Page 43 of 473 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    That's debatable. The way I see it, we don't really change our personality type. We just develop those functions better as we age, so we might appear to be less representative of that type, but we're still pretty much it. Or, we mistyped when we were younger because we hadn't developed much our 3rd and 4th functions yet.

The thing is that that primary function runs way too deep to ever allow another to take its place and that is enough to get you stuck in your type.

--

I'll go watch Star Trek now. But I'll read and reply later. o/
    Right, that's why I said "they can change in expression over time." Nevertheless, I'm sure different people would categorize them as different personality types. I'm definitely interested in discussing this further with you, especially in regards to what types you consider Jean and Scott to be.

Okay, I've done enough chatting about comics. I have to go workout and prepare for class! (My workload at the moment is insane! &#128557

Also, for those interested, take my Jean codename poll. 73 people have voted so far. I don't think you have to be registered on Twitter to participate. I included the following options: Red, Crimson, Obsidian, and Jean Grey. I excluded Phoenix because I knew it would win in a landslide, lol.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...28522382139403

Talk to you all later!

P.S. In addition to my avatar (by Russell Dauterman), these are some of my favorite Jeans (by John Byrne, Jim Lee, Phil Jimenez, and Stuart Immonen), aesthetically speaking.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...90852587180034
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-20-2022 at 01:08 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Right, that's why I said "they can change in expression over time." Nevertheless, I'm sure different people would categorize them as different personality types. I'm definitely interested in discussing this further with you, especially in regards to what types you consider Jean and Scott to be.

Okay, I've done enough chatting about comics. I have to go workout and prepare for class! (My workload at the moment is insane! ��)

Also, for those interested, take my Jean codename poll. 73 people have voted so far. I don't think you have to be registered on Twitter to participate. I included the following options: Red, Crimson, Obsidian, and Jean Grey. I excluded Phoenix because I knew it would win in a landslide, lol.

Talk to you all later!

P.S. In addition to my avatar (by Russell Dauterman), these are some of my favorite Jeans (by John Byrne, Jim Lee, Phil Jimenez, and Stuart Immonen), aesthetically speaking.

Yeah. I'm sure people would disagree. You can always pick that one moment that could disprove the big picture and that will be enough to make some people defend their perspective as if their life depended on it. :D

Like I said, it's just a theory and even if the theory was perfect, typing a character would not be. But I still think it's interesting to entertain those ideas as long as no one takes it too personally and just sees it as a fun exercise.

I think Scott is an INTJ and Jean is an ENFJ. But to explain why, I'd have to go into those cognitive functions and it'd probably bore people into tears, so I'll leave it at that. :)

--
    PS: I tried, but I think one must sign in to vote. I like "Red" but as a nickname for her, not a codename. So I'd have chosen Jean Grey. Unlike many fans, I actually *love* Marvel Woman (not "girl") for her because, for me, she is *the* Marvel Woman. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-20-2022 at 02:12 PM.

I'll reply to you later, GS. I have to get ready for school after this.

Okay, so I just got through with my workout, am on a total adrenaline high, and checked Twitter to find this. Duggan just tweeted it to a fan asking if Jean will be wearing her Gala outfit in issue #7. This must be a panel from issue #8 or after. She looks so fierce in shadow! This has got to be Pepe's work.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...73420850188288

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Okay, so I just got through with my workout, am on a total adrenaline high, and checked Twitter to find this. Duggan just tweeted it to a fan asking if Jean will be wearing her Gala outfit in issue #7. This must be a panel from issue #8 or after. She looks so fierce in shadow! This has got to be Pepe's work.

May this new costume also bring a development that we haven't had in the last 2 years.

Hell yes!!!! Finally.

Love this outfit. Wished for a new one though. It’s a little anticlimactic after years of ugly ass mini skirt. Now we get a recycled Gala costume. lol 😂

But I won’t complain. The design is a little basic but pretty enough.

Sigh... Wish it was a new one. But if we ask for it Duggan's not gonna have it and everyone's gonna be like "They already changed the dress and you're still complaining???"

She's going to look majestic under Larraz's pen. I'm in advanced talks with Duggan and Dauterman regarding her getting a new costume every Hellfire Gala...

She broke away from the toxicity of X-Force and the Quiet Council, founded and established the new team, which she now leads with Scott, has now transitioned to a new uniform, and will do something major by issue #12. As always, she is carving out her own unique path on her own terms and will continue to ascend...

Haters to the left, detractors to the back, lovers to the front. Let's go!

She made that horrible 90s outfit iconic. She'll rock this one for sure. :)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Sigh... Wish it was a new one. But if we ask for it Duggan's not gonna have it and everyone's gonna be like "They already changed the dress and you're still complaining???"
    I only agree because he said it was a new one on Twitter. The Gala one works fine, but he shouldn't have overhyped lol

Wished she would be still part of the council and written by Gillen in Immortal X-Men…..

That’s all what I have to say.

…and yes, the costume reveal was overhyped…

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    She made that horrible 90s outfit iconic. She'll rock this one for sure.
    You know it, love! I'm living my best life as a Jean fan right now. Hope is in the air, the possibilities are endless, and the sky is the limit! We have her being handled by a writer that likes and gets her and, on the animation side, a producer that has her tattooed on his forearm and absolutely loves her. Plus, she might be one of the first mutants to make her debut in the MCU in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, cementing that she is that important.

The next couple of years are going to be great.

You know it, love! I'm living my best life as a Jean fan right now. Hope is in the air, the possibilities are endless, and the sky is the limit! We have her being handled by a writer that likes and gets her and, on the animation side, a producer that has her tattooed on his forearm and absolutely loves her. Plus, she might be one of the first mutants to make her debut in the MCU in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, cementing that she is that important.

I. Can't. Help. It!!!

Sorry. My brain has a life of its own and it's been *very* associative with songs today! That's all I have to say. :P

But, please, do enjoy it all for me! :D

Love your excitement and enthusiasm!

Also, have not seen this Diana clip in such a long time, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Okay, I've done enough chatting about comics. I have to go workout and prepare for class! (My workload at the moment is insane! ��)

Talk to you all later!

That's an awesome collage

That small panel looks infinitely better than what Noto gave us. Frumpy midget xmen ugh.

It does look like Pepe’s art, but he’s not scheduled to do 8, 9 or 10 (Pina is on art) so it must be from 11.
    Last edited by Tank; 01-20-2022 at 04:06 PM.