Page 386 of 473 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    For those curious about Thor's connection to the Phoenix Force, it was revealed in Avengers 100,000,000 BC that spoilers:
    Thor's parentage is still unchanged. He is still the biological son of Odin and Gaea, not Odin and the Phoenix. The Phoenix wanted to leave for the stars but was worried about Earth needing benevolent caretakers, so she convinced Gaea into giving Odin a chance at love. And then later on, as soon as Thor was born, Laufey of the ice giants attacks and cuts baby Thor, turning him into ice, but the Phoenix "breathed the fires of life back into the child." So in a way, the Phoenix helped give Thor life, just not in the biological sense that was initially implied earlier in Jason Aaron's Avengers run.
    end of spoilers
    Thank god.

BANNED

Yes, I'm pleased as punch that the charade is finally over as the B.S. fan-fic was a direct and blatant contradiction to what was printed in Thor (Vol. 1) #301

So the scene in Planet Sized X-Men was a little unclear from the art what exactly happened. But a fan asked Gerry Duggan and he basically confirmed that it was indeed Jean and Exodus moving the entire island through a gate and Latucca guided them:

And here is a bigger of the tweet from CF Villa that the pink energy that blew the Hex's head out is Jean's:
    Last edited by Tank; 08-17-2022 at 08:34 PM.

I’m very happy to hear Jean had a role in physically moving arakko with her tk and was part of the offensive show of force during judgement day #2 my only question is : Couldn’t the artist and writer do a better job at conveying what was actually happening? Having to check via social media in order to make head or tail regarding Jean’s role in these issue is so very weird, people often criticize Claremont but even as young child I never had any trouble understanding what was going on panel, his caption were always informative and cool in a nerdy kind of way.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m very happy to hear Jean had a role in physically moving arakko with her tk and was part of the offensive show of force during judgement day #2 my only question is : Couldn’t the artist and writer do a better job at conveying what was actually happening? Having to check via social media in order to make head or tail regarding Jean’s role in these issue is so very weird, people often criticize Claremont but even as young child I never had any trouble understanding what was going on panel, his caption were always informative and cool in a nerdy kind of way.
    Agreed. This is my pet peeve and why I miss narration boxes. Not only were they descriptive and added more detail, they often provided clarification on what is going on in the art...so people dont have to via twitter. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    May Jason Aaron never write about phoenix again.
    Seriously though this will br forgotten and never referenced once he’a gone and that’s a good thing, but it’s an example of why editors need to say NO.
    Aaron is a writer of horrible fan fiction. Any of us on this forum could do better! All of the terrible things Aaron did to the Avengers are being undone. He turned She Hull into a dumb brute Hulk, that is undone.

Agreed. This is my pet peeve and why I miss narration boxes. Not only were they descriptive and added more detail, they often provided clarification on what is going on in the art...so people dont have to via twitter. lol
    Yes, and I would have loved it if a narration box in X-Men #13 had made it clear just how massive a feat it was for Jean to drown the Hex. It is easy to overlook that feat with everything else that happened in that issue.

So the scene in Planet Sized X-Men was a little unclear from the art what exactly happened. But a fan asked Gerry Duggan and he basically confirmed that it was indeed Jean and Exodus moving the entire island through a gate and Latucca guided them:

And here is a bigger of the tweet from CF Villa that the pink energy that blew the Hex's head out is Jean's:
    GerryDuggan has a problem with making things very explicit for Jean, it's always something with an ambiguous twist. This I don't believe.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's kind of funny...
    We all know it was a massive feat both literally and figuratively. Villa clearly shows the scale of Jean's effort and just how she accomplishes it...in four panels. Yet we want to be told in caption that "Jean, using her telekinetic might, drowns the Hex"

Don't get me wrong, there are many writers and artists in modern comics who absolutely need caption/narration boxes but Duggan and Larraz/Pina/Villa are not them.

The one (of a few) thing I hated most about Claremont's writing was that he was so redundant in both his captions and his art direction. Why explain something when it was clearly shown by the artist? It cluttered up beauty-full artwork unnecessarily.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    GerryDuggan has a problem with making things very explicit for Jean, it's always something with an ambiguous twist. This I don't believe.
    Someone determined to find the worst possible interpretation possible will always do so. And why call Dugan a liar?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Someone determined to find the worst possible interpretation possible will always do so. And why call Dugan a liar?
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling him a liar, I just don't believe his words.
    It is also plausible to believe that Jean was attacking the Hex alongside Exodus. I don't know... In the last editions in which Exodus and Jean appeared together, the designers insist on showing Exodus' telekinesis and not Jean's, so it is implicit

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can 100 % agree that Gillen and Schiti needed some caption boxes. As beauty-full as it was the artwork was way too busy and things were happening way too scattered.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling him a liar, I just don't believe his words.
    It is also plausible to believe that Jean was attacking the Hex alongside Exodus. I don't know... In the last editions in which Exodus and Jean appeared together, the designers insist on showing Exodus' telekinesis and not Jean's, so it is implicit
    But why would he lie in this context? If you’re saying you don’t believe him, you see calling him a liar?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The one (of a few) thing I hated most about Claremont's writing was that he was so redundant in both his captions and his art direction. Why explain something when it was clearly shown by the artist? It cluttered up beauty-full artwork unnecessarily.
    In the past, comic artwork didn’t mean to be admired, it served the story.

Today, pages are cluttered by shades, effects and tons of details. The panels are unnecessarily big.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's kind of funny...
    We all know it was a massive feat both literally and figuratively. Villa clearly shows the scale of Jean's effort and just how she accomplishes it...in four panels. Yet we want to be told in caption that "Jean, using her telekinetic might, drowns the Hex"

Don't get me wrong, there are many writers and artists in modern comics who absolutely need caption/narration boxes but Duggan and Larraz/Pina/Villa are not them.

That Jean vs Hex scene should have been a splash page, to indicate the scale of such a feat. Four little boxes doesn’t cut it. They’re in the business of entertainment. Well entertain, dammit!

On a smaller scale, Iceman leveling up to knock out a Hex was also event worthy. Yet both those feats seemed ho-hum because they were depicted as such.
    Last edited by SugarMan; 08-18-2022 at 05:48 AM.