Page 381 of 473 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 7090
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So not trying to downplay Jean in this moment but does Ikaris even have that type of "mind" where it would be difficult for Jean to pull him in? Going off the Marvel Wiki/Wikipedia (don't judge me, please) Ikaris is ranked at a "low-level" telepath. Has anything changed or is this another round of the Knull feat where it was knocked because Knull (an old as time space god) didn't have any on panel telepathic resistant feats.
    I read up on him...doesnt seem like it would be more difficult to pull him then any other low level eternal telepath.

So not trying to downplay Jean in this moment but does Ikaris even have that type of "mind" where it would be difficult for Jean to pull him in? Going off the Marvel Wiki/Wikipedia (don't judge me, please) Ikaris is ranked at a "low-level" telepath. Has anything changed or is this another round of the Knull feat where it was knocked because Knull (an old as time space god) didn't have any on panel telepathic resistant feats.
    I believe all Eternals have the same powers (including telepathy) but have spent their immortal lives specializing in certain abilities. Telepathy isn't one of Ikaris' strengths, but I'm guessing over the millenia he's at least developed some training to resist other telepaths, especially when there are conniving Eternals like Druig who specialize in mind control.

Ikaris is a low level telepath, but gillen showed that each eternal has multiple layers in their minds which different levels of psi defense

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Ikaris is a low level telepath, but gillen showed that each eternal has multiple layers in their minds which different levels of psi defense
    So she is very powerful to get through all those layers. And now it appears in this issue Jean has her own mission which Ikaris says maybe a suicide mission. And yes, we will see her kick butt.

Considering she was coordinating an attack, protecting herself and Scott while flying and casually pulled Ikaris' mind into hers so both could have a chat about the situation and he was on the Moon (or any other planet, I can't tell) is quite impressive. I'd say it just confirms what she is already capable of, still a nice feat.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.

Contrary to what JD2 aka The Exodus Show portrayed Jean was feating hard. I just want Duggan to employ her TK on the same or even more devastating level. Where realising they're sentient she takes control of their "minds" and then telekinetically reconfigures their bodies ...or something.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-12-2022 at 08:32 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Is there much difference skill/powerwise to reach out to Ikaris versus pulling him into her mind? Shrug

Not familiar with Ikaris, is he known for his mental capabilities?

Also it looks like Iceman and Jean are both using their powers to blow that eternal’s brains out…but the art doesnt convey the nanites or what they are doing well.
    that's actually from Forge's canon that shot the "magic bullet" with the nanites. artist confirmed it

You're right about Jean not being part of the mission to the armory though. We've seen the strike team from previous previews

strike.jpg
    srike.jpg
    Last edited by Marvelfan1992; 08-12-2022 at 09:02 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    that's actually from Forge's canon that shot the "magic bullet" with the nanites. artist confirmed it

You're right about Jean not being part of the mission to the armory though. We've seen the strike team from previous previews
    [IMG]https://aiptcomics.com/ezoimgfmt/***********/aiptcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/XMMb1.jpg?resize=768%2C467&ssl=1&ezimgfmt=ng:webp/ngcb1[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://aiptcomics.com/ezoimgfmt/***********/aiptcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/XMEN2021013_Interior2.jpg?resize=768%2C1166&ssl=1& ezimgfmt=ng:webp/ngcb1[/IMG]
    Thanks for confirming. I saw the pink so I assumed it was Jean doing something offensive. How disappointing. Still a walkie talkie…

And glad someone else can tell Jean wont be part of the armory mission. It’s like some people dont understand what they’re reading.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for confirming. I saw the pink so I assumed it was Jean doing something offensive. How disappointing. Still a walkie talkie…
    i mean, it's not like that's all she's doing lol. in JD she was actively fighting Syne with Exodus and had global TP sensing while basically being the command center of the entire war effort. Here she's fighting the HEX while presumably shielding herself and scott, scanning the world/moon (?) to find Ikaris and bringing him into her mind. And that's just previews, she may or may not get more stuff. It's not the greatest bunch of feats but we're only like 1/4 of the way into the event and you're already complaining so much. just chill out. I get being disappointed with feats and portrayal etc, but let's wait until AFTER the event?
    chill.jpg

The Red Dragon

i mean, it's not like that's all she's doing lol. in JD she was actively fighting Syne with Exodus and had global TP sensing while basically being the command center of the entire war effort. Here she's fighting the HEX while presumably shielding herself and scott, scanning the world/moon (?) to find Ikaris and bringing him into her mind. And that's just previews, she may or may not get more stuff. It's not the greatest bunch of feats but we're only like 1/4 of the way into the event and you're already complaining so much. just chill out. I get being disappointed with feats and portrayal etc, but let's wait until AFTER the event?
    chill.jpg
    That’s what some people said after the previews of AxE2. We didnt get much. How was she going offensive on Syne? The art and dialogue didnt convey she did anything but relay information.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I don't think you have to wait until the event is over to judge...as each issue/tie-in is a story unto itself and should be critiqued accordingly...to single out your favourite character as not having the best and biggest and most wow moments in a single issue that has many other characters all working towards the same goal is a bit silly to understate it.

Would I have loved to see Storm go OL on the Hex? Yes, but Gillen gave me Lightning Lass, instead. He had Rachel smiling in-panel, doing nothing. In an overaching event like this wallpapers are to be expected. For all that she was just a walkie-talkie at least Jean was present throughout. Could she have done more? I suppose...but that's up to the Head writer and how he wants to tell his story. (I get the sense that Gillen isn't much of an all-out action type writer...but that's probably just me and my lack of experience and interest in his Marvel work)

I'll see what Duggan does with her in XM 13. And what Ewing does with Storm in XMR.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

That’s what some people said after the previews of AxE2. We didnt get much. How was she going offensive on Syne? The art and dialogue didnt convey she did anything but relay information.
    but so what though? There's still 2 whole months of the event to go. I don't why are you quite bothered by her not having done something huge in terms of combat by the 1/4 mark. I understand wanting good feats. Pyrofn and I made a whole ass feats respect thread for her over on comicvine so trust me, I love feats and absolutely want those feats too and i'll definitely be disappointed if she doesn't get anything good. But again, we're still so early in the event. There's no point being so negative about feats this early on. If the event finishes and she's still just a "walkietalkie" then sure go off. I'll even join you in complaining about it. But we really should wait to see how things play out before being so negative about it.

We can see here her and exodus have their power signatures flaring and their hand gestures are very attack-like gestures. I feel like this is the artist depicting them using their TK on Syne. Probably in a force-push or force-hold type of manner. IMO
    syne.jpg
    Last edited by Marvelfan1992; 08-12-2022 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

strike.jpg
    srike.jpg
    That doesn’t mean Jean isn’t there or doesn’t have a huge role. We won’t know for sure until we have read the issue.

BANNED

We may or may not get much from this issue. It is not fair to judge an issue until it comes out. Claiming the worst based on last disappointment is not cool.

I’m neutral until I read it, though I’d say this issue looks promising.

BANNED

To be fair, I can see how disappointed fans could at times anticipate the worst. However, that doesn’t mean you have to dump your every negative feeling on groups like this. I am not saying you have to be Mr. Sunshine bit if you’re basically vomiting negative energy on other people that’s not cool. It’s not the fault of other fans you see unhappy with the direction of Marvel.

Discussion is fine but people should not just rant negativity all the time.