **** with her…

I could sign on for the rest. Considering how he feels about them, maybe Claremont will be reuniting Jean and the Phoenix Force, too. We’ll see.

SORRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY....

Honestly, this is why being a fan of Jean often sucks, what at all about any of this is beneficial to Jean? I don't understand why the only ideas writers have for Jean is removing something from her. I wouldn't be surprised, however once again YEARS of Jean's stories would be thrown out. Yet, there is NEVER an actualized plan or long term story goal that would replace any of the development she's received in this era.

How is this any different than the Phoenix Force fiasco of the 80's where it was divorced from Jean, this seems like a petty and shortsighted thought, that if true would not give Jean any agency. Once again she's a product of having her life stolen, where's the unique story-telling ideas that adds to Jean mythos?
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 04-06-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Sounds awful. I would prefer that Maddie and Jean are kept as separate beings and I don't understand why Maddie even had to be a fragment of Jean in the first place. Plus I'm worried that this might lead to parts of Jean's history being erased. Such a move would be just as bad as outright killing her off if not even worse.

Liked the issue quite a bit. Jean’s part was nice glimpse at the bite she could give when tested. Ponytail Red costume. Didn’t see that one coming.

For the redesign art thing Merc posted, I like the last three placements best (though I exclude the Phoenix one since it feels more like something Emma would wear). I am an avid defender that the Marvel Girl outfit should have merely been updated, not completely done away with. (Not that the Gala look is not a good replacement) We have Jean in bodysuits all the time with her New X-Men and Marvel Girl outfits as being the outliers, yet they count New X-Men’s the good one, despite how boring it is. There should be more creativity and challenge than just another super-hero suit that covers her from head-to-toe. So, I am glad that we can see artist go ham.

As for the “leak”, I am taking it with a massive grain of salt. It would be a huge revelation, but:

1) There has been no evidence of this in current stories. Nevermind past stories that can easily be retconned. (I mean, there are arguments that are valid about stories in the past contradicting it, but if it gets retconned, then there is nothing we could say that changes it) The X-Line has been very unified in how the story is. For as flawed as the characterizing has been for Jean, we haven’t gotten any hints of Teen Jean to even remotely consider that it is her running around with full knowledge of the future. If there was anywhere I would say it would happen, it would have been the issue of X-Men where Jean fights Nightmare that we could have seen a glimpse, because by all accounts, Jean is summarizing who she has been throughout her life. That would have been where the hint was if this were true.

2) Jordan D. White did confirm Madelyne was gonna die in New Mutants. We may have resurrection, but permanent death isn’t impossible and the issue is about Maddie vs Magik. I see a confrontation coming that could lead to a permanent end to Madelyne, whether it is by death or just expunging her from the line. I am not keeping my hopes up for anything beyond a traditional villain story for Maddie.

3) Why exactly is Claremont of all people the one driving this change? As far as I can recall, no one has even mentioned Claremont’s contribution to the line. We have talks of how Gillen, Duggan, Vita, Leah, Ewing, and so many others fit into the group. Of Claremont was this involved, J would have expected there being praises of his current stories. No?

I am very suspicious and skeptical. Are we certain the source can be trusted @Mercury?
    Last edited by PyroFN; 04-06-2022 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    SORRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY....

Honestly, this is why being a fan of Jean often sucks, what at all about any of this is beneficial to Jean? I don't understand why the only ideas writers have for Jean is removing something from her. I wouldn't be surprised, however once again YEARS of Jean's stories would be thrown out. Yet, there is NEVER an actualized plan or long term story goal that would replace any of the development she's received in this era.

How is this any different than the Phoenix Force fiasco of the 80's where it was divorced from Jean, this seems like a petty and shortsighted thought, that if true would not give Jean any agency. Once again she's a product of having her life stolen, where's the unique story-telling ideas that adds to Jean mythos?
    But Teen Jean is Jean so it wouldn’t be removing any of Jean’s agency? Unless, Claremont makes a clear distinction between both and our Jean ends up being Maddie and teen Jean from X-Factor onwards is branded as an imposter?? UGH!! My head hurts! But yeah, I frickin hope they don’t add any more stupid retcons to Jean’s history otherwise my head-canon will become the only type of canon in my world lol.

making something ridiculous convoluted even more convoluted...lol why not...

I always loved all this convoluted Summers/Grey family madness over the last 60 years. So, I'll strap in for the ride.

I cannot imagine Claremont not using the Phoenix Force again in some capacity.

Bleedingcool also had a leak that Claremont will return a couple of days ago.
    Interesting. I mean, I suppose you are not wrong. Even the Nightcrawler solo had a singular moment where White Phoenix appeared where it wasn’t all that necessary to begin with. I am skeptical as heck, but this does feel suspicious.

SORRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY....
    No need to apologize!

Part of this purported leak is brimming with pathos and potential for Jean; part of it sucks. Ultimately, I favor reuniting Jean's fragments; however, I don't like the idea of vilifying teenage Jean, i.e., fractionalizing Jean more to do so. Instead, Claremont should simply return the Phoenix Force to Jean and use it to reunite all of her fragments, leaving teenage Jean intact.

That being said, the part having to do with Madelyne being "the real Jean" could introduce some exciting possibilities. Of course, as is always the case with comic book retcons, it all depends on how it is executed. If done right, it could be an exciting change. It could also all go horribly wrong. We'll have to see.

I find it funny and serendipitous that, not too long ago, I tweeted and posted here my brief comparison of Jean and Osiris.

I totally empathize with your frustration.
    Last edited by Mercury; 04-06-2022 at 11:48 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Another bit I'll add for context regarding the purported leak: Jean's plotline is part of a larger arc encompassed by Claremont's "swan song." Apparently, he's retiring from comics.

#XofSwords2

Jean's dad Claremont said several times that Jean and Phoenix are one. So, I cannot imagine that his ultimate/last plan for the character will not be more complex than this. There will be a Phoenix twist. I bet.

Maybe the leaker only heard a small part of the whole story. Or Claremont is still developing it and it was only a first idea/pitch?

Let's hope it will be better than this "leak" because this would be a catastrophe for Jean Grey once again. Maybe even worse than the Phoenix-only-impersonated-her-body-mind-soul-fiasco-but-it-was-not-really-her.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-06-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Attachment 120010

Finally another interpretation of the new costume I like!!

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-suit-up-ep...-avengers-war/