Page 259 of 473 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    On the one hand...That Schiti art has me wavering on my decision to not buy AXE.
    On the other foot...Gillen's storytelling doesn't inspire me
    Oh, Deva, you must buy it! Or, if not, at the very least read the story. I think Jean is going to have significant developments in it.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    If you're reading this while logged out, please, log in. I'll send you a video with a productivity technique to help you manage your time and stress. It might be useful...
    Okay, so, two things:

1) I'll definitely check out that first video on the Pomodoro technique now.

2) I work out regularly—intense cardio and weight training are my lifelines—but the man in that video just made me swoon... How could you? I see what you are doing, GS! 🤣

Okay, I have to go work—

(I've always found this particular shot so evocative. It's from Uncanny X-Men Annual #17 [1993].)

I'll talk to you all soon! MUAH.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I just logged back into read your DM—I will do so after this—and to thank you once again. You are too sweet! :hug: Also, I really do have to work on not allowing myself to get distracted. I tend to subject myself to doing a million and one things at once. I also procrastinate a lot and put off finishing assignments to the very end, i.e., right before their respective deadlines. Part of me suspects I actually enjoy the stress and subsequent adrenaline rush. I work really well under pressure—I'm a straight-A student—but I really need to stop causing myself unnecessary headaches and heart palpitations, lol.

I will check out what you sent now and respond later.
    Structuring your time with that technique will help you not get distracted because you know the time is ticking and you want to get to your goals. Completing each of those periods successfully gives a better high than stress and does wonders for the self-esteem in the end of the day.

Besides, you're young, kiddo and you recover fast, but stress wrecks our body. It's not worth going through the damage it does to your health.

Anyway, it might not be the technique for you. It's just an idea. You'll figure out what works for you, but try working on a smarter way and it will pay off.

And, please, don't bother replying for now. Focus on the stuff you have to do. We'll still be here when you're free. :)

Okay, so, two things:

1) I'll definitely check out that first video on the Pomodoro technique now.

2) I work out regularly—intense cardio and weight training are my lifelines—but the man in that video just made me swoon... How could you? I see what you are doing, GS! ��

Okay, I have to go work—

(I've always found this particular shot so evocative. It's from Uncanny X-Men Annual #17 [1993].)

I'll talk to you all soon! MUAH.
    I know you do work out. That's why I knew you could do that one. It's just that when we're busy, we might skip going to the gym because it's too time consuming. This one gets done in 20 min + shower. :)

Once again, thank you for all of the suggestions and encouragement, Grinning Soul. I appreciate it more than I can properly express at the moment.

Also, if I had my way...

(Art by Valerio Schiti; original uniform design by Russell Dauterman; messy coloring and modifications by me. ❤️)

Okay, BACK TO WORK!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    There you go, J Watson, a coloured version. Click on them to enbiggen.

Attachment 121427

Attachment 121428
    Oh wow, i absolutely love it. Thank you!!

Honestly? I like some of your drawings just as you post them. I'd feel "cleaning" them up would be a waste, actually, 'cause I like the style and each of those lines. So I'm not saying this to push you, okay? Just to share some info, in case you're ever interested.

Rebelle is designed to replicate as much as possible the real-life painting media. So I guess it could be less of a learning curve and perhaps more enjoyable for you too. The software itself is not too expensive (relatively speaking, at least), but you can get some awesome discounts every now and then (and always for Black Friday).

This is a demo for watercolour: https://www.escapemotions.com/products/rebelle/try/
    Thanks no worries, i took it more encouragement as a i need to make time for it because i want to get better at it. ^_^

Will definitely check Rebelle out when i have some free time, definitely sounds interesting and fun.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I darkened and sharpened the tiara and added some more accent lines. I might color the highlights/gleams dark green later.

Night!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks no worries, i took it more encouragement as a i need to make time for it because i want to get better at it. ^_^

Will definitely check Rebelle out when i have some free time, definitely sounds interesting and fun.
    No problem. I find that just exploring the possibilities of the software is super fun. And it allows you to do some stuff virtually that would probably be very messy in real life too. :P

Since you're busy anyway, maybe wait for Black Friday. They usually have some really awesome discounts. :)

I darkened and sharpened the tiara and added some more accent lines. I might color the highlights/gleams dark green later.

Night!

It's looking great, Mercury. But focus on your study. There will other pretty drawings for you to colour too! :P

It's looking great, Mercury. But focus on your study. There will other pretty drawings for you to colour too! :P
    Thank you, love. I've been buried under textbooks and the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga for the last day and a half. I just finished posting 25 parts of a 31-part analysis of the DPS on Twitter. I will post parts 26-31 within 48 hours. Twitter wouldn't let me continue drafting this thread without posting the first 25 parts, and frankly, I'm too drained to continue posting, though I have the remaining parts written and relevant scans saved. This story punches me in the gut each time, especially when I view it through the analytical lens I have. For those of you who care to, tell me what you think. I'll probably jump on here sometime tomorrow night after I finish some more schoolwork.

