Page 167 of 473 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 7090
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m not gonna tell Duggan what to do but I am gonna tell him if I am enjoying or not what he is doing and so far his 2022 work is leaving me dry …..as for the rest …..considering this is the Jean grey appreciation thread I’m not gonna feel bad for wishing juicer narratives upon her, I believe it’s only natural when you are a fan. I wish I could look forward to something but she’s doing nothing and nothing is happening to her…..I mean what else is there to do? More costume complaining?
    You don't have to complain. You could simply type that everything is totally interesting and compelling as if it was, and admonish people for showing up at Duggan's house and accosting him for not writing more bombastic events for Jean, even though no one is doing that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m not gonna tell Duggan what to do but I am gonna tell him if I am enjoying or not what he is doing and so far his 2022 work is leaving me dry …..as for the rest …..considering this is the Jean grey appreciation thread I’m not gonna feel bad for wishing juicer narratives upon her, I believe it’s only natural when you are a fan. I wish I could look forward to something but she’s doing nothing and nothing is happening to her…..I mean what else is there to do? More costume complaining?
    I don’t want you too stop talking about your opinions. I just think we forget about what we already have a lot of times, to where we sound ungrateful. Especially since I remember a time in the 90’s and somewhat the IvX era where Jean has been relegated to having no arcs, basically no personality or agency, and was defined as a lesser telepath than Emma and Xavier for how little she used to do. She was considered a very boring character with nothing interesting beyond Phoenix.

Again, I ain’t saying we shouldn’t voice our opinions. More that we should take into context what exactly Jean did do, so as not to come off as if this were the worst Jean has had it and that we all should be on the same page about how boring this portrayal is.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I don’t want you too stop talking about your opinions. I just think we forget about what we already have a lot of times, to where we sound ungrateful. Especially since I remember a time in the 90’s and somewhat the IvX era where Jean has been relegated to having no arcs, basically no personality or agency, and was defined as a lesser telepath than Emma and Xavier for how little she used to do. She was considered a very boring character with nothing interesting beyond Phoenix.

Again, I ain’t saying we shouldn’t voice our opinions. More that we should take into context what exactly Jean did do, so as not to come off as if this were the worst Jean has had it and that we all should be on the same page about how boring this portrayal is.
    I know things could be worse, the 90 were a mixed bag and in some way kinda similar to the situation we have today but at the very least Jean is alive, also The first decade of the 2000 was a nightmarish, I guess I’m just missing the thrill I used to experience when I went shopping for new comics.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Mark Brooks:

Pretty awesome pic. But I also understand that people starting to get more and more tired of this new outfit. I'm also getting a little annoyed by several artists' lackluster interpretation of Dauterman's design. It is very similar to her awful 90s look and way too much green (it is the gala look but done bad). It looks way too similar to a Power Rander amor in my eyes. I still prefer the green and yellow redesign from X-Men Red.

Maybe a yellow phoenix emblem on her chest would help...;-)
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-16-2022 at 02:18 AM.

Mark Brooks:

Pretty awesome tbh. Fiery red-headed Jean burning like a true Phoenix with anger and ready to dole out some serious psionic punishment on her enemies!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Better than Moira’s and Beast’s character assassination, Betsy being stripped of a character (Jean at least retains being a leader with high morals. Give her conflict and she will be fine), Gambit being relegated to just Rogue’s tag along, Sebastian Shaw looking like an incompetent fool, or Xavier and Magneto looking like absolute fools for most of their decisions.

You’re damn right I’m grateful. I’m grateful Jean hasn’t been dumbed down, been relegated to going back on character development like her potential gone or her relationships ruined, or been relegated as always needing the Phoenix to be a powerful character. The only real issue I see if what Tank has brought up before. She needs more challenge and conflict, which can be fixed with a fresh new threat.
    ''It's not Jean's solo'' or ''It's not Jean's focus but the team''. I'm reading this often and it seems like an excuse for not developing it. Since Hickman this... Making Jean forget her powers or have a panic attack, it was enough, right? (apart from the costume regression)

I don't think her relationship with Cyke is a development, it seems like something stuck in the past (compared to other X-Womans)... Are they both cute? Yes.
    Putting a frame with the absurd use of power, is it cool? Yes, but no development. It seems like it's just to please a couple of fans to legitimize how strong she is. Sorry but no.

Teen Jean had development*. The scans that Mercury brings show a development of Jean.

It's a phase, and like everything... it can change.

I love the way the new design looks. While I get tired of seeing Jean in green, it is so refreshing to see her in a modern version of her 90’s look. I absolutely hated the mustard yellow and green recolor of her X-men red costume-she looked like a teenage mutant ninja turtle character. My favorite part of the gala costume is her X boots: I wish the X’s were more prominent and higher on her shins. Oh and I love the green tiara!

I will continue to say that nothing Jean wears will ever come close to the perfection that is her Phoenix costume (in any color). Until she wears it again, my default colors will sway to red/metallic blue, as those colors reference an independent Jean.
    Last edited by Marvelboy1974; 04-16-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Fantastic Member

As someone who could give a tinkers tool about the phoenix, I WISH THE WRITERS would go the obvious route of having Jean as a diplomat for Karaoke. Jean bonding with the Fantastic Four, Steve. Rogers, Tony Stark. The Inhumans like Black Bolt.

