Page 349 of 473 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359399449 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 7090
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm glad the animation team updated Jean's style for TAS revival. She looks great, and I'm thankful they removed some of the more 90s elements from it.

I wonder if Jean will be stepping into the role of Xavier now that he's gone. Similar to what Morrison intended and that she succeeds Xavier in being the spiritual leader of the team (for a lack of better words), while Magneto leads them in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I wonder if Jean will be stepping into the role of Xavier now that he's gone. Similar to what Morrison intended and that she succeeds Xavier in being the spiritual leader of the team (for a lack of better words), while Magneto leads them in combat.
    I thought that might be the idea, but Mags is said to lead the team. Guess we will have to wait to see....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm glad the animation team updated Jean's style for TAS revival. She looks great, and I'm thankful they removed some of the more 90s elements from it.

All I can say is that Jean will have a big and “surprising” showing.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I cannot wait to see all of Jean's strong power displays in the new series, both TK and TP!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    But yes, having her be the sorceress supreme of Limbo gives her a lot of new directions. Even her team up with Ben Reilly.
    I honestly don't really care about the team-up with Ben, it feels like his character was destroyed for the sake of being more like Madelyne (As I pointed out in another thread, his development in ASM Beyond kinda mirrors Madelyne's in Hellions).

Did Jean vote against Maddie’s resurrection early on in the Krakoa run? If she did, Maddy certainly had the right to call her out.

It was Emma Frost who convinced the QC council to resurrect Maddie.

If Jean and Scott opposed or didn’t even try, yes, Maddie should be pissed.
    I'm pretty sure Cyke only alluded to Jean not wanting Madelyne to be resurrected, Jean's own opinion on the matter wasn't shown.

Also Emma only helped for Madelyne to get resurrected as a favor for Havok, which can make it look like she doesn't care about Madelyne and did so just for Havok to be happy, and Madelyne herself was annoyed over being resurrected just because of Havok.

But anyways, they could show Jean's thoughts over this still, and Cyke's guess of "Jean wouldn't want Madelyne back" could be proven wrong, or be a case of her being only wary of Madelyne, but not being against it either, or whatever else.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    In the Gala there was Logan talking to Jean (telepathically) and saying something about Moira, did she already knew at that point?
    Gala is a comic that the more you think about it, the less sense it makes.

We have Emma telling Cyke about Moira, meaning the Quiet Council didn't tell him about Moira, yet, it seems Bishop knows about her, it is possible he learned of it after Cyke learned of it though, that would make it less bad.

Hope learned of Moira after joining the Quiet Council, and when her, Egg, Elyxir and Tempus go use their power of friendship to save Proteus, Proteus says Moira's name, and Hope, who should know how dangerous Moira is, does nothing and lets her go.

And Wolverine talking with Jean does make it look like Jean knew and didn't tell Cyke... It can also look weird for him to have known about Moira, but after X Deaths of Wolverine, it'd be weirder if he didn't, considering Gabby, Laura and Daken all learned about Moira and should've told him.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Damn that's a really good point. How can the xmen be free of politics when a council member recommended someone else and basically alluded to it would be like voting for her in her place. Now we know firestar but the average mutant doesn't. It was made explicitly clear she just uses the gates but somehow she won the vote on nothing more than emma recommendation. Great point.
    The voting itself was weird considering a bunch of characters got in because of random recommendations too (And then there's Iceman, who recommended himself), makes me wonder why they bothered with pretending there was voting to begin with lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    If i'm reading it right the 6 backbone characters are Avengers- Cap and Iron Man, X-Men - Jean and Nightcrawler (though Sinister is important, but not a lead), and Eternals - Sersi and Ajak (though Makkari has some stuff too but like Sinister not a main).
    Sinister was kidnapped by the Eternals to make a god or somethin', perhaps he won't do much as a character but will be the cause of a conflict for doing that.

Would saying "She won't trip at random now" be considered surprising? .

Welcome back.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 07-22-2022 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Would saying "She won't trip at random now" be considered surprising? .
    Oh, you! That’ll be the least of the surprises!

Welcome back.
    I missed you and your jazzy, laid-back, occasionally irreverent-in-the-most-endearing-way posts, Luk. Thank you for the welcome. 🙏🏼
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

So many Jean things to look forward to. I know you guys will keep me informed and up to date. Thank you
    First X-Lady

There are people with heart problems... And you're not helping lol

Gala is a comic that the more you think about it, the less sense it makes.

We have Emma telling Cyke about Moira, meaning the Quiet Council didn't tell him about Moira, yet, it seems Bishop knows about her, it is possible he learned of it after Cyke learned of it though, that would make it less bad.

