Page 42 of 473 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It really depends on where both are in their emotional spaces, right? Sure, there has always been lots of physical attraction between the,, but that's just part of the equation. Both characters are also very emotional.

Let's say Logan and Mariko reconnected. After that, Logan and Jean having sex out of blue would be really bad.
    You're right, emotional context is important. In Jean's case, she recently reconnected with Scott. While they confronted many of their issues during their time-displacement, they haven't exactly made it clear where their relationship stands now. And Jean has very good reason to consider this marriage an "open marriage," though I am not saying that she does or would.

If my assumption turns out to be true, and Jean and Scott are the mainstays of X-Men, it is my hope that Duggan will begin to explore and, as a result, more clearly define their relationship.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This lmao

Nothing platonic about that

We've seen them kiss as well, and that pull away shot is classic comic "and then they f*cked"
    YEAH agreeed with you.

You have to be a very blind fan not to accept what they have said in interviews, and ON COMIC PANELS they not only make it clear that Jean has sex with both of them but also that Scott and Logan have sex with each other. XD

I mean scott and logan's conversation was very revealing.

It's canon that logan lived in the summers house on the moon and that the 3 actually share a room lol and they still think that jean doesn't have sex with logan hahahahaha

Even in the avengers comics, jean in the house on the moon shared a passionate kiss with logan in front of scott, and he wasn't even surprised, lol it's obvious the 3 have sex and are in a polyamorous relationship.

In the comics it is full of affirmations not assumptions and that is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    You have to be a very blind fan not to accept what they have said in interviews, and ON COMIC PANELS they not only make it clear that Jean has sex with both of them but also that Scott and Logan have sex with each other. XD
    Please post your references. I am curious to read and "parse" them.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You're right, emotional context is important. In Jean's case, she recently reconnected with Scott. While they confronted many of their issues during their time-displacement, they haven't exactly made it clear where their relationship stands now. And Jean has very good reason to consider this marriage an "open marriage," though I am not saying that she does or would.

If my assumption turns out to be true, and Jean and Scott are the mainstays of X-Men, it is my hope that Duggan will begin to explore and, as a result, more clearly define their relationship.
    Like I said before, I like Scott and Jean together. I think that, as a couple, they are a precious gem that is very rare to find and it would be a shame to throw such a relationship away. On top of that, I love both characters individually.

That being said, they can break their relationship apart at any moment without destroying the characters. The characters can move on to other relationships.

Personally, I don't see Jean and Logan lasting, but they could certainly give their relationship a try and, depending on the execution, it could be interesting to read. Even if it's not what I'd want, I'm not opposed to any of that, if the characters are being respected and their decisions/mistakes make sense for them.

The only thing that I am opposed to is to break Jean and Scott apart only to get them back together again later.

Like I said before, I like Scott and Jean together. I think that, as a couple, they are a precious gem that is very rare to find and it would be a shame to throw such a relationship away. On top of that, I love both characters individually.

That being said, they can break their relationship apart at any moment without destroying the characters. The characters can move on to other relationships.

Personally, I don't see Jean and Logan lasting, but they could certainly give their relationship a try and it, depending on the execution, it could be interesting to read. I'm not opposed to any of that, if the characters are being respected and their decisions/mistakes make sense for them.

The only thing that I am opposed to is to break Jean and Scott apart only to get them back together again later.
    Well, the fact of the matter is that Jean and Scott are a special and iconic couple. That's how they're treated from the top (by Marvel) down (by the general public). There really is no disputing that.

I'm not against them being together as long as their relationship is handled realistically and compellingly. So far, I've liked how Duggan has depicted them. He's given them three to four scenes (one in X-Men #7) and that shows how much they love and trust one another--and are FRIENDS too--without being mawkish or dragging either of them down. I know you prefer more demonstrative displays of affection between the two, but I need some time before I can feel comfortable with them going their every other panel.

For now, I'm enjoying them together.

Well, the fact of the matter is that Jean and Scott are a special and iconic couple. That's how they're treated from the top (by Marvel) down (by the general public). There really is no disputing that.

I'm not against them being together as long as their relationship is handled realistically and compellingly. So far, I've liked how Duggan has depicted them. He's given them three to four scenes (one in X-Men #7) and that shows how much they love and trust one another--and are FRIENDS too--without being mawkish or dragging either of them down. I know you prefer more demonstrative displays of affection between the two, but I need some time before I can feel comfortable with them going their every other panel.

For now, I'm enjoying them together.
    I do. But that's because it makes sense for them. And it's canon for them.

I don't need that from every couple. In fact, I think it could look weird even, depending on the couple.

But I respect your preferences and that's all fine by me.

As for being iconic together... yes! They are. Very few couples from any medium can dream of getting to their level. And since I'm such a fan of both characters, it's a no-brainer for me to want to see them together.

--
    I mentioned this before... I've been reading more about MBTI. It provides such an interesting framework to understand characters... Do you have any idea what that is?

I do. But that's because it makes sense for them. And it's canon for them.
    But you're referring to a time before the myriad changes that they both underwent. I found it realistic for them back then. Now? Not so much. The way they interact in the new series seems realistic to me. There's an ease and understated quality--a comfort level to their interactions--that seems informed by their long history together. They've pretty much been through it all.

As for being iconic together... yes! They are. Very few couples from any medium can dream of getting to their level. And since I'm such a fan of both characters, it's a no-brainer for me to want to see them together.
    I agree and totally understand why you love them as a couple!

I mentioned this before... I've been reading more about MBTI. It provides such an interesting framework to understand characters... Do you have any idea what that is?
    No, but feel free to inform me!

This makes total sense. Besides, if Jean and Logan are going to have sex, I want it to be romantic, indisputable, and not graphic but...a bit risque.

haha! I made it up. It was inspired by a fantastic interview with Brian Cox, who said, "No, no. Listen, I'm too old, too tired and too talented for any of that ****."

Source: https://deadline.com/2022/01/brian-c...cs-1234913875/
    Ahhh I see hahahah I thought that it was a real fictional interview like those they made for the Hellfire Gala 😂

i like it, “too wise, too immortal and too talented”

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Ahhh I see hahahah I thought that it was a real fictional interview like those they made for the Hellfire Gala ��

i like it, “too wise, too immortal and too talented”
    haha! That was the intent!

Also, for those interested, these are the most comprehensive reading guides I've found regarding Jean (I'll have to find the one on Age of Apocalypse and Ultimate Jean):

Jean Grey: https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...p?character=99

Time-Displaced Teenage Jean: https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...haracter=22549

Phoenix Force: https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...character=3986

But you're referring to a time before the myriad changes that they both underwent. I found it realistic for them back then. Now? Not so much. The way they interact in the new series seems realistic to me. There's an ease and understated quality--a comfort level to their interactions--that seems informed by their long history together. They've pretty much been through it all.

I agree and totally understand why you love them as a couple!

No, but feel free to inform me!
    Yes, it does, if you take their personality type into account, that is. And that's why I asked if you know anything about MBTI.

In *very* simple terms, Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a method to determine what kind of personality a person has. It's based on Carl Jung's theory of the 8 cognitive functions. Your "type" is determined by the 4 functions you use the most.

I could argue that Scott and Jean belong to different personality types, but both of them use the function that deals with the experience of the physical world, but neither use that function as their primary or auxiliary. From this perspective, it makes sense that the tactile input of each other's presence is soothing for them.

There's much more to it and it's just a way of understanding the canon. It's not absolute truth. It's just interesting.

--
    The Myers-Briggs personality testing? Yes, I am aware. Do you apply it to the characters?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The Myers-Briggs personality testing? Yes, I am aware. Do you apply it to the characters?
    I try. :P

I can't type Ororo and it drives me crazy!

Yes, it does, if you take their personality type into account, that is. And that's why I asked if you know anything about MBTI.

In *very* simple terms, Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a method to determine what kind of personality a person has. It's based on Carl Jung's theory of the 8 cognitive functions. Your "type" is determined by the 4 functions you use the most.

I could argue that Scott and Jean belong to different personality types, but both of them use the function that deals with the experience of the physical world, but neither use that function as their primary or auxiliary. From this perspective, it makes sense that the tactile input of each other's presence is soothing for them.

There's much more to it and it's just a way of understanding the canon. It's not absolute truth. It's just interesting.
    Oh, yes! I know about MBTI! The Enneagram, etc. However, though personality types are considered inborn, they can change in expression over time. Considering what both Jean and Scott have endured and survived--much more than any normal human being would be called to do or is capable of doing--I think it's understandable to assume their ways of expressing themselves could, would, and have changed and will continue to change. Hopefully, we'll get more input into their relationship in the near future.

Jean should have left the cyke years ago... I like her doing things by herself... Even since the Maddie case, her love for him should have gone to space. There's even a Tom Taylor Twitter (I think) saying she would be busy solving problems instead of relationships

Oh, yes! I know about MBTI! The Enneagram, etc. However, though personality types are considered inborn, they can change in expression over time. Considering what both Jean and Scott have endured and survived--much more than any normal human being would be called to do or is capable of doing--I think it's understandable to assume their ways of expressing themselves could, would, and have changed and will continue to change. Hopefully, we'll get more input into their relationship in the near future.
    That's debatable. The way I see it, we don't really change our personality type. We just develop those functions better as we age, so we might appear to be less representative of that type, but we're still pretty much it. Or, we mistyped when we were younger because we hadn't developed much our 3rd and 4th functions yet.

The thing is that that primary function runs way too deep to ever allow another to take its place and that is enough to get you stuck in your type.

--

I'll go watch Star Trek now. But I'll read and reply later. o/