Page 456 of 473 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    I can't accept this. Doesn't Disney have until at least 2025 to re-cast X-Men characters?
    Well, if that's true Disney will probably call you or read your comment and based on your dissertation and motivations they will cancel the actress.

I really like this actress as Jean. But on the other hand I feel a little sorry for the attacks she will receive:
    ''But Jean is white.... In a little while... ''

BANNED

I don't think there is anything to this rumor at all, hard to even call it a rumor really, but she would get massive hate if it were true. Alot from people who only see Jean as a side character anyway. It'd be fun to watch the same crowd that doesn't like a modern powerful Jean be mad that the movie character is brown though.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Didn't Rachel with PF stalemate Galactus?
    Yes. Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    That's crazy, one in-continuity instance of interaction between Jean and Galactus and it's almost 2023! I know Rachel has not only fought an alternate future version of him to a standstill but there is also an issue of Excalibur where she almost gets eaten by the 616 Galactus. But I honestly thought there would be at least a couple more Jean vs Galactus stories. Wow...that's crazy! I wonder how many big Marvel villains there are that Jean hasn't fought or had any interaction with before. Annihilus? I don't think she's met Annihilus...oh, that would be an epic fight.
    “Rachel”? Huh. I don’t remember any notably alt-Rachel vs Galactus battles. Eh.

Yup, Jean has not faced Annihilus. Jean also has yet to properly face Thanos. She has faced Doctor Doom before, but has never been singled out by him like Storm, Rachel, and such. Not unless you count Ultimate Doctor Doom. She was not around for Dark Reign, so she completely missed out on the Dark X-Men and Dark Avengers ordeal. She was also dead for Secret Invasion, though there was indeed a Skrull Jean Grey running around in the Savage Land, thinking she was the real deal, until Black Widow shoots her and Beast dead. She has not faced Dormmamu as far as I can recollect, though not many characters have outside of magic users. Technically, she was also absent for Deadly Genesis and the Fall of the Shi’ar, so she had not actually fought Vulcan. Jean isn’t an Avengers, so she is not crossing paths with Ultron any time soon. She has not faced Ronan the Accuser.

Yeah, this kind of tells ya why the unreasonable side of the overexcited fans are always so overeager to see Jean front and center of everything these days (which happens sometimes on Twitter and such). It’s not an excuse, but Jean’s always been really grounded into the X-mythos. So, she doesn’t often venture outside into Marvel events until around the All-New X-Men era, when Bendis brought Teen Jean. Then we started seeing Teen Jean running in the background against Red Skull/Onslaught, Evil Captain America, Civil War II, and then more front and center in more recent stories like A.X.E and King In Black.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    “Rachel”? Huh. I don’t remember any notably alt-Rachel vs Galactus battles. Eh.

Yup, Jean has not faced Annihilus. Jean also has yet to properly face Thanos. She has faced Doctor Doom before, but has never been singled out by him like Storm, Rachel, and such. Not unless you count Ultimate Doctor Doom. She was not around for Dark Reign, so she completely missed out on the Dark X-Men and Dark Avengers ordeal. She was also dead for Secret Invasion, though there was indeed a Skrull Jean Grey running around in the Savage Land, thinking she was the real deal, until Black Widow shoots her and Beast dead. She has not faced Dormmamu as far as I can recollect, though not many characters have outside of magic users. Technically, she was also absent for Deadly Genesis and the Fall of the Shi’ar, so she had not actually fought Vulcan. Jean isn’t an Avengers, so she is not crossing paths with Ultron any time soon. She has not faced Ronan the Accuser.

Yeah, this kind of tells ya why the unreasonable side of the overexcited fans are always so overeager to see Jean front and center of everything these days (which happens sometimes on Twitter and such). It’s not an excuse, but Jean’s always been really grounded into the X-mythos. So, she doesn’t often venture outside into Marvel events until around the All-New X-Men era, when Bendis brought Teen Jean. Then we started seeing Teen Jean running in the background against Red Skull/Onslaught, Evil Captain America, Civil War II, and then more front and center in more recent stories like A.X.E and King In Black.
    Hmm...I always thought this Galactus was from an alternate timeline that Rachel Summers had traveled into, primarily the reason being that he makes no mention of his attempt at devouring her way earlier in issue #25 of Excalibur but maybe I was wrong.