Wish they would scrap the open marriage nonsense. makes zero sense for Jeans character or anyone else involved.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    As someone who could give a tinkers tool about the phoenix, I WISH THE WRITERS would go the obvious route of having Jean as a diplomat for Karaoke. Jean bonding with the Fantastic Four, Steve. Rogers, Tony Stark. The Inhumans like Black Bolt.

Wish they would scrap the open marriage nonsense. makes zero sense for Jeans character or anyone else involved.
    I'm really sick of writers making Jean and Logan a thing, but even moreso I hate this open relationship "thing" that she has going on with Cyclops and Logan (despite how they seem to imply its all about free love on Krakoa I'm pretty sure most other relationships are depicted as monogamous so it stands out even more). Would prefer for her to pick one. Or at least be real with it and show someone being jealous or something, just not whatever they've been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I'm really sick of writers making Jean and Logan a thing, but even moreso I hate this open relationship "thing" that she has going on with Cyclops and Logan (despite how they seem to imply its all about free love on Krakoa I'm pretty sure most other relationships are depicted as monogamous so it stands out even more). Would prefer for her to pick one. Or at least be real with it and show someone being jealous or something, just not whatever they've been doing.
    The worst part is, if it wasn't for Percy, we wouldn't notice the open marriage thing. They never interact outside of X-force and the horrible event that was X Lives. It doesn't add anything particularly positive or even negative to Jean's character. It's just there.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    ''It's not Jean's solo'' or ''It's not Jean's focus but the team''. I'm reading this often and it seems like an excuse for not developing it. Since Hickman this... Making Jean forget her powers or have a panic attack, it was enough, right? (apart from the costume regression)
    Wrong answer.

1) My saying “It’s not a Jean solo” is not an excuse. It is the reality of the situation. You are complaining about Jean not getting development on an comic issue about X-23 and Rogue. There are times and places for this kind of thing and this comic issue was not the place since Jean isn’t meant to have any notable developments in this issue. Yet, she was miles more useful here than she used to be in some older comics. We can advocate for better, but not demand it.

I am not everyone else, but I can see where they come from when they answer this. Jean will have her time to shine when the writer decides it’s her turn. This fact is not up for debate.

2) You need to move on from Hickman. He is gone now. We can say Duggan isn’t doing a stellar job if we aren’t impressed, but we do not apply Hickman’s sins to Duggan’s work.

I don't think her relationship with Cyke is a development, it seems like something stuck in the past (compared to other X-Womans)... Are they both cute? Yes.
    Putting a frame with the absurd use of power, is it cool? Yes, but no development. It seems like it's just to please a couple of fans to legitimize how strong she is. Sorry but no.
    I didn’t say anything about Cyclops. I said “her relationships” which is more than romance. Moira and Beast are prime examples with how terribly they were written and are seen burning bridges in a way that doesn’t serve to progress their character.

Her powers are development. It’s development when you consider the fact that Xavier has been relegated as the most powerful telepath almost the entire history of the X-Men. Jean, as his star pupil, now applies what she learned to take his place, something they pointed out in X-Men Monday. You may not like Jean being as powerful as she is, but you aren’t walking around telling me this isn’t a development for her when Claremont went so far as to name her the weakest member and Hopeless using Jean to explain how she regretted caring more about fitting in with the team than seeing what she truly could have been capable of.

Are you gonna tell me that your really need Jean thanking Xavier every chance she gets for becoming who she is? Or Jean always acknowledging where she used to be before she became who she is now?

Teen Jean had development*. The scans that Mercury brings show a development of Jean.

It's a phase, and like everything... it can change.
    News flash: That’s every comic character. You take on this attitude, there is no point to you caring so much about a comic book character because anything can and has change with just one writer with big, bright idea.

Thus, I am kindly gonna say, “Oh well”. If it happens, it happens. Until it does, I will mention it and it will be legitimate because nothing about has changed. Ergo why I am saying you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post

Here. I will give you Storm too.

I was this close 🤌🏼 to never returning but couldn’t help but want to share with you all this tip from a writer that just dropped in my DMs:

I can’t divulge any more info. 😭
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I think Daken and Somnus might be having something…I don’t know. It’s real odd how nothing is confirmed, yet Somnus is real open about how Daken is the love of life, despite knowing Daken is with Aurora.

I suppose that doesn’t entail a relationship, but it’s pretty odd dialogue for me. Sorry for the tangent.

OT: I think the Disney suits are the culprit. I remember an X-Men Monday talking about how they do their best to fit whatever they can manage to fight for in, meaning they are being mandated about what they can put in the comics. It’s quite possible that there could be some issue about portraying this kind of relationship by the higher ups.

If such is the case, some probably would prefer it not be shown at all if it isn’t portrayed right, while there are also arguments that unless someone takes that first step, nothing will change. I see merit on both sides, but don’t have any opinion myself. Nor can I even fully confirm that that is the issue for why they are still so flighty and vague about the the throuple situation. All I can say is, “I do not envy the editorials or writers position”.

I was this close ���� to never returning but couldn’t help but want to share with you all this tip from a writer that just dropped in my DMs:

I can’t divulge any more info. ��
    Hey, disappearing unceremoniously is my thing! Don’t steal my thing!