Page 308 of 473 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 7090

🥱

In other news, I’m hearing rumors that a new Jean cover will drop this week, likely by David Nakayama.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Ugggh! Just say "NO"!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    ��

In other news, I’m hearing rumors that a new Jean cover will drop this week, likely by David Nakayama.
    Please share!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Who is this bald lady?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Please share!
    When I get more info!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Who is this bald lady?
    I figured it was Echo.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Maybe because he is old, nowhere near as old as Selene and her age limits to how far the updates go,they likely don't start from scratch as she could crash the system, (so in effect she has residual memories even without the update maybe with magic, she was restored by Arkea from particulates without even the wholeness of a body so maybe her consciousness is never far from any of her bodily form before animation)..If he had encounters with some of the externals before they were turned into a gate (or whatever else Selene did to them),he would know where to look. Just a guess
    I don't see how Selene in particular could be a problem, she's 17 thousand years old, but Cerebro already had a bunch of mutants' memories in it, which combined would have far more memories than Selene.

I also doubt she could have memories in any way, the way resurrection is made explicitly makes a new body which the memory is added later, Selene would only be an exception if she made some magic spell or whatever, but even if she is, that has to be pointed out lol.

3) Your use of Thor as an example is relevant because, ultimately, he has always been a solo superhero. That is, he started off as a solo superhero and starred in his own book for years, not as part of a team. Writers can afford to be and usually are much more extravagant with solo characters' abilities because they don't really have to worry about them overshadowing other characters.
    Also worth pointing out Thor got embarrassing defeats even before he got nerfed in Avengers comics.

Avengers#115 in particular has him, Stark and Vision, losing to cavemen, not even super-powered cavemen too.

Happens to whatever super strong characters in teams, Strange also has this problem in Defenders, 'cause with how busted he used to be, he'd manage to solve most plots quickly lol.

I figured it was Echo.
    Dunno about that, she lacks that handprint mark on her face, and Echo's eyes are brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Exactly, a nod to her Omega Level status...but ah well...I'll headcanon this preview as Jean multitaksing and also administering the "once-a-week" backups to the other cradle sites or something, lol
    Jean has been shown wearing the cerebro helmet before along with Exodus and another mutant who I can’t recall. Emma was there too putting xavier’s mind back in if I recall correctly. This was either in Way of X or the related one-shot. It was during the Onslaught story if I’m not mistaken.

Anywho, I’m excited to see Jean in X-men Red even if it might just be a brief cameo.

Edit: Jean wears a cerebro helmet in Way of X issue 5 along with Hope and Exodus.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 06-27-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

Emma and the Cuckoos have also shown to use Cerebro without directly putting it on. Not for resurrection, but just using it in general, so maybe telepaths can activate and use cerebro without putting it on, but it takes extra effort or whatever. Anyway, it's not a big deal IMO

BANNED

What's the significance around wearing the helmet vs not wearing it?

If history serves, we know if Jean can do something, it's not that big of a deal and other psis can do it.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-27-2022 at 09:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I don't see how Selene in particular could be a problem, she's 17 thousand years old, but Cerebro already had a bunch of mutants' memories in it, which combined would have far more memories than Selene.

I also doubt she could have memories in any way, the way resurrection is made explicitly makes a new body which the memory is added later, Selene would only be an exception if she made some magic spell or whatever, but even if she is, that has to be pointed out lol.

Well it's just a guess , definitely Cerebro has the capacity ,but to my mind Selene could be a unique case because 17,000 years of logged memory is no joke ,and when you add the fact that she absorbed millions of souls in necrosha who is to say that those memories are not part of her memories? I get it unless it's mentioned that she spelled her mind or whatever we can only speculate ,I'm just acknowledging that Selene probably stands out and making a plausible assumption based on her history.I also think we can take it as a run-of-the-mill resurrection with nothing extraordinary, with Hope restoring her memories just that it was not shown in exact detail.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Who is this bald lady?
    Maybe a daughter of Jean and Bishop from an alternate universe

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This era is probably the worst time to be a Jean fan, counting only the times when she was alive. They are going to keep telling us they do not care about Jean. Can't wait to see how Gillen puts us in our place lmao

Maybe if the movie guys show her a lil respect the comics will follow suit.
    The issue here is that we live in the age of unapologetic creative bankruptcy, many artists and writers would rather go for the low hanging fruit and get a secure small return than build something original…
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What's the significance around wearing the helmet vs not wearing it?
    It's no big deal, but I mentioned it as a curiosity. This entire era kicks off with a resurrection scene(though we didn't fully understand it for what it was), and Xavier mysteriously wearing a Cerebro helmet, seemingly 24/7...fast-forward to X-Force #3, and the first non-Xavier telepath to perform a memory/anima restoration, and it's Jean and it looks like she's doing it "remotely" so to speak, despite wearing the helmet on the issue cover. Then the Sword issue with Fabian Cortez...but now evidence from Way of X and the new X-Men Red preview have made it arbitrary so....no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    It's no big deal, but I mentioned it as a curiosity. This entire era kicks off with a resurrection scene(though we didn't fully understand it for what it was), and Xavier mysteriously wearing a Cerebro helmet, seemingly 24/7...fast-forward to X-Force #3, and the first non-Xavier telepath to perform a memory/anima restoration, and it's Jean and it looks like she's doing it "remotely" so to speak, despite wearing the helmet on the issue cover. Then the Sword issue with Fabian Cortez...but now evidence from Way of X and the new X-Men Red preview have made it arbitrary so....no big deal
    Well, if you aren't wearing it, then the helmet will have a harder time eating your brain when it comes to evil life...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Honestly, I'm living my best life as a Jean fan right now. So much deliciousness is lined up for her...