Page 391 of 473 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 7090

Anytime someone other than Jean or one of her "kids" has the force, this is what I wait for.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Fantastic Member

here's my issue with Phoenix. If they will present Phoenix as a separate entity from Jean, then I don't want it near her. Coz that means that bird can do as it please and jump from one host to another. And it downplays Jean again saying she needs the Phoenix to do all her feats.

I love that she shows how powerful she is while Phoenix is with Echo. That establishes Jean as a powerhouse on her own no help from anything.

THat whole X-Men 92, in order to terraform the Asteroid M, she needs the Phoenix?!?! This whole show diminishes Jeans contribution, and it's like..."meh, thanks to the phoenix". When they terraformed Mars with just Jeans powers and the other Omegas, that was impressive.

I might be the minority, but I like to see Jean 616 without the Phoenix, smack 4 silver surfers soon!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    here's my issue with Phoenix. If they will present Phoenix as a separate entity from Jean, then I don't want it near her. Coz that means that bird can do as it please and jump from one host to another. And it downplays Jean again saying she needs the Phoenix to do all her feats.

I love that she shows how powerful she is while Phoenix is with Echo. That establishes Jean as a powerhouse on her own no help from anything.

THat whole X-Men 92, in order to terraform the Asteroid M, she needs the Phoenix?!?! This whole show diminishes Jeans contribution, and it's like..."meh, thanks to the phoenix". When they terraformed Mars with just Jeans powers and the other Omegas, that was impressive.

I might be the minority, but I like to see Jean 616 without the Phoenix, smack 4 silver surfers soon!
    I agree. Marvel has tainted Phoenix now and made it too messy. Phoenix 5, Echo phoenix. Thor's mom maybe phoenix it got so messy and convoluted now because they wanted Phoenix in everything. It was far better served as an Xmen staple now when its gotten all over Avengers etc. its a hot mess.

well it is a seperate entity and I think its way too late to back track on that

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    well it is a seperate entity and I think its way too late to back track on that
    Well, i want it to be that the Phoenix is actually future Jean. That it's her natural evolution. That's probably why it's attached to her so much.

But i guess that's wishful thinking. Hehehe.

I want Jean to be always Phoenix. Hosts can exists too and it will not change the fact that she is Phoenix. That’s my HC.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To me Jean Grey is phoenix, I never understood this need to to separate the two and prove what ? That she can discard her legacy and still be fine?! why does she need to renounce her iconic identity? There wouldn’t even be a phoenix force if it wasn’t for her.
    Just as I like Thor to wield HIS hammer or Tony Stark to don HIS armor, I like my Jean with an extra serving of Phoenix force on top.
    And her classic costume is just timeless perfection!
    Facts!

Also facts. I like the idea that once Jean became Phoenix she was phoenix always. Time isn’t linear for one who resides in the White Hot room. So she can still be Jean currently doing her own thing, but her evolved super consciousness is actually the phoenix doing phoenix work. Jean can access this super consciousness via her crown chakras like during Morrison’s run. It makes it so Jean’s history remains intact but also explains away how other people can be phoenix.
    Separate in some ways, exactly the same in others.
    Last edited by Tank; 08-22-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Terraforming an asteroid is quite absurd if you think about it, sounds like the kind of work better suited for a sorcerer or cosmic powered individual
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I would like them to develop the psionic form but it still has a connection with the phoenix. When the phoenix needed help regarding something in the universe she would call Jean or Jean if she needed her...

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I would like them to develop the psionic form but it still has a connection with the phoenix. When the phoenix needed help regarding something in the universe she would call Jean or Jean if she needed her...
    The answer is really so simple…her phoenix self that exists outside of conventional space time chooses most to act thru Jean and has that connection to Jean because it IS her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The answer is really so simple…her phoenix self that exists outside of conventional space time chooses most to act thru Jean and has that connection to Jean because it IS her.
    YES, Phoenix is Jean.

Is like the Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    YES, Phoenix is Jean.

Is like the Trinity.
    In the Past Jean did not have the Phoenix;

In the Present Jean can wield the Phoenix;

In the Future Jean is the Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    She would have to be lucky enough to get a good writer who was willing to develop her. Who would be a good name for the current era?
    I would like to see Tom Taylor developing a story like this and the art of Lukas or Russell
    And hoping the best possible from Gillen

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    She would have to be lucky enough to get a good writer who was willing to develop her. Who would be a good name for the current era?
    I would like to see Tom Taylor developing a story like this and the art of Lukas or Russell
    And hoping the best possible from Gillen
    Gillen or Ewing has a good handle on continuity while being able to develop high concepts like this would take.

No to Tom Taylor. His Jean was a chihuahua —-bark and no bite.

Spectacular Member
    Last edited by Marvelfan1992; 08-22-2022 at 12:39 PM.