Page 284 of 473 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Why wouldn't the X-Men cameos be canon? If you're referring them not being the right age, the prequels were already ignoring the aging.
    Cameos are the easiest thing for a future film to ignore, even if they weren't done for the sake of a 4th wall gag (and those appearances were done purely for a laugh, like a Family Guy cutaway scene). The film also had Deadpool go back and kill his fan hated incarnation from Origins, and Ryan Reynolds himself before he could film Green Lantern.

The only purpose of any if those scenes was to wink at the audience while getting so me laughter out of us, and for that they worked beautifully. But they aren't necessarily canon. If there is any recasting, and Deadpool comes across the new actor, expect him to reference the change in some way.

But it still won't make the Faux-Men MCU canon unless Feige says so - outside of the multiverse anyways. I'm sure they will have existed there.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Longer review:

My true hope is that we get at least an additional volume where Jean was referenced as Phoenix or maybe all of the What-If? stories that I read online that had Phoenix in them.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

But it still won't make the Faux-Men MCU canon unless Feige says so - outside of the multiverse anyways. I'm sure they will have existed there.
    That's already been confirmed by the writer of the MoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    My true hope is that we get at least an additional volume where Jean was referenced as Phoenix or maybe all of the What-If? stories that I read online that had Phoenix in them.
    For a Volume 3, I would love if we got great stories of Jean as Phoenix that are "forgotten tales" sort of thing!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Volume 2 should include Seagle and Claremont’s (i.e., Revolution) runs, during which Jean reclaimed the Phoenix codename and iconography. And, of course, Morrison’s New X-Men, along with Endsong. Vol. 3 should include No More Humans, Resurrection, Jean Grey, and Uncanny X-Men #140.5. Or they can include all of that in Vol. 2.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Also…

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Volume 2 should include Seagle and Claremont’s (i.e., Revolution) runs, during which Jean reclaimed the Phoenix codename and iconography. And, of course, Morrison’s New X-Men, along with Endsong. Vol. 3 should include No More Humans, Resurrection, Jean Grey, and Uncanny X-Men #140.5. Or they can include all of that in Vol. 2.
    Oh yes!! All of this and more, more, more, lol!

Also…

Hahaha, I love me some Jean positivity.

Also…

Also…

If Duggan has relearned the lost art of allowing more than one character in a comic to be awesome in the same issue he automatically becomes better than most X-Writers from the last decade to decade and a half. The long trend towards making stories best describes as "Writer's Fave and the Useless People" is truly unbearable when your fave is part of the latter group.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ooo. This is gonna get ugly. From AIPT:

Someone pointed out to me that if Jean and Laura are going at it, Cordyceps Jones must’ve not gotten her.

The wait for this is going to be insane!

Ooo. This is gonna get ugly. From AIPT:

Jean being stabbed by a Wolverine...that's new. ;-) lol but probably a great way to show again the Jean is beyond her physical body. She cannot be easily killed because her mind will prevail and her telekinesis can restore her body easily. She has done is before.

*sorry for double posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Jean being stabbed by a Wolverine...that's new. ;-) lol but probably a great way to show again the Jean is beyond her physical body. She cannot be easily killed because her mind will prevail and her telekinesis can restore her body easily. She has done is before.

*sorry for double posting.
    She could even use her tk to congeal the injury like she did to Fantomex in NXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    She could even use her tk to congeal the injury like she did to Fantomex in NXM.
    Yep..and she's even done it for herself as Teen Jean, "TK Bandages"...add in some telepathic pain dampening for good measure