Page 197 of 473 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Huh, they really giving the Phoenix to just about anybody these days. I miss when it had standards and only hung out with Jean.

Oh no it’s Ewing now ?? He is showing me, again, that I should never trust men <\3

The house of poorly recycled ideas…… multiple ways and multiple times….
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-06-2022 at 09:53 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They are retconning Jean into Gwen's backstory?
    "This in-continuity story will see Gwen tackle a Marvel Universe-spanning conspiracy that has her cross paths with dangerous Marvel villains and team-up with the original X-Men."

Not Jean in particular it seems, she'll just meet the X-Men for whatever reason.

I do wonder if the X-Men will do anything or just waste time though, Gwen in the story is investigating the circumstances that had her father being attacked by people in New York's gangs, people like Green Goblin and Crime Master were involved in that, and the last issue before the cancellation had her being attacked by Crime Master, in other words, nothing to do with X-Men, and since back in Lee/Kirby run they barely went to New York, them getting involved in this could be weird.

Then again, there are at least two retcon stories that have Iceman ditching the X-Men and going to New York (One is in X-Men First Class vol 2, another in Slott's run of F4 which had him being a temporary member for the team), so it wouldn't be exactly out of place, just weird to get the X-Men involved in this in what's supposed to be a story that develops Gwen (Even if her personality in the mini has absolutely nothing to do with Gwen's 3 other personalities lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I dont really follow Avengers, and hate the Phoenix crap going on overthere. Couple of questions as 1000000 bc humans did not exist has Aaron explained any of that with his Pre historic xmen? Also, is Echo primarily known as Echo or Phoenix, as her code name? If still mostly called Echo then Jean should claim the Phoenix namr back, even without the Force.
    Pretty sure Echo is still going by Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The thing is, Marvel leaned into the link between Jean and Phoenix by making the first avatar a woman who looks exactly like her and shares her exact abilities—and finds a baby cyclops!—which, I feel, is something that was done purposefully as either a tip of the hat to or backdoor through which to later introduce Jean. We'll see.
    Shouldn't Odin already count as a cyclop she found? .

In either case, I'm not convinced Marvel's endgame is to completely and irreparably sever the bond between Jean and Phoenix. I just think they're cautious about uniting them once more because all eyes are drawn to her when she is Phoenix, which can be detrimental to stories and characters within as insulated a world as the one mutants occupy. As White Phoenix, she warranted her own cosmic/existential solo series, but that never came to pass. However, as I noted above, Bendis knew exactly what to do with her, which was to lean into her pathos. This is what they need to do with her now.
    Her having full on Phoenix powers could be too much to be fair (Specially White Phoenix ****), but there can be excuses for her to not use the whole thing, y'know, like it was done with Rachel, or Jean herself in Morrison's New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This appears to indicate that some hosts can feel the connection to the Force before they merge. Also of note is the fact that Jean had a cyclops toy in as a child in the animated series adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Food for thought.
    Man, starting to wonder if Jean's favorite character is Leela from Futurama .

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Oh no it’s Ewing now ?? He is showing me, again, that I should never trust men <\3
    As much as Ewing can be pretty good at understanding a lot of stuff about Marvel, he unfortunately has pitfalls like that, in early Immortal Hulk, when Hulk fought the Avengers, Thor there was down after one punch, it wasn't even a punch that sent him flying away too lol.

Still though, why in the hell is Galactus' mother getting the Phoenix? Hell, why's she a big deal? Did they retcon Galactus? As far as I remember, he was just some guy who managed to survive the end of the previous universe and got powered up for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

YAY!!! the further away they push that fowl the better for Jean.

The Phoenix needed Jean/a host...Jean as she is now doesn't need the Phoenix. And one can argue she never needed it. That without the Phoenix Jean would have/could have reached her full OL potential on her own.

Yes, the DPS is iconic but if nothing else, the moral of that story is stay away from bad drugs and toxic relationships.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Next episode: Tony Stark does not need his iron man armor, it was a toxic codependent relationship from the very start
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    YAY!!! the further away they push that fowl the better for Jean.

The Phoenix needed Jean/a host...Jean as she is now doesn't need the Phoenix. And one can argue she never needed it. That without the Phoenix Jean would have/could have reached her full OL potential on her own.

Yes, the DPS is iconic but if nothing else, the moral of that story is stay away from bad drugs and toxic relationships.
    I agree the phoenix should have stayed a cool codename and a costume restyle for Jean, the moment the bird started to talk it was game over

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Next episode: Tony Stark does not need his iron man armor, it was a toxic codependent relationship from the very start
    Tony Stark is a man and not just another character's love interest, so it's cool if he's powerful and iconic. No worries about him overshadowing anyone.

They do let other people use his "powers" alot too, but coincidentally it's never about making him less impressive for some reason, so he always gets his stuff back or a new design or something.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Tony is a mere human. A billionaire genius, but human nonetheless.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Huh, they really giving the Phoenix to just about anybody these days. I miss when it had standards and only hung out with Jean.
    I miss when the Phoenix was Jean.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You know, thinking about inferno, i would posit that Jean will never forgive the phoenix for animating maddie. I don't know why the thought popped in my head when i'm reading a whole different title must for some reason all of a sudden it made sense. The one thing Jean can't forgive is like Scott in a lot of ways with maddie she felt replaced, she could forgive scott because she was dead and he is human but i think all of that resentment, all of it, Jean lays at the feet of phoenix. So when Phoenix says your a perfect host, it can only be you, i feel like Jean feels like no it's not me, it's just my genetic makeup. And i think that's a fair reason to want to show it she can be more without it.
    Plus it wanted Jeen too, until Jean completely rejected it and it wanted her dead.

BANNED

I was just thinking, why did the Phoenix freak out from the sensations of humanity if it had been dealing with humans and having sex with gods for 10,000,000 years? Lmao I cannot take this era seriously at all.

I hope Jean gets the respect she doesn't get in comics from the Feige-verse.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I was just thinking, why did the Phoenix freak out from the sensations of humanity if it had been dealing with humans and having sex with gods for 10,000,000 years? Lmao I cannot take this era seriously at all.

I hope Jean gets the respect she doesn't get in comics from the Feige-verse.
    'Cause Jean is Jean, honey. Do I have to link "Nobody does it better" again? :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    'Cause Jean is Jean, honey. Do I have to link "Nobody does it better" again? :P
    "Jean Grey is Jean Grey is Jean Grey"

-Jean, courtesy of Dennis Hallum