THREAD: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...13174134079488

BANNED

I'm seriously not digging where the "X" on her costume is placed... It looks to be completely out of place on her belly button -- as opposed to the ones on her form-fitting unitard and boots.

Last edited by Micabe; 05-31-2022 at 12:51 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I've missed y'all. I've been swamped with schoolwork—I actually cried about it today—so I haven't been able to post or tweet, for that matter. This summer is going to be grueling, but I'm determined to charge forth and make it through. Anyway, I'll post at some point within the next 1-3 days. Anyway, I want to share this beautiful—rather stunning, actually—team shot by Stéphane Perger. I tweeted it out and a few hundred people dug it, so I thought I'd post it here.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...62884557967360

All I need is Ororo next to her for this team to be perfect. Love you guys and gals! Ttys! :*

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post

The first image just makes me think about what could of been during that era. I know we can't change history but I wish, Bendis got ahold of Jean like he insinuated he did following NXM. Imagine where our girl would be today if she went from a HUGE run like NXM, right on the revamped Avengers? I feel like she's always missing the era of change in the X-men and return usually when things are back to basics.

As for the second image I hate freckles on Jean, or more importantly I hate when artists try to give Jean your standard redhead starter pack. I feel like those things; like altered hair color and freckles work on characters like Siryn or Hope but with Jean for me at least her unrealistic hair color and features are all apart of her mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    …I wish, Bendis got ahold of Jean like he insinuated he did following NXM. Imagine where our girl would be today if she went from a HUGE run like NXM, right on the revamped Avengers?
    This made me quickly hop in here to ask, When did he imply this? Source?

::back to the books::

BANNED

The first image just makes me think about what could of been during that era. I know we can't change history but I wish, Bendis got ahold of Jean like he insinuated he did following NXM. Imagine where our girl would be today if she went from a HUGE run like NXM, right on the revamped Avengers? I feel like she's always missing the era of change in the X-men and return usually when things are back to basics.
    This made me quickly hop in here to ask, When did he imply this? Source?

::back to the books::
    It must have been at the very moment Marvel's editors decided to add Maya Lopez, a.k.a. Phoenix to the Avengers roster. At least Maya doesn't have telepathy and telekinesis to boot... Yet!
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-31-2022 at 05:45 PM.

As for the second image I hate freckles on Jean, or more importantly I hate when artists try to give Jean your standard redhead starter pack. I feel like those things; like altered hair color and freckles work on characters like Siryn or Hope but with Jean for me at least her unrealistic hair color and features are all apart of her mutation.
    I agree with this completely, Jean has never been shown or described as having the typical redhead features such as fair skin, extra sensitivity to sunlight, or freckles...nor Rachel for that matter (AFAIK)...nothing against them in general, but doesn't "fit" for Jean IMO.

Looking forward to checking out your tweet thread Mercury...Kudos to your energy and dedication! I've been trying to put together a post sorta delving into Jean's relationship, (past, present and possibly future) with the Astral Plane, especially in regards to her position as an Omega level telepath and now unfettered by her connection to the Phoenix Force which she says was holding her back...I kinda want her to proclaim herself as protector/guardian of the astral plane, as Xavier was said to be before by the Shadow King. We got a glimpse of Jean acting as such when she confronted Nightmare in X-Men #4....I want something bigger than firmly establishes Jean as the unquestioned authority on psionic matters in a way Xavier was regarded for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I agree with this completely, Jean has never been shown or described as having the typical redhead features such as fair skin, extra sensitivity to sunlight, or freckles...nor Rachel for that matter (AFAIK)...nothing against them in general, but doesn't "fit" for Jean IMO.

Looking forward to checking out your tweet thread Mercury...Kudos to your energy and dedication! I've been trying to put together a post sorta delving into Jean's relationship, (past, present and possibly future) with the Astral Plane, especially in regards to her position as an Omega level telepath and now unfettered by her connection to the Phoenix Force which she says was holding her back...I kinda want her to proclaim herself as protector/guardian of the astral plane, as Xavier was said to be before by the Shadow King. We got a glimpse of Jean acting as such when she confronted Nightmare in X-Men #4....I want something bigger than firmly establishes Jean as the unquestioned authority on psionic matters in a way Xavier was regarded for so long.
    I don’t remember whether you’re on Twitter, but if you are we need to discourse on there. I’m interested in reading your thoughts!

Also, I agree about the freckles, but I love Schiti—he’s so adorably sweet—and his art is fab, so I’ll let him get away with it.

Also, Mark Brooks just tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkBrook...95250959863808

Painting a little Jean today. #Jeangrey #Xmen #Judgementday #MarvelComics

The Red Dragon

Also, Mark Brooks just tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkBrook...95250959863808

Wow that looks amazing. The tiara and shoulders looks just right( sleek and not too big) compared to the previous cover where it looked too bulky and like football shoulder pads. Also the lighter green is on point!

Too many other colorists cant seem to get that lighter yellow green right and use too may dark greens for her chest piece.
    Last edited by Tank; 05-31-2022 at 07:23 PM.