Hope learned of Moira after joining the Quiet Council, and when her, Egg, Elyxir and Tempus go use their power of friendship to save Proteus, Proteus says Moira's name, and Hope, who should know how dangerous Moira is, does nothing and lets her go.

And Wolverine talking with Jean does make it look like Jean knew and didn't tell Cyke... It can also look weird for him to have known about Moira, but after X Deaths of Wolverine, it'd be weirder if he didn't, considering Gabby, Laura and Daken all learned about Moira and should've told him.
    Luk I bursted out laughing with the power of friendship part lmaooooo Hope is Naruto fr

But yeah I have the same thoughts, all about the Moira revelation is kind of a mess now x-x I hope we still got some reaction by Jean, but after seeing that characters like Storm or Kitty Pryde didn't even have one, I dont have much hope about it lol

I missed you and your jazzy, laid-back, occasionally irreverent-in-the-most-endearing-way posts, Luk. Thank you for the welcome. ����
    Hah, that's a new one lol.

Reminds me that I once complimented someone by saying he's pretty good at emulating disasters (Meaning, bad dialogue), and said I meant that in the nicest way possible, amusing I'm now on the other side of a compliment like this.

And thanks, I guess .

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Luk I bursted out laughing with the power of friendship part lmaooooo
    Thanks, though it's how it's been described by others in this forum... And it's so damn accurate lol.

Hope is Naruto fr
    Does that mean it was always her dream to become a member of the Quiet Council? Maybe she'll talk Moira into not being evil anymore too .

But yeah I have the same thoughts, all about the Moira revelation is kind of a mess now x-x I hope we still got some reaction by Jean, but after seeing that characters like Storm or Kitty Pryde didn't even have one, I dont have much hope about it lol
    Yeah that's the problem with current Moira, the writers say she's the same character, but she's practically a new character.

Like, in Inferno, Doug learns about her being alive and even saves her, and he never talks like he actually knows her, when he did so.

So yeah, I doubt Jean's own thoughts on that matter will be shown, if they are, she'll likely react to Moira like she's just another villain, 'cause that's practically how Moira is treated now... Was enough of a miracle Marvel even remembered she's Proteus' mother, and all they did there was have her go to Gala, basically say "Fuck you son", then leave lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 07-22-2022 at 08:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I cannot wait to see all of Jean's strong power displays in the new series, both TK and TP!!
    You and me both!

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    So many Jean things to look forward to. I know you guys will keep me informed and up to date. Thank you
    Yes, there are a handful of things to which to look forward.

1. The next three months are all about Gillen's Judgment Day, of which she is one of "the main six" characters.
    2. Right after, we have the beginning of Wells' Dark Web crossover, which seems like it will feature her in a pivotal role.
    3. Of course, we also have the rest of Duggan's second year of X-Men.
    4. And before you know it, it'll be time for X-Men '97 to debut.

And those are just the projects that have been announced...

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    There are people with heart problems... And you're not helping lol
    haha! Lean into the anticipation and have fund with it.

Hah, that's a new one lol.

Reminds me that I once complimented someone by saying he's pretty good at emulating disasters (Meaning, bad dialogue), and said I meant that in the nicest way possible, amusing I'm now on the other side of a compliment like this.

And thanks, I guess .
    You know I love you, so stop fishing.

BANNED

Random thought:
    Jean Grey IS overpowered, and that's the point. Her interesting boundaries are not the physical. Jean should be challenged mentally, spiritually, and morally. Writers go wrong trying to think of some dopey way to have her fail at using her powers instead of putting her in challenging situations.
    Let the character be cerebral.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Random thought:
    Jean Grey IS overpowered, and that's the point. Her interesting boundaries are not the physical. Jean should be challenged mentally, spiritually, and morally. Writers go wrong trying to think of some dopey way to have her fail at using her powers instead of putting her in challenging situations.
    Let the character be cerebral.
    She is not overpowered against the Eternals. Traditionally, the XMen have had weak foes, but is changing now they have foes like Merlin, the Eternals, etc.

She is not overpowered against the Eternals. Traditionally, the XMen have had weak foes, but is changing now they have foes like Merlin, the Eternals, etc.
    Magneto? Mr. Sinister? Dark Phoenix? Proteus? Cassandra Nova? Apocalypse? The Goblin Queen? The Brood? Onslaught?

weak?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Magneto? Mr. Sinister? Dark Phoenix? Proteus? Cassandra Nova? Apocalypse? The Goblin Queen? The Brood? Onslaught?

weak?
    Compared to Avengers foes many of those weak. Ooops, the Eternals even kidnapped Sinister.