Galactus001.jpg

As for the overexcited fans, I can see why they might feel that way. I know how stoked I was when Jean came in, telepathically bashed the new big bad Knull and then served as our narrator for the unveiling of Captain Universe's identity as Knull's opposite. It was one of those really rare moments where you get to see two characters who live in the same universe but have never met one another, let alone heard of each other, interact in some form for the first time. It was something I always wanted to see and want to see more of because of how Jean's experiences with The Phoenix Force would play into her interacting with The Enigma Force.

God of Light.jpg

Its Here.jpg

The same goes for fighting villains like Annihilus and Thanos, there is a lot they can do with Jean by placing her into unfamiliar situations with unfamiliar foes and allies and it's just odd that Marvel chooses not to. She should be allowed to play in the greater Marvel Universe, like...like for example giving her a solo series where she takes a personal vacation, ends up going on this big magical adventure to Weirdworld with Man-Thing and Howard the Duck to meet Arkon, Tyndall the Elf and Crystar to fight the now-evil Doctor Druid, comes back to continue what was supposed to be a peaceful vacation only to be roped into another crazy situation with other characters she's never met before and battle foes she's never fought before. Call it Jean Grey's Giant-Sized Uncannily Spectacular Fantastical Road Trip across The Marvel Universe!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-28-2022 at 02:19 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Jean was so absolutely perfect in this crossover. Still my favorite Jean moment in recent years. It also captured the energy of what made the Phoenix Force once an interesting concept before they made the Phoenix Force an anthropomorphic bore-fest. When her eyes glew, I thought for a moment she would claim the Enigma force for herself.....

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Jean was so absolutely perfect in this crossover. Still my favorite Jean moment in recent years. It also captured the energy of what made the Phoenix Force once an interesting concept before they made the Phoenix Force an anthropomorphic bore-fest. When her eyes glew, I thought for a moment she would claim the Enigma force for herself.....
    Right?! How cool would that have been! I knew it was going for Venom though seeing as how it was his event but still...you never know, maybe one day Jean will get her shot at being Captain Universe. I think she could benefit from getting to know another, relatively friendlier cosmic force of nature.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 11-27-2022 at 11:38 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

This fan and artist on Twitter, @aimsee_e, just shared with me this piece they did. I love it.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This fan and artist on Twitter, @aimsee_e, just shared with me this piece they did. I love it.

I love it!

"Phoenix, come back to me!!!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The same goes for fighting villains like Annihilus and Thanos, there is a lot they can do with Jean by placing her into unfamiliar situations with unfamiliar foes and allies and it's just odd that Marvel chooses not to. She should be allowed to play in the greater Marvel Universe, like...like for example giving her a solo series where she takes a personal vacation, ends up going on this big magical adventure to Weirdworld with Man-Thing and Howard the Duck to meet Arkon, Tyndall the Elf and Crystar to fight the now-evil Doctor Druid, comes back to continue what was supposed to be a peaceful vacation only to be roped into another crazy situation with other characters she's never met before and battle foes she's never fought before. Call it Jean Grey's Giant-Sized Uncannily Spectacular Fantastical Road Trip across The Marvel Universe!
    I would love something like this. I want to see her pathos in relation to her family explored.

Also, Man-Thing! 🥹

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I would love something like this. I want to see her pathos in relation to her family explored.

Also, Man-Thing! ��

Ah!!! Jean Grey meets Man-Thing!

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    I can't accept this. Doesn't Disney have until at least 2025 to re-cast X-Men characters?
    That rumor has been debunked since 2019.

Also, Man-Thing! 🥹

I loved those stories, especially the ones Jean and Wanda were friends with. It would be really cool for Jean to appear in Wanda's solo

Thank you, GS. It's good to see that you're still around! :hug:

In other news, this rumor has been circulating heavily today. Admittedly, although I am usually not a big fan of race-swapping—this is due to a variety of reasons, not least of which is my belief that more unique and iconic diverse characters should be created not recycled into being—I can totally envision this and in a good way. (I felt the same way back when I saw people suggest Savannah Lee Smith.)

The chuds who hate Little Mermaid aren't gonna like this, but what about the Fox Jean's actor?

Just wondering if there is any new Jean news